GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Paweł!

Would you kindly explain to us why there has been some changes in premium versions of cards as of late, such like Ves, Fringilla and Treason? Is the simplification/cutting out certain aspects of these versions solely and exclusively to make importing Gwent on mobiles better and smoother? Or is it because you guys have taken a new censorship policies? On behalf of most of the fanbase, humbly ask you to settle this matter in the most transparent, honest way - we as players simply don't know whether we should fear about the game slowly becoming sanitized, or it's temporal solution to improve mobile performance, and that with time, the "technology" will return?

Cheers!

Hi Burza!

First off, love 3.1. I like the direction of buffing rather then nerfing. Bronzes matter again.

Couple questions:

- Why do pings vary so much in animation time? With thoughts on mobile, can’t they all be linked through coding with an overall timer?

- Haunting since OB; Is it possible to fix the card collection counter?

- Is the (g)old(en) coin, with sound, coming back? :sad:

- More of a suggestion; Maybe give Reward book it’s own card in main UI. Lose the quick menu, reserve it for news (like it is now). And display daily crowns and quests permanent in bottom of screen. (As seen in MTGA, other then that, your game is way better ;))

Thanks for the read, and keep up the good work. You’re the best! :cool:

Can we expect a kind of "hotfix" in the middle of the month or are you postponing the Foltest and Dijkstra nerfs until the next patch at the end of the month?

Now that most of the things since the last roadmap update have happened, do we have an ETA on when we might get more information on what else is coming in the near and far future for Gwent? Thanks! :D

Do you have the win lose records from previous seasons saved somewhere? If so, will you make them available on the playgwent.com leaderboards?

Foreword: before you straight dismiss the question/idea by seeing premium kegs mentioned, I'd like you to read the last paragraph before jumping into any conclusions.

Would you consider bringing partially back the "old" premium keg weekends by having a limit on the premium kegs obtainable with ore, with having the current model IAP kegs available still at the same time on the side?

I.e. premium kegs with ore would be their own store item with an availability amount (let's say shop inventory of 5 or 10 premium kegs purchasable with ore during the weekend, the inventory counter decreasing by one for each keg bought), with additionally probably the ore cost per keg could also be adjusted to be higher than the one of regular kegs. This would give a slight leverage to gain premiums and thus encourage follow-up real currency spend on meteorite powder and keg IAP:s (after all you're looking for a business impact from a change, not doing just charity), but at the same time this implementation would circumvent the issue of people hoarding kegs or ore for premium weekends and thus bloating the in-game economy with premiums.

Last edited:
Hello,

Are 0-3 provision cards being planned? The collection filter says 0-4 not just 4. I've been thinking that decks similar to old Foltest 40 might be viable with many small cards that do some tutoring.

Also, have you thought about a Succubus Monster leader? With boots or something so she doesn't look hairy :)

Thanks and have a nice day!

Greetings,
Will it be possible to fulfill contracts in friendly matches? Opponents in seasonal mode or in unranked games do not care that you are trying to fulfill a contract for "5 statuses per unit"
I'm talking about contracts related to a specific situation, not about contracts like "Activate deathwish X times"

Why does Sigismund Dijkstra's Reward Tree consist of only one lore chest? Every other leader, no matter how precisely described in the source material, has four lore scrolls and three lore chests. I can't believe you weren't able to write enough info on DJ considering how prominent he is in novels and games, (one of the longest character bios on the wiki!) so I won't ask why does he lack of lore - I simply assume the reason is the same as in case of lack of his mastery contract or premiums last month - a lot of work in haste to meet the deadlines. What I want to ask instead, is are you planning to give him the rest of lore nodes so that he has the same amount of them as every other leader? I feel cheated when after careful collectioning of Reward Points I have no use for them because one leader has less content than every other in the game.

Greetings,
Will it be possible to fulfill contracts in friendly matches? Opponents in seasonal mode or in unranked games do not care that you are trying to fulfill a contract for "5 statuses per unit"
I'm talking about contracts related to a specific situation, not about contracts like "Activate deathwish X times"

For now we don't plan to have that option.

Hello! ɾ⚈▿⚈ɹ

Do you plan on making a Switch version of Gwent now that Wiedźmin 3 is coming out on the Nintendo console?
It'd be amazing to play Gwent on Switch, please make it happen! : )

Also may I know how is the Android version doing? (*^▽^)/

Last edited:
Hi Burza!

Can we expect the next patch to focus on improving the power/identity of another faction or will it focus more on balancing some of the more daunting cards in the game? As always, thanks for everything you do and for being an interactive community manager! <3

1) Dear developers, what is the current philosophy with regards to balancing 'OP' leaders, in the presence of Usurper?

Mods, please let me explain my vague question.

Developers have introduced a powerful tool to balance the leaders: Provisions. Whenever a leader gets his provisions nerfed to 160, like the case with Gernichora, the more favourable matches become for Usurper. This implies that any future attempt to balance leaders such as Foltest or DJ, or Meve, by reducing their provisions, basically makes the leaders unplayable. Because, whenever these leaders continue to see play, the more Usurpers will join the meta, as these leader dependent decks, become easy pray.

In short it seems as if having an anti-meta leader such as Usurper, actually induces less variety than we otherwise would see, as Usurper already prays on AQ, Demavend, control-Eithne, Crach, Dettlaff. Incredible that a single leader has so many favourable matchups.

Hence this leads me to the final question:

2) What is the developers philosophy on variety of playable leaders, in presence of Usurper ?

Last edited:
Hello Burza!
Are you guys planning to somehow change the algorithms for determining the blue / red coin? I'm really tired of situations when I have blue coin 8-10 times in a row.
Thank you!

Hello,

Will Dijkstra be getting the contract to win 100 matches with the said leader, like all the other leaders have?

Additionally, what is the reasoning for him not having the contract since he was released (and potentially not adding one)?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom