GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pawel!

I think with the recent few patches, Deathwish and Unseen Elder in particular has been steadily declining in his effectiveness and viability as a leader. I figured that Deathwish would get some love from the CC expansion because of its theme but it doesn't seem to be so. Does the team have anything in store for him in the coming patches?

I realise that i asked about spectator mode about 2-3 month's ago and i was told that you are not going to implement it in Home Coming. But now, when 3 month's have gone, can you say sth about it? It is really necessary to ordinary people to know is this function creating now or will it even be added later. I am really interested so much and would be grateful to hear from you about it^^ I am really not sure that this kind of information should be hidden, also i have to say that all of us love CDPR for your openness. Excuse me for my English and irritated (a bit) text, because, it sesems to be a moment when i can't keep silence anymore (lol)

Last edited:
I'm a competitive player just moved to Gwent. I heard that these two seasons are the last one that counts for this year Masters. Is there any schedule for the next circuit so new player like me can compete from the beginning? Or CPs are kept for next year's circuit?

Question: Regarding the upcoming mobile version. Will Xbox players also be able to play with their current account on iphone and/or android?
I would like to know this in advance, because I am exicited for the mobilie version, but if it will be pc only I would rather switch now, if account transfer remains impossible.

Kind regards,

Storm-of-Steel

Would you consider adding autopass checkbox "save leader's ability until 1 card left in hand"? This would save some time avoiding clicking pass every turn for leaders with single-use ability (Calveit, Anna, Adda, etc.). Checkbox could be placed under the leader model and has a hover tooltip

Hi, interesting idea, but we're not planning on adding such feature.

Considering that smaller e-sports events for this Gwent Masters season have been over for a while, when will we get information about the upcoming events (Challenger and World Masters)?
Also since many competitive players don't really have much to aim for right now, when will we get information about a (potential) Season 2 as well as any changes it might bring?

We're working on it, more details soon.

Hello Pawel and congrats on starting your career as a model :) I really want to ask this (again) since somehow I got a fixation on this. Do you guys plan to add the Young Sabbath Crones as cards in the future? Thanks!

Hi! Not in the near future :)

Hi, Pawel. What's up?

Do CDPR plan an integration between GOG accounts and console? That would be so fuc**** good. It's so crap not to be able to progress with the same account on both platforms.

Really hope you do that. Cheers.

Hi! Everything's good, how are you?

These are things, which are not only dependent on us, for now I don't see this happening.

I'm a competitive player just moved to Gwent. I heard that these two seasons are the last one that counts for this year Masters. Is there any schedule for the next circuit so new player like me can compete from the beginning? Or CPs are kept for next year's circuit?

We;re working out the details for season 2, we'll let you know once it's finalized.

Question: Regarding the upcoming mobile version. Will Xbox players also be able to play with their current account on iphone and/or android?
I would like to know this in advance, because I am exicited for the mobilie version, but if it will be pc only I would rather switch now, if account transfer remains impossible.

Kind regards,

Storm-of-Steel

Hi! It's too soon to say how this will work.

Guest 3960920

Hello Burza,
Please can you with your colleges consider changing arena mechanics. Because it's a chaos in there. Playing in ranked you can play around - knowing what your opponent plays (faction/units/spells etc.).
In arena you can't. Literally.
All you can do is to use long/short round strategy knowing what are your finisher and what yours/opponent leader does. That's it.
From my perspective Gwent is about strategy ( and % of card replacement) and not rng. But in arena you can't - the faction restriction will solve this issue by selection leader first and then draw selected faction + natural cards. And to addition set amount of rarity cards which each player will get - this will solve "people rage quitting games" because one of the opponent have insane quality cards compared to yours.

Hello,

Players are still pulling their connections in order to generate a draw on games they are going to lose. Do you know if the team has a solution to this issue yet?

Hello!

What does CDPR do to counteract metas where there are only 1 or 2 tier 1 decks? I think if the playerbase had a better idea of how CDPR conducts internal QA/balance testing it would likely help with some of the frustration.

And to that end would CDPR consider a weekly balance blog?

Hi Mr. Burza! I hope everything is going well for you and the Gwent Team!

Just a rather trivial question: are you guys planning to make linking GOG account to PS4 possible for Gwent deck catalogue and other stuff? If not, will PS4 players be able to add PC players as friends and have friendly matches with them in the near future? Thank you very much!

Hi, Burza. I have reached pro ladder for the second time. However, I'm still concerned with the same question as when I first reached the pro ladder two months ago.
I can climb the ladder with my best deck. But with the ascent in the ladder and the rise of level, when changed to less competitive decks, it is hardly possible to win a single match. I am not fond of copying net decks and spending all my resources for the temporary meta decks. Besides, I don't have the bonus resources of old players to acquire all the collection, which enables them to switch between monthly-changing meta with ease.
I was hoping to find some decent match making for less competitive out-of-meta decks in casual mode. Alas, the casual mode is still a mess. The decks there are not very different from those in ranked mode which is loaded with all kinds of in-meta golden cards. The game experience for out-of-meta decks is simply frustrating, if not irritating since you know that you can win the match with your other more competitive decks.
So my question is as follows:
1. Do you abandon the optimization of match-making for causual mode to make it truly casual and fun for out-of-meta decks?
2. Is it technologically unfeasible to achievable match-making based on the strength of decks?
As a rough example, the strength of a deck can be calculated based on the proportion of golden cards to the total provision cost of the leader. In-meta golden cards may add some addtional value while out-of-meta golden cards take some minus to their basic provision cost when calculated.

Hi Pawel, thanks for the last response, I guess you're saying there's a chance :)

I want to ask if the question of having both leaders at coinflip say their lines has come up. In old Gwent you could have some funny interactions. My fav was Francesca vs Radovid: "My folk have suffered much!" - "It is how I punish those who irritate me!". Or Adda vs Bran, "What is it I fancy today?" - "Me, or Me! hahaha". Or Bran vs Bran (Let's drink! / Of course friend!). This is something cool that sadly disappeared.
And now with Dana saying "Bleat!" and others ("You should have killed me when you had the chance!"), the possibilities are endless. How's this sound? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom