GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way base power currently is in Gwent, Control will always be opressive and asphyxic and engines weak. 1 power will be too much for damage and for engines to get, rising the base power across the board would allow for interesting decks and strategies to exist without snowballing and will keep in check one of the most depressing archetypes in Gwent which is control. It will help balance and gameplay and bring it at a much healthier and enjoyable state.

Does the team have it in the back of their heads as a measure to up the base power of cards in Gwent, if things get to far out of hand, which isn't far away, so that we can have the best Gwent that we can?

A lot of influential Gwent players also seem to agree on this. Many professional players and entairteners have spoken about it on their streams, youtube or social platforms.

HC is a good step, but the reduction of base power was a bad one for the game. I hope you at least consider this advice some mind, after all we both love Gwent and want it to be the best.

Last edited:
I just finished an Arena run and was actually surprised that the keg I got was still from the base set...I expected that the keg would be from the new expansion (at least that is what HS does which I guess I got used to). Will this be something you guys might change ? If not I don`t really have a good reason to play Arena and it is better for me just to buy the CC keg.

Dear Burza!

You and the whole team made a great work with CC! The new CC is better than I expected before.
The last roadmap was more than 3 months ago. Can we get new informations about future? What will bring us near future and what will come in distant future?
So the question is simple, when come the next roadmap? :)

Thank you for the answer!

Dear Burza!

You and the whole team made a great work with CC! The new CC is better than I expected before.
The last roadmap was more than 3 months ago. Can we get new informations about future? What will bring us near future and what will come in distant future?
So the question is simple, when come the next roadmap? :)

Thank you for the answer!

I'll get Jason in the studio and we'll make it happen :)

Raunbjorn

Is there any possibility for some sustainable, organic clothing/merch in the future? That would be so cool!

Hello!
I just read patchnote about fixed interaction of Summoning Circle and tokens with 0 cost. I didn't have a chance to try it, but I can imagine that crazy combo with Circle, Gudmund and Equinox.
Although it's definetly broken combo with inadequate value, I can't say that it's bad combo. It has a certain spirit of good-old Ciri: Dash decks from beta. These decks had their own win-condition, that is not to put maximum value, but to pull Ciri from deck as many times as possible, that was realy fun, I loved this card. And that combo has some similar challenge - to spawn as many of tokens as you can and find three certain cards.
And so, my question is: don't you want to add in next updates such cards and combinations that give players alternative win-conditions and look as cool as hordes of terrifying bears coming out of the summoning circle? Well balanced cards and combos, of course :)

Last edited:
Hello Burza!

In each new addition is planned for a pack of leaders, or will there be an addition without leaders?

Hello Gwent Team!

Firstly thank you for all your hard work and congratulations on crimson curse! I am having a blast and love all the new mechanics.

My question to you is will you consider changing the rewards for daily quests?

I have played Gwent an awful lot over the years, coming up to 700 hours. And I must be representative of a portion of the player base that has also played an awful lot over the years. Representative in the way that the Homecoming full mill gave me a full collection with 100,000s of scraps spare. So I can craft the expansions for free, which is awesome!

But now I have no use for ore. I will just save it for the premium weekends. I didn't want to just shout change this, I hate this, blah blah. I came up with an idea. The Gwent team has attached a value to reward points, 1RP is 50Ore, so simply introduce reward points into the quest reward pool. Especially quest that offer around 50ore, if those offered a reward point instead I would care about doing them! I have no interest in doing quests just because they offer nothing that I value and I can't be the only one!

So a change like this would allow those that really enjoy filling out the reward book to engage in that activity more often than just the daily round wins. If I got a quest that offered a reward point to go play arena I would go play arena that day too! Introducing incentives for diversifying gameplay activities will only increase my engagement with the game overall. Which is a good thing no?

Very curious to see what people think. Because currently, the only way I can introduce this gameplay loop is to grind to prestige 4 for the user perk.

Regards from the UK

Hello Gwent team,
Can you please publish all Gwent cards on a single, official website? The site should include all their important properties like standard & premium art, voice lines, provision costs, abilities, etc.

I'm sure people would love to access all the Gwent cards online: For example they can quickly look up a card ability, if they currently can't access Gwent. Or they can get that sick card art as mobile phone background.

I know there are fan-based solutions, but it takes a lot of effort to maintain them, because all the card properties have to be manually extracted from the game. This leads to out-of-date, incomplete or abandoned solutions. If there was an official web-site, the card properties could be extracted automatically from the game files and uploaded there.

Thanks for considering
Euerfeldi

Hello,

Will cards that never see play be tweaked or changed in the near future? Prime example is the sword master card which destroys a resilient unit.

Dear Burza,

1) Is there a monthly-balance-update planned for April?
2) Can you tell us a few cards that are under consideration for balance changes (whenever is the next update coming)?

Thanks and Have a great day!

is the change to the leader banners intentional?

NEW
1554736866634.png

OLD
1554737042362.png

You said you'll try and get a roadmap update with Jason, could you please address the situation with current starter decks and in general improving the new player experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom