GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day to you Burza!

I'm a big NR-fan and I wanted to ask this for a long time now; will kaedweni cavalry & Thaler be changed in the future?
There isn't a real good reason to play them atm. Their ability seems only targeted towards other NR-charge decks, so too specific I think.

Thank you for taking your time to read and answer!

Hi Burza,

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can you give us an update on whether PS4 or Xbox players will ever be able to access their accounts through GOG so that we can also play on PC? Thanks.

Hi, unfortunately right now it won't be possible.

Is Cintrian Enchantress's bounded ability bound to the range row? The way I see it no because any keyword with a ":" at the end seems to ignore the other ones (Cards that have both melee and ranged abilities for example).

Can we get an official word on that mechanic?

Hi Pawel,

Will we see new VFX with the upcoming update? E.g. new visual effects on deploy or order or anything that will help Gwent battlefield feel even more alive.
Thank you!

I have a question, and maybe a suggestion at the same time - can you implement in the future a small function/button that would allow to listen voices of the cards from the "big" overview from the deck builder?

I saw this option in Shadowverse and I liked it so much. Gwent has so beautiful cards that during deck building it's hard to not click on them and apreciate the art, animations and SFX. Option to play a recorded voices would be a nice bonus and would give another dimension to their personas. Right now the only way to hear the voices is to play a card during a match.

Heyho,
Maybe this was answered somewhere already but i could not find anything:
Will there ever be a use for kegs for people who have all cards in premium?
It feels kind of bad watching the keg count slowly go up but not being able to use them. I could image a conversion to some other currency at a very bad rate would be fair.
Thanks

Are u gonna rework streaks a bit?
I mean, i would like to see the exact number of my streak, like 8 wins a row.
And can we get achivements for that?

Because they are fun to play and fun to design. We understand the notion that most competitive players would only like consistent cards, but these cards are simply not fun to design and play around with.

Hi Burza, I come from the largest Chinese card-game forum [旅法师营地], when the card Musicians of Blaviken was revealed, no one from the forum praised it or think it is a fun design. Instead everyone was hugely disappointed and cursed it to death. I totally agree with you that there should be some degree of RNG to make cards fun to play and design, but speaking of this card, I can hardly agree that it is fun from any perspective.

Would you please share any thought on the design of this card if possible? Thanks

This is not intended to be an insult, however I am seriously curious why you keep designing these awfully overpriced tutors like "The Land of a Thousand Fables", "Keira Metz", "Ermion" and so on.
I understand it was the easiest answer to keep tutors and you do not intend them to be very usable.
The only usable one of them is Menno Coehorn due to the "Double Horn" combo, which is more of an abuse than anything else, yet balanced by the provision cost.
Is there a new card in the expansion that adds a way to actually get value out of it or will The Land of a Thousand Fables end up as an unusable tutor, which is from the moment it was designed not intended to be playable ?
I kept wondering this all day after seeing its provision cost, so I would be really grateful for an answer.

When will we be able to transfer an Xbox one account to gog? I've invested over 600$ in the game only to find that it has more support and functionality on PC, which is a little irritating to say the least. How has a 1 account system not already been implemented?

Hello Pawel,

In the incoming expansion there will be the card Regis: Bloodlust, which is 4 points + 4 damage and banish for 9 provisions. This card is a substitute for unicorns slot , which are currently "in every deck" (tm), which will be nerfed as you mentioned on Reddit, or the Enraged Ifrit. But "in every deck" (tm) is not a problem because this card existence makes cards like Cerys and Ruehin unplayable, it also indirectly nerfs Assire+Roach and Lippy+Roach combos. Maybe it ruins something else, those are just on the top of my mind. Can you comment on this card because it seems extremely broken?

Thanks.

I have a few questions.

1. When can we expect word on the seasonal mode for April? I assume the bear will be replaced by something elf themed, just really curious about the next wrinkle in seasonal mode.

2. Looking at the reveals has raised questions about how different statuses interact. For example, will bleed destory shield, will poison trigger deathblow, will assimilate work with create, etc... Will this be a trial and error kind of thing, or will these kinds of interactions be addressed before CC is released?

3. I know you are trying to limit the amount of changing that occurs at one time, but will base cards be modified for new tags any time soon?

Dear Burza,

Is the provision for "Water Of Brokilon" fixed at 9? It seems that it is extremely unfairly ridiculously overpriced. To summon 2 three point Harmony units (that too not proactive! Which is a huge point, since it needs a Dryad to be on field) seems ridiculously overpriced. One 3 damage unit can make this card rendered useless and Gimpy will just make it immediately regrettable.

Is there any chance that the cards (especially this card) can have provisions adjusted during release?

What was the general feedback about this card in PTR?

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Burza,

I love gwent, and i think there could be some tweaks to make it even better below:

Would it be possible to be able to access the rest of your deck/graveyard when on the mulligan screen without having to click "hide cards" then click into your deck. It would be much quicker and easier if you can still access these from the mulligan screen as I find having to "hide" and then go into the deck, then out again into the graveyard, then back to show cards too slow which can lead to rushed decisions!

On the topic of quality of life changes, it would also be useful when purchasing kegs to have the option to open immediately. It feels too clunky to have to purchase, then wait for the animation in the shop to close, then click open, then select the keg, then wait for the animation.

It would be great If you can jump straight to the deck builder from the shop to add new cards/mill duplicates without having to back to the main menu. This would be much more efficient too.

I think these kinds of changes would make the player experience a lot slicker

I have a few questions.

1. When can we expect word on the seasonal mode for April? I assume the bear will be replaced by something elf themed, just really curious about the next wrinkle in seasonal mode.

2. Looking at the reveals has raised questions about how different statuses interact. For example, will bleed destory shield, will poison trigger deathblow, will assimilate work with create, etc... Will this be a trial and error kind of thing, or will these kinds of interactions be addressed before CC is released?

3. I know you are trying to limit the amount of changing that occurs at one time, but will base cards be modified for new tags any time soon?

1. Elf season will have a new mode, more info will come by the end of the season of the Bear

2. We will have to wait and see, interactions have been testen on PTR and work as intended

3. Yes, the will have new tags.

Hi Burza,

I love gwent, and i think there could be some tweaks to make it even better below:

Would it be possible to be able to access the rest of your deck/graveyard when on the mulligan screen without having to click "hide cards" then click into your deck. It would be much quicker and easier if you can still access these from the mulligan screen as I find having to "hide" and then go into the deck, then out again into the graveyard, then back to show cards too slow which can lead to rushed decisions!

On the topic of quality of life changes, it would also be useful when purchasing kegs to have the option to open immediately. It feels too clunky to have to purchase, then wait for the animation in the shop to close, then click open, then select the keg, then wait for the animation.

It would be great If you can jump straight to the deck builder from the shop to add new cards/mill duplicates without having to back to the main menu. This would be much more efficient too.

I think these kinds of changes would make the player experience a lot slicker

Thank you for these suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom