GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Burza. I have a question, will you change the weather in bronze weather into something that does not deal damage? For example, fog reduces the range to zero, the frost does not allow to use orders. Rain makes it impossible to boost units.
And will there be more weather dependent units such as the Alps?

Hi, Burza. I have a question, will you change the weather in bronze weather into something that does not deal damage? For example, fog reduces the range to zero, the frost does not allow to use orders. Rain makes it impossible to boost units.
And will there be more weather dependent units such as the Alps?

We might do some changes in the future :)

Dear Burza,

Fantastic stream yesterday and a lot of new exciting things to come to Gwent. Thanks for the roadmap and the demo.

But my question is something personal. I know I am panicking unnecessarily and I am only imagining things. But is everything all right with our dear Jason? He looked very differently and kind of tired and I even felt that you and Ostrowski were very tied and kind of sad. I felt that the usual spark was kind of missing in the stream. The fact that Jason's road map review was video played and he didn't join the stream was odd.

Even though I may whine about the balance issues, I always wish the best for the team and the game. I sincerely hope everything is all right and well in the HQ.

Thanks,
RRC.

Dear Burza,

Fantastic stream yesterday and a lot of new exciting things to come to Gwent. Thanks for the roadmap and the demo.

But my question is something personal. I know I am panicking unnecessarily and I am only imagining things. But is everything all right with our dear Jason? He looked very differently and kind of tired and I even felt that you and Ostrowski were very tied and kind of sad. I felt that the usual spark was kind of missing in the stream. The fact that Jason's road map review was video played and he didn't join the stream was odd.

Even though I may whine about the balance issues, I always wish the best for the team and the game. I sincerely hope everything is all right and well in the HQ.

Thanks,
RRC.

All is good, we're all just busy with personal stuff, which makes us sleep less, won't be going into details regarding the guys, but for me it's getting up at 5am and training :)

Last edited:
Why is boosting immune unit in hand still a thing? Would you change Woodland to not boost immune units or boost units on board only?

Guest 4344268

Hi Burza,

Could you tell us a little bit about how card draws are determined? For example, is it 100% randomized or are there certain parameters/conditions (e.g., cards weighted differently and so more or less likely to be drawn)?

I'm not looking for any technical info about how the algorithm works or anything, but I find that I often draw into more golds if I've been getting my a$$ kicked, whereas the draws tend to be worse when I'm on a (rare) win streak...

Is there anything to this or is it just another paranoid self-fulfilling prophecy? In other words, are the Gwent gods merciful gods or vengeful gods?

P.S. Thanks to you and everyone on the team for all that you guys do. The game seems to be getting better and better.

Hi Burza,

Just some minor SK things.
1. Why didn't you put the "warrior" tag on Blueboy Lugos this patch?
2. Are there any plans on bringing back Gremist to deploy instead of order?

Any plans on nerfing Gimpy Gerwin in the future, so that he can only damage 3 copies of a unit at max?

Gimpy cancels many interesting Swam-decks that never see play just because of this card. Most of the satisfying combos include Pavetta+Bluestripes carryover in round 3 + Draug. I'm sure that developers over a longer horizon think of adding more swam decks into the game. Devs also have to consider Swam-decks, no matter their shapes or sizes, will never see the light of day if Gimpy doesn't get a slight change.

Hi Burza, hope you and the team are fine, you all are doing a great job with the game <3

Im a closed beta player so this mean i've no problem with resources (except maybe meteoric powder).

Last month a friend of mine started playing Gwent again and it seems its starting to click. That said because we play a lot of friendly matches he's a bit short on scraps/cards, so i decided to buy him some kegs only to discover that is not possible via GOG. Can we have some insight from devs about this please?

Bonus question: during the devstream nothing was said about the spectator mode; personally it's a feature i would like to see asap. It would be awesome if some detail could be shared here.

Thanks again in advance, keep up with the good work :)

Now with the Ng cards being on full mill value FOR 3 DAYS AFTER PATCH RELEASE (edit: included this in case ppl think it’s permanent) , is it against any TnCs if I craft, transmute and mill NG cards repeatedly to complete the “Is it snowing” and transmute quest? (Don’t want to get banned lolol)

Last edited:
Since Reveal is much rarer now, any plans to reduce the requirements on the "Reveal a card X times" contracts?
Perhaps from 10/100/500/1000 to 10/50/250/500, like the Purify ones?

A few questions.
1) Will the base model of Movran or Ardal be changed? From the back they are very similar. Can change the position?
2) Will there be added cards that work according to the Shup princes?
3) When to wait for the next addition? Summer? In the fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom