GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza
Will there be changes coming to reveal...the only "random" tag that lost its uniqueness and serve only as boost/damage mechnic for the moment?
Would be nice if revealing cards actually matters again (for example permanent reveal like in old gwent, but only reveal the lowest haven't-revealed provision cost cards etc)

Good monring Burza
I want ask something about no unit decks, is CDPR aware that no unit decks is hilarious and not fun to play against it? Can CDPR provide some solution to no unit decks?

Thank you and have a nice day

Hi Burza!
First of all wanted to give appreciation - CDPR really did a great job on gameplay and diversity of decks👍

I made a Post on reddit about visual effects and its improtance to viewership of the game. I have 3 questions
- are you planning to implement EPIC visual effects (like Regis for example) of some golden cards abilities on mobile version or PC?
- is there plans regarding improving visuals of statuses on cards?
- does “drug and drop” feature improves fluidity/game speed!

Thank you

Hi!

- yes,in due time
- we'll see, nothing to share right now
- it makes the game smoother for sure

Hi Burza
Will there be changes coming to reveal...the only "random" tag that lost its uniqueness and serve only as boost/damage mechnic for the moment?
Would be nice if revealing cards actually matters again (for example permanent reveal like in old gwent, but only reveal the lowest haven't-revealed provision cost cards etc)

We'll be changing a couple things with Nilfgaard, but old reveal won't be coming back.

Will you nerf removal in the future?

The game has a lot of potential but sometimes it feels bad when you face only strong removal decks. It just not fun. You play an unit and that unit is dead in the next turn. Take for example Eithné decks, usually players play her with only removal cards... that's not fun to play against. All your units will be dead.

So my question is, will these kind of decks/cards reworked a little bit? maybe to be more expensive in terms of provisions or maybe some of them to do less damage?
Post automatically merged:

Good monring Burza
I want ask something about no unit decks, is CDPR aware that no unit decks is hilarious and not fun to play against it? Can CDPR provide some solution to no unit decks?

Thank you and have a nice day

For me those are the best decks, because when the other player only has units that do a lot of damage, it feels good that they can't hit anything. You do not have units on the board so you're safe. But of course, this kind of decks has their weaknesses too. You need units on the board to have some points so... you know. Bad hand with no units and you lose.

Last edited:
Morning Pawel, I have some questions regarding Xbox Gwent.

- Will we get Mouse and Keyboatd support for the Xbox version (Microsoft has the tools already available to do this)

- With Mobile releasing in the Fall, Does this mean that Xbox will have the ability to have Cross Platform friend matches?

- Non-Xbox Question, Will we ever see the return of leaders as cards on the play board?

Guest 4305932

Are you going to overhaul history? Like adding interactions between card to it (for example if i play a card with lock would like to see what opponent's card it locked in history)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Burza46
1. I would like to petition for a new end of match animation between Usurper and any NR leader: Whenever NR wins, Foltest should walk up to Usurper from behind the scene and suckerpunch him. If the NR leader who won happens to be Foltest himself, he should just walk up from where leaders usually stand, instead of lurking behind.

I know this is simply a matter of when CDPR will see reason. Just tell me that it's soon. :)

2. On a slightly less important note, are there any plans to rework arena or introduce Draft tournaments?

3. I have a feeling someone already asked this, but will there be unique board skins for Arena and Tournaments? Both official and community-made ones.

4. This one is actually important, I think. Is it possible for animations to overlap? As in multiple animations playing at the same time.
Like, say, a player uses their Leader's ability and instead of waiting for the Leader's animation to finish before they can activate anything on the board, they can already start the next animation. Complete overlap would naturally cause chaos, but partial overlap would probably improve both the game's flow and speed.
If it is possible, are there any plans in motion to implement this?

In case it wasn't obvious, my first question was a joke. (pls implement it anyway)

Hello Burza,

I have a couple of questions for you, I hope you can answer most of them ;) :
- Can we expect the Nilfgaard "rework/update" for the next patch ? And what is the scale of the changes (point/provisions tweaks or new/different card abilities to support new/develop archetypes) ? :think:

- Most leaders have great models aside from a few ones. Thinking only about 3 of them in particular: Eldain and Harald who look more like Mr. Generic elf and Mr. Generic skellige warrior and... Svalblod who is just a blob (no offense!). Is there any plan to make these models closer to their amazing 2D arts ? Just looking at Calanthe who have a very detailed face and her Hawk and Dettlaff who have both his human form and his vampire form... I mean they are awesome and these three other leaders I mentionned are clearly not at the same level.

- Can we expect some kind of roadmap in a near future ? No need for it to have dates of course, but just so we know what we can look forward to ?

That's all for me !
I love Crimson Curse and keep up the good work !
Thanks !

Simple question about gameplay:

(Skellige faction)

When you have 10 cards in your hand and you play Birna first, she draws 2 cards, but your hand already have 9 cards... so the last card drawn by Birna is destroyed and you must discard 2 cards from your hand... so after this move, you lose a card (destroyed because your hand had 9 cards) and you lose the card advantage if you won the first round... so your opponent will have the last say because of this.

Is this behavior intentional? or is this an error that has not been fixed since the mulligan update? because the destroyed card acts in the same way as when you had a full hand

Last edited:
Hello.

Balance patches are supposed to be every month. So can we expect the next patch to be deployed sometime next week?

As you know, in Gwent just like in other card games and games in general, you sometimes misplay or make a bad decision or play the wrong card, however currently there is no proper taunt to express that. Now, you might remember that there was a "Dammit" taunt back in Beta. Is there any chance that this type of taunt might return in the future, or maybe you add more taunts in general?

Thank you for your answer, I hope you are having a nice day! :cool:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hello Burza (or whoever answers this,) I have a question regarding locked units being resurrected from the graveyard. So a couple of weeks ago, I used Renew on Windhalm of Attre during Round 3 who was locked in Round 1. I expected the lock to be removed from him since that was always the way things worked. Since the Crimson Curse update, locks in graveyards have been behaving real strange. I was just wondering if this is intended or some kind of glitch? Thank you.

Hello,

I have a question about time management during a match.

The current situation is that you have a limit amount of time to play each card. This time is reinitialized per turn.

In order to have more dynamic matchs, would it be possible to have a total limit of time per round (or per match) ? Like during chess game. Each time elapsed during a turn would be removed from the total time.

It would avoid player waiting the total time per turn (which is suite annoying)

Thanks !

B.

Hello, Mr. Burza,
1) Can you say CDPR position about concedes in general or/and in casuial mode?
Especially about situation in this post:
For example, I have a quest "Play 10 games at any mode". I already played 4 games and don't have enought time to complete all 10 today, or I want get reward faster so I go to casual and "play-concede" 6 games. Will I be banned?
2) Does GWENT Team have any roadmap about count of expansions this year? How many expansions should we expect per year? More than 3 or less? :)

A question for everyone Really. I Love gwent but my fun with the game constantly turns to frustation whenever I face a Person running an Artifact Deck. The way I see it, Artifact Decks are ONLY countered with artifact decks and hope you get the RNG coin flip.
It's terrible Game design in my opinion that you MUST use artifact deck just incase you come accross another player using it, otherwise you end up getting rolled. I don't use, personally I find it dirty to use, it is no fun [...].

Basically I'm just wondering if CDPR have any plans for acknoledgin the problem, because judging by streamers I watch (Swim, Pumpkin, Freddy are a few) the artifact deck is a lame meme at this point, and has literally driven me away from the game (I ONLY watch streamers play it now).

Thanks for reading. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom