GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What can we expect from GOG 2.0 for Gwent?

Will it be possible to have cross-platform friend matches?

Will it be possible to get Gwent rewards from steam (or, sounds crazy, from consoles) version of Thronebreaker on gog?

Cross-platform won't work, same goes for one account across platforms. Think of Galaxy 2.0 as a library and social platform where you store all of your games and talk with your friends.

i am starting to warm up to homecoming, but what i really am struggling to adjust to are the 3D leaders. I wish leaders would have stayed as before, any chance that there might be an option to have the card version instead in future?

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't plan to go back depicting leaders as cards.

Cheers!

I'm literally waiting over 5 minutes on average for a casual match on gwent. Some times even after 5 minutes I just get an error saying "there was an error connecting with one of our services. But fear not - chances are we're already fixing it". The queue stops after this error and I have to re-queue up. Can you please fix this? I'm pretty sure there's a hidden mmr system and I'm pretty sure mine is very low so finding a match is taking forever at the moment.

Please hit up support for assistance!

Hi burza

I wanted to ask about the regular (non pro) ladder standings purpose. It seems that your standing doesn't affect anything - no promotions, no end of season bonuses etc...
Is there something planned for the amateur ladder standings at some point?
I admit i alredy asked this in mid February but didn't really get an answer, so i appologize in advance for repost, but i would really like to know.
Thanks in advance

Hi, Burza.

It's been nearly two months since the release of CC. I have noticed that the card collection progress in profile panel still missed CC set progress. Besides, the total collection of each faction and neutral remains unchanged with all those CC cards added. I think there are also some minor mistakes when counting cards you own.

Do you have any plans to fix this in the future?

Many thanks.

Wasnt there going to be a dev stream today? I know it wasnt confirmed, but is it still planned for today or later this week?

We wanted to revamp the game since we weren't happy with it before Homecoming. For now, we won't be going back to the beta version of GWENT.

Hmm but i think a lot ppl. like the old more than the actual gameplay.
Isnt it a option to add a classical mode to the game ? Like the Season game mode ?

Moderator's note: removed suggestion and implied question.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I activate premiums only by hovering over them, please make it so that the leaders don't have a premium animation. It has caused my game to crash multiple times already. I am on PS4, where Gwent performance has always been worse than on PC.
Post automatically merged:

Cross-platform won't work, same goes for one account across platforms.
Never? I want to switch from PS4 to PC because PS4 can't handle Gwent. Or will PS4 performance ever be improved?

Last edited:
regarding new starter decks

how will you execute the new starter deck change regarding missing cards and duplicates for old players?

will we get cards we are missing?

regarding new starter decks

how will you execute the new starter deck change regarding missing cards and duplicates for old players?

will we get cards we are missing?

This is how the decks are given to players:

• Accounts which sign up after Patch 2.2 will be taken through the FTUX workflow and will be assigned starter decks accordingly.

• Accounts which played at least 1 online game after Patch 1.0 ("post-HC") see no changes.

• Accounts which played 0 online games after Patch 1.0 ("post-HC") have the old starter decks and all cards that constitute those starter decks REMOVED from their collection. Then, all of the new starter deck cards will be added (in card collection), and all of the new starter decks will be added (in deck selection).

Last edited:
Yes, you will get the missing cards, plus the old starter cards will become millable, while the new starters will become un-millable.

Thank you for the reply, and thank you Gwent for being so generous in giving us these cards.

Will EXTRA copies of base set cards be millable? Or transmutable?
Example: If I own Sweers, I'll have 2 tomorrow, who will now be in the "Starter set". Will I just have an awkward 2 sweers stuck in my deck? Or will the mill button clean it up for us.

Even though there was less variety of cards in Beta Gwent, HC feels more monotonous, because every deck does 1 thing - damage/kill enemy units.

Are you guys planning on battling this with cards the interact more with your board and help you build your army? and with cards with effects other than damage your opponents cards?

Thank you for the reply, and thank you Gwent for being so generous in giving us these cards.

Will EXTRA copies of base set cards be millable? Or transmutable?
Example: If I own Sweers, I'll have 2 tomorrow, who will now be in the "Starter set". Will I just have an awkward 2 sweers stuck in my deck? Or will the mill button clean it up for us.

Actually this doesn't apply to users who are actively playing after Homecoming, see my updated post.

Actually this doesn't apply to users who are actively playing after Homecoming, see my updated post.

What will happen to possibility of crafting premium versions of cards which are new additions in starter decks (like Sweers, Milaen or Pavko Gale)?

Will we still be able to craft premium versions of these cards after update or this possibility will be blocked like it is now for all current starter deck cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom