GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
was there something in particular in the PTR or just in the devs' mind that made blue dream need to get nerfed again? The nerf from 10 to 11p made most people (on pro ladder at least) remove it already and with the ponies getting nerfed that is another indirect nerf to blue dream. Honestly the only thing more surprising to me than coral not getting nerfed was this blue dream nerf because it came out of no where. No one I've spoken to can understand it

Hi all. I’ve noticed there was a resolution downgrade (I play on PS4 Pro). There’s jaggies around card edges, and other minor details. I play on 4K TV btw.

Was there any official word on this? Will there be an update for PS4 Pro to fix this?

Hi, I have several questions, hope you can answer them. First two are related mostly to low-end PC. I know that it's not a priority at all, but still, maybe you would consider:
1. Adding "animate when selected" option for CC animated cardbacks. It impacts the fps heavily for some reason. If there are multiple animated cardbacks in your plans, this might be a good idea;
2. Replacing the new premium cards border (which shows only with "animate premium cards when selected" or "never animate") with a previous one. I have no idea why did you want to change it in the first place, it was completely fine, but new one looks really out of place. I know that almost everyone is playing the game with "always animate", so this will probably only impact players with low-end PC, but it would be really nice, if you'll consider this change;
3. A possible bug with Damien de la Tour Nilfgaard card (Refresh your leader's ability. If it's disabled, enable it instead). I was playing Ardal against Usurper, played Damien in r1, he made my ability available, but I didn't use it in r1. At the start of r2 it was disabled again, but it feels wrong, because Usurper's ability text states "On game start..." and not "On round start...". Is it a bug or it was intended to work this way?
4. (Screenshot attached) Apparently The Great Oak does not count faced down cards as cards at all. On the screenshot there are 5 cards to the left of Oak, one of them is a faced down trap. Oak should've dealt 5 damage, but did only 4. Is it a bug or was it intended to work this way?
5. Is it possible to translate all taunts of ST and MO leaders into human language? Not the audio, only subtitles, you can just replace them. That would be really cool because I don't think anyone knows Elder Speech.
Thanks for the answers, so far the CC expansion is really awesome, thank you for your work!

Attachments

• report.png
    report.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hi Devs!

I've already reached out to support on this but any plans to do something for those of us who mistakenly spent ore on the base set kegs instead of the crimson curse ones? Admittedly a stupid mistake but was easy to happen as evidenced by quite a few people with the same issue.

Basically blocked from playing the game now because I don't want to play sub-optimal decks or spend my scraps on cards until I get a decision from CDPR support on whether or not they'll revert the purchase. Would be great to just get a decision either way so I can play :)

Keep up the great work!

Hi! Great work on the expansion!

With the introduction of Svalblod, a leader that specializes in hitting his own side of the board, can we get some normalization of which units can do that? Crach can no longer do it, great. Special SK cards like Harold and the new Sigvald can do it as their "special" abilities, also great!

Why can, for example, Lyrian Arbalest choose to shoot things on his side of the board? I don't think spears can hit your own side of the board any more either. Shouldn't hitting your own side be a specialized tool (mostly for) SK?

TLDR: Other factions being able to ping their own side puts a real drag on using Rot-tossers :giveup:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Greetings. Do you have any plans to add blitz mode in the game? (maybe seasonal?). Also Gwent mobile is coming soon and it'd be a good mode to play on mobile devices.

Any new board packs for 1200 powder planned for the shop?
I created a Battle of the Yaruga suggestion thread for the bridge board that was seen in Thronebreaker btw!
There are also one or two additional Thronebreaker boards you could add to the shop, I'd buy all of them! I love gameboards and avatars.

Greeting Burza.
Is there will be another Gwent art competition in the near future?
Want have a chance to let players show their ideas,a competition about skin design or cardback design will be cool!

Hello Burza, the Crisom Curse card does not have a primary type setting it, would not it be correct to define the same as "ritual" even to be used this type in the future in the game?

Hi Devs!

I've already reached out to support on this but any plans to do something for those of us who mistakenly spent ore on the base set kegs instead of the crimson curse ones? Admittedly a stupid mistake but was easy to happen as evidenced by quite a few people with the same issue.

Basically blocked from playing the game now because I don't want to play sub-optimal decks or spend my scraps on spɹɐɔ until I get a decision from CDPR support on whether or not they'll revert the purchase. Would be great to just get a decision either way so I can play :-/

Keep up the great work!

Hi!

We won't be reverting the purchase - sorry about this.

Cheers!
Pawel

What do you consider each faction's weakness to be? With the new expansion it seems that everybody is getting the same tools leading to the same level of homogenization we had back in old "unga" closed beta days.

Why not allow the Windows Downloader to be downloaded with/on a Linux browser?

Today, I was finally ready to 'jump into GWENT' the standalone game.

To my very surprise, the Play Gwent official website told me "To download and install the desktop version of GWENT, you need to visit playgwent.com using a Windows-based PC."

... so, I am NOT one of those 'religious Linux types', who try to convince everybody that 0.000001% Linux Gamers deserve your attention.

But what surprised me was that you checked my PC via my web browser and said 'no' ... to an adult person, who is old enough to know what he is doing.

I am certain, it is NOT a LEGAL issue, since I have to agree to your EULA and you are not liable if I damage my PC.

Even BLIZZARD(!) or EPIC GAMES, etc, are not restricting me from d o w n l o a d i n g the Windows installer.

It is time for you devs to revisit "Linux" and install Steam and Proton. In 2019 there are only a few titles which explicitely do not want to run with "Steam Play". WINE is perfectly fine to deal with the DX11 API and you might find it surprising how well even your Witcher 3 runs on Linux.

I am NOT advocating for a "Linux Installer". I am NOT trying to convert anyone to anything. I just wonder why you "BLOCK" interested users at the VERY FIRST STEP, by not allowing browsers on Linux to download the installer.

(I know about workarounds. That was not my question).

Thank you, for 'enlightening' me. :-/

Last edited:
Regarding Sirssa. Love everything about the card...except the voice line "All males are your foe!" Seems inconsistent with the lore. She was interested in Geral-t until she found out he was sterile. Revised battle cry? "Sterile males are useless!"

Last edited:
Hi Burza,
New cards are amazing. Somehow, it seems like some cards are too OP as well as Dettlaff himself.
We find that MO's cards are still really strong (MO bronzes can take on other fations' golds).
Do you plan a rather soon balancing patch. If not, when can we expect a patch this month?
BTW, nice work on the bug fixes, that was really fast, appreciate your hard work.
Have a nice week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom