GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3945410

Can you say if you're considering any of these 'quality of life' issues?

1) Being able to adjust ambience volume (birds chirping, etc.).
2) Being able to access player profiles by clicking their name on the leaderboard.
3) Being able to hear the sound of players 'Favorite card' when viewing their profile.
4) Being able to listen to card voice lines through the deck builder (perhaps by clicking a speaker icon on the cards).
5) Being able to adjust game board zoom level (I prefer the 'base' zoom level you see at the start and end of the match).

Will there be any new cosmetic items coming to the in-game shop in the future? New boards based on the crimson curse or other parts of the witcher series? Would you ever considering releasing card backs outside of expansions? (I missed the expansion pre-order and just came back to the game so I was late by 2 days :/)

2) Being able to access player profiles by clicking their name on the leaderboard.
3) Being able to hear the sound of players 'Favorite card' when viewing their profile.
4) Being able to listen to card voice lines through the deck builder (perhaps by clicking a speaker icon on the cards).
5) Being able to adjust game board zoom level (I prefer the 'base' zoom level you see at the start and end of the match).

6) Being able to see how trinkets (avatars, borders, titles) have been acquired by a simple cursor hover (or anyhow at all).

Nope, but I'll add it to a list of ideas I'm compiling.

Will there be any new cosmetic items coming to the in-game shop in the future? New boards based on the crimson curse or other parts of the witcher series? Would you ever considering releasing card backs outside of expansions? (I missed the expansion pre-order and just came back to the game so I was late by 2 days :/)

For boards yes, as for cardbacks we'll see :)

Hi Burza,
You said something about a Dev Stream coming soon. Is it going to be this week or next?
We are really excited on news about the NG rework and we want some LEAKS!
Have a great week, Thx!

Hi Burza! Any plans for a Premium keg event before the summer? I know that I and many other veteran players have held back on opening even the kegs we got from Crimson Curse preorders just to wait for a premium event.

Hi Burza,
Are there any plans for rework of certain dwarves? Dwarven archetype is not very popular and cards like Yarpen Zigrin or Barclay Els are not used often.

Hi Burza! Any plans for a Premium keg event before the summer? I know that I and many other veteran players have held back on opening even the kegs we got from Crimson Curse preorders just to wait for a premium event.

Hi!

For now we'll be dropping the premium keg events and are thinking of a different way to let players acquire premium cards. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

Hi!

For now we'll be dropping the premium keg events and are thinking of a different way to let players acquire premium cards. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

Any plans on changing the game's trophies/achievements, then? I don't know about PC, but on console there's one that requires obtaining 150 premium cards. Without premium keg weekends, unlocking that is going to be next to impossible for newer players.
Post automatically merged:

That's why it's called "achievement".

Yeah, no. In the eyes of any reasonable person, achievements are meant to be based on gameplay within the player's control (player skill being the biggie 99.99% of the time).

Achievements based on pure RNG and/or a person spending real world money, though? Those are straight up garbage. Always have been, always will be. Without premium keg weekends or some other way to unlock premiums in a reasonable manner, that's exactly what that achievement will be for newer players.

Edit: I have no idea why my post was forced to merge like this.

Last edited:
Hello there Burza!
Are there any plans to boost Jan Calveit in the upcoming balance patch? Poor guy cries in the corner remembering the good old better days.
Oh and also what about importing the decks from the website into the game? Iirc it was said that it will be available somewhere in the middle of April, but there is no sign of it anywhere

Last edited:
Hi Burza! I'm recently playing Thronebreaker again and notice that the new mulligan system was not introduced. Any plan to make Thronebreaker more consistent with the multiplayer Gwent?

Hi Burza, could you release a list or provide details about the leaders/borders who could be unlocked with each season? I understand Aelirenn is for Season of Elves; how about Warrior, Mage etc?

What are the devs views on f2p players (or new players who are so far behind in terms of collection) and do they expect f2p players to have a complete collection by the time the next expansion is released?

Maybe a month after an expansion would you consider selling 20 guaranteed non-duplicate gold cards for a decent price, so that players can complete their collection faster (so as not to get left behind in their card collection) and not depend on random packs?
It would encourage more f2p players to pay if there was some guaranteed cards to purchase.

What are the devs views on f2p players (or new players who are so far behind in terms of collection) and do they expect f2p players to have a complete collection by the time the next expansion is released?

Maybe a month after an expansion would you consider selling 20 guaranteed non-duplicate gold cards for a decent price, so that players can complete their collection faster (so as not to get left behind in their card collection) and not depend on random packs?
It would encourage more f2p players to pay if there was some guaranteed cards to purchase.

No plans for non-duplicate card sales, we feel and know based on stats, that it's quite easy to get the majority of the cards by F2P players.

Hi Burza!
First of all wanted to give appreciation - CDPR really did a great job on gameplay and diversity of decks👍

I made a Post on reddit about visual effects and its improtance to viewership of the game. I have 3 questions
- are you planning to implement EPIC visual effects (like Regis for example) of some golden cards abilities on mobile version or PC?
- is there plans regarding improving visuals of statuses on cards?
- does “drug and drop” feature improves fluidity/game speed!

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom