GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza,
Please can you with your colleges consider changing arena mechanics. Because it's a chaos in there. Playing in ranked you can play around - knowing what your opponent plays (faction/units/spells etc.).
In arena you can't. Literally.
All you can do is to use long/short round strategy knowing what are your finisher and what yours/opponent leader does. That's it.
From my perspective Gwent is about strategy ( and % of card replacement) and not rng. But in arena you can't - the faction restriction will solve this issue by selection leader first and then draw selected faction + natural cards. And to addition set amount of rarity cards which each player will get - this will solve "people rage quitting games" because one of the opponent have insane quality cards compared to yours.

The initial idea for arena is to be a draft, it's supposed to be chaotic, but we'll be looking into the mode overall

Cheers!

Hi Mr. Burza! I hope everything is going well for you and the Gwent Team!

Just a rather trivial question: are you guys planning to make linking GOG account to PS4 possible for Gwent deck catalogue and other stuff? If not, will PS4 players be able to add PC players as friends and have friendly matches with them in the near future? Thank you very much!

This is something, which doesn't solely depend on us, It won't be that easy I'm afraid.

Hi Burza,
It's late May already! May I ask are you expecting the Challenger in June?
Will we be able to get some juicy leeks about the next expansion or the mobile Gwent at that time?
Thx! Have a nice week!

Hi Burza,
It's late May already! May I ask are you expecting the Challenger in June?
Will we be able to get some juicy leeks about the next expansion or the mobile Gwent at that time?
Thx! Have a nice week!

Hi!

Once we have the final date we'll share on our e-sports channels.

Cheers!

Hello Burza and team CDPR,

I believe there was a reply by you on this forum a month or two ago about there being no more premium keg weekends. I am uncertain if it was just a plan for the time being or an indefinite change. I humbly ask if it would be possible to host one last instance of premium keg weekend as it was never announced officially before the last one? For eg, other long term changes such as no full mill value or no more scrap to premium conversions were announced before they were made final, which are totally understandable decisions and were announced first. I am in no way suggesting there there should be premium keg weekends indefinitely but humbly request one last premium weekend as a final sendoff for that event. Love all the Witcher universe games and sincerely thank you for taking the time to consider this post.

Hello Burza and team CDPR,

I believe there was a reply by you on this forum a month or two ago about there being no more premium keg weekends. I am uncertain if it was just a plan for the time being or an indefinite change. I humbly ask if it would be possible to host one last instance of premium keg weekend as it was never announced officially before the last one? For eg, other long term changes such as no full mill value or no more scrap to premium conversions were announced before they were made final, which are totally understandable decisions and were announced first. I am in no way suggesting there there should be premium keg weekends indefinitely but humbly request one last premium weekend as a final sendoff for that event. Love all the Witcher universe games and sincerely thank you for taking the time to consider this post.

Hi! For now we don't plan a return to the event, but we'll see what the future holds.

Hello, hope you are having a nice day!
Since the new patch is probably coming next week, when will we get some information on what it might contain in terms of balance, changes and maybe new features?

Hello Burza and everyone from CDPR.

Any news or update on the solution for unitless/special/artifact decks? It seems like more players are now using these type of decks and every time I play, I see a new variant.

Why didnt you made 2 games or a classical mode out of the BETA and Final game ?

I liked the closed beta game mode and gameplay more than the actual complicated thing.

Why didnt you made 2 games or a classical mode out of the BETA and Final game ?

I liked the closed beta game mode and gameplay more than the actual complicated thing.

We wanted to revamp the game since we weren't happy with it before Homecoming. For now, we won't be going back to the beta version of GWENT.

What can we expect from GOG 2.0 for Gwent?

Will it be possible to have cross-platform friend matches?

Will it be possible to get Gwent rewards from steam (or, sounds crazy, from consoles) version of Thronebreaker on gog?

The music in Gwent after Homecoming is great, but is the addition of new or old songs on the horizon? Right now there's only one track for each faction.

I've been playing through Thronebreaker (which is a fantastic game by the way) and I can give some suggestions as to what would be great inclusions if you don't want new music composed for Gwent. The remastered version of one of the Scoia'Tael themes in the beta and Eldain's theme would be thrilling when facing ST. Lair of the Beast and Claws and Scales for Monsters, and The Bloody Mistress when you're playing as or against Gernichora. If you're feeling extra spicy, you could have Retribution play in round 3 when facing Nilfgaard as Meve.

The Mighty Jarl of Skellige is still the best song that Gwent has ever had in my opinion. I miss it. Thank you for reading.

I'm literally waiting over 5 minutes on average for a casual match on gwent. Some times even after 5 minutes I just get an error saying "there was an error connecting with one of our services. But fear not - chances are we're already fixing it". The queue stops after this error and I have to re-queue up. Can you please fix this? I'm pretty sure there's a hidden mmr system and I'm pretty sure mine is very low so finding a match is taking forever at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom