GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

just wanted to ask, do you guys have any plans to make low-scale tournaments once a month or so. Idk would there be enough people interested for those (10/20 euros entry and top heavy prizes), and how viable is it to you to pay out cash prizes anyhow?
Just wondering since tournaments like those are the stuff I look most forward to in TCG/CCGs.

why change the game that much? i start with beta in 2018 and the game right now is a downgrade almost all of the card effect are nerfed or sucks. the map looks weird and the leader stuff well… bettter put the card image again. I can't undestand why change something good for this.

why change the game that much? i start with beta in 2018 and the game right now is a downgrade almost all of the card effect are nerfed or sucks. the map looks weird and the leader stuff well… bettter put the card image again. I can't undestand why change something good for this.

We weren't happy with GWENT's direction, that's why we introduced project Homecoming to revamp everything from gameplay to visuals. The game is now being updated on a monthly basis and we've just launched the first expansion - Crimson Curse! We're happy with the direction in which we're going right now and won't be going back to the previous version.

Hello,

just wanted to ask, do you guys have any plans to make low-scale tournaments once a month or so. Idk would there be enough people interested for those (10/20 euros entry and top heavy prizes), and how viable is it to you to pay out cash prizes anyhow?
Just wondering since tournaments like those are the stuff I look most forward to in TCG/CCGs.

Not planned right now.

A question for everyone Really. I Love gwent but my fun with the game constantly turns to frustation whenever I face a Person running an Artifact Deck. The way I see it, Artifact Decks are ONLY countered with artifact decks and hope you get the RNG coin flip.
It's terrible Game design in my opinion that you MUST use artifact deck just incase you come accross another player using it, otherwise you end up getting rolled. I don't use, personally I find it dirty to use, it is no fun.

Basically I'm just wondering if CDPR have any plans for acknoledgin the problem, because judging by streamers I watch (Swim, Pumpkin, Freddy are a few) the artifact deck is a lame meme at this point, and has literally driven me away from the game (I ONLY watch streamers play it now).

Thanks for reading. X

We're looking into it.

Hello, Mr. Burza,
1) Can you say CDPR position about concedes in general or/and in casuial mode?
Especially about situation in this post:
For example, I have a quest "Play 10 games at any mode". I already played 4 games and don't have enought time to complete all 10 today, or I want get reward faster so I go to casual and "play-concede" 6 games. Will I be banned?
2) Does GWENT Team have any roadmap about count of expansions this year? How many expansions should we expect per year? More than 3 or less? :)

Conceding multiple game is considered XP farming, we advise against it. If you concede a given number of games your account will be automatically suspended.

Roadmap is coming, most likely with the patch stream, but we'll talk more about that later.

Hi
Console peasant here !:)
Last patch i saw no performance improvement on my ps4 when it comes to a lot o premiums on the board , the game fps suffers a lot and i dont see any reason to craft premiums because i cant use them. :( i want to use my premium colection but not like this ... Any improvements commin next patch??? Please dont forget console players :/

Conceding multiple game is considered XP farming, we advise against it. If you concede a given number of games your account will be automatically suspended.

Dear Burza, the reddit user mentioned there says that he received a "permanent ban" of his account for XP farming, without any prior automatic suspension. I believe the community is grateful that CDPR is taking a strong stand against exploits, but can I ask for mercy for this user, and to suspend him first before a permanent ban. This seems to be what the majority of people on Reddit thought in response to his post, though it could of course be that we have gotten only partial info of what the player did. Based on what we know a suspension and setting his account XP and reward points lower would be a sufficient punishment for the player's foolishness, and would probably deter the player from further similar behavior. (No, it's not my account :). )

Hi Burza!
Thanks for being an awesome and interactive community manager! it makes me feel like CDPR really strides for a thriving community. As for my question, with summer just around the corner are you guys considering doing another general exp event like you did for the winter season? Thanks again for an amazing game :)

Guest 4157120

I would like to ask if we would get in the future:

1) Choose random for:
a) Card back
b) Board
c) Leader skin

I know that it isn't priority right now but in the future it would be really cool to see different card backs each game and with more card backs I think it would be Quality of Life feature for sure.

2) Would it be possible to see full boards in the game not just my own & opponent's board? I know that James answer this question that they like how it works but I tried to like this feature and in current Gwent (3D boards) I think it just hurts the game more than helps. Especially when they are sometimes just too different e.g. Year of the Wild Boar board + everything else.

3) Why is Arachas Queen 3D's model misleading/wrong? Are you planning to rework her in the future? Her current 3D model is Arachas Behemoth.

4) Are you planning to rework Summoning Circle? That card is not being played that much because it can't do anything for first 4 turns (to gain 4 charges to play 4 provision card). I think that type of Artifact is wrong and that it should be totally changed to something different.

Hello Burza,

Was removing the "Spell" tag from Bekker's Rockslide intentional?
It was a spell before HC and its counterparts (Bekker's Dark Mirror, Alzur's Double-Cross, Merigold's Hailstorm etc.) are still spells. Would be fun to use the card in a mage deck with Keira Metz, can you guys please look into this?

Thanks! :)

Guest 4344268

Hi Burza,

This has already come up, but will you guys consider banning "no-unit" decks from ladder and continue phasing out immunity in favour of armour/shields?

Dear Burza, the reddit user mentioned there says that he received a "permanent ban" of his account for XP farming, without any prior automatic suspension. I believe the community is grateful that CDPR is taking a strong stand against exploits, but can I ask for mercy for this user, and to suspend him first before a permanent ban. This seems to be what the majority of people on Reddit thought in response to his post, though it could of course be that we have gotten only partial info of what the player did. Based on what we know a suspension and setting his account XP and reward points lower would be a sufficient punishment for the player's foolishness, and would probably deter the player from further similar behavior. (No, it's not my account :). )

Sorry we cannot simply because he repeated this behavior on 21 separate days with at least 150 games forfeited each day (or 33 days with at least 100 games). This type of behavior is not acceptable. Just to clarify, we normally don't perma-ban unless the offence is severe and in this case it was.

Guest 4157120

Can we see in the future something like: Reward points transformation?
Where people would be able to transform reward points for Ore/Scraps/Meteor Powder?

Right now 1 reward point stands for: 50 ORE or 40 SCRAPS or 30 METEOR POWDER. (You would only be able to choose 1)

It would be really cool to see something like that in the future especially when people would be reaching point where they would have unlocked everything and would like to change some rewards points to: Ore/Scraps/Meteor Powder especially after Expansions hits.

+ It is much easier to implement than adding new Trees :) Especially for long run.

Hi Pawel,

Gwent community definitely needs OFFICIAL WRITTEN rules on this and alike subjects. Like I can understand the guy that has time only for 4 games a day or even 8 games a week (my case). It's nowhere near "farming". If written rules are settled, no idiot one will farm 3300 games. Written law is why Poland or any other EU country is not a failed state.

Hi Burza,

My question is about that:

"Santey_ said:
Hello, Mr. Burza,
1) Can you say CDPR position about concedes in general or/and in casuial mode?
Especially about situation in this post:
Spoiler: reddit link
For example, I have a quest "Play 10 games at any mode". I already played 4 games and don't have enought time to complete all 10 today, or I want get reward faster so I go to casual and "play-concede" 6 games. Will I be banned?"

Is it considered to change "play 10 games at any mode" for "win 5/6/7 rounds at any mode"? Is a possible solution for that. Is easy to win at least 1 round in a match, but you need to play and use time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom