GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

in the following patches Is there gonna be a way so we can see End turn button and scores/points in the left side of the board instead of only right that we have now?

Brief question, but the leaders and some Thronebreaker models were made by a seperate studio for the launch of Homecoming. Is it still the case, or have all models since then been made at CDPR?

Also, when can we expect some updates to the Gwent Library? It'd be nice to have functionality to create/edit decks on it outside of the game :D

Last edited:
Its pretty near the end of the month, can you let us know when an update might be coming? I for one am very curious about how the updating and reworking of the other 4 factions will be handled, if their going to get the NR treatment or if they will more just be tuned up to be a bit more competitive, but remain largely the same.

I feel like theirs a few archetypes that could use work like Monsters '"If you have fewer unit's then your opponent then X happens/the side with more units has X happen to it" which frankly has never really been all that good and could use a second pass or just a straight up reworking into something else. Plus Poison which feels like its got enough going on that it SHOULD be a thing, but is not really supported enough to actually be a thing.

Anyway I am sure whatever your all up to will be wonderful... Just would be good to have an idea when the rest of us might hear about it.

Its pretty near the end of the month, can you let us know when an update might be coming? I for one am very curious about how the updating and reworking of the other 4 factions will be handled, if their going to get the NR treatment or if they will more just be tuned up to be a bit more competitive, but remain largely the same.

I feel like theirs a few archetypes that could use work like Monsters '"If you have fewer unit's then your opponent then X happens/the side with more units has X happen to it" which frankly has never really been all that good and could use a second pass or just a straight up reworking into something else. Plus Poison which feels like its got enough going on that it SHOULD be a thing, but is not really supported enough to actually be a thing.

Anyway I am sure whatever your all up to will be wonderful... Just would be good to have an idea when the rest of us might hear about it.

There will be a video and patchnotes coming out today :)

Hello Pawel,

Regarding the abilities being decoupled from leaders, have you thought about just making some leaders swap them, or in the future, add extra abilities to certain leaders only? You avoid awkwardness while also gaining some flexibility, no pressure to create a ton of new 3D models. Like Arnjolf's ability on Crach, would Crach spawn Arnie or Crach himself (That's not a bad idea actually)? Also, leader challenges become meaningless in this situation and leaders lose their identity/flavor.

So for example Elder and Detlaff can trade places, maybe Dana and Francesca, or add some new abilities to others in future expos, How does this sound?

Please don't move this to the suggestion thread. Any question is a bit of a suggestion and the other way around. Thanks

Best Regards

Hello Mr. Burza, I would like to play full bounty archetype, but with nerf to bounties, it seemes difficult. Would it be possible to have a bounty leader ability, for example Whoreson's Jr., whose passive ability would increases the amount of active bounties by 1?

Thank you for reply and have a nice day :)

Last edited:
Hello, Paweł!

I've heard about the changes you're planning to immplement to leaders in the future and wanted to ask, if all that you said is a subject to change or is it already 100% happening? And if it is going to happen, I'm wondering if there will be an option to turn it off (so that I won't have to see my opponent spawning arachas drones with Eredin)? I'm really worried about these changes and how they will make leaders less flavourful and many people also share my concerns. I understand how it makes it easier for devs, so maybe keep the current abilities tied to only 1 leader and make future abilities interchangabe between all of them? That way leaders keep their flavour and still gives you guys more freedom.

Hello,
How will it affect the contracts of 100 leader victories when they are skins? Will they disappear or be exchanged for the name with the ability of leader? Thanks!

Howdy, Burza!

Before I ask my question I just want to say, LOVE the new direction with leaders! I know theirs allot of backlash, but lots of folk are digging the idea, can't wait to see how it all shakes out and who turns out to be right on this one over the coming months. Heh

Anyway my actual question is about the upcoming expansion and before you say anything I understand you can't give any details or anything like that! Perfectly fair! My question is more of a broad... Over view sort of one.

In this up coming expansion and moving into the future are we going to see more cross faction cards (if you can't say about this expansion, just if it was a one off Novigrad thing or something that we MIGHT see more of in the future) and if we do, will be they be EXCLUSIVELY SY and something else or will we have a chance to see say... Scoia'tael and Nilfgaard sharing some cards?

AGAIN TO BE CLEAR, NOT ASKING FOR DETAILS OR EVEN WHAT CROSS FACTION CARDS MIGHT BE, just curious if the devs see cross faction as being part of SY's unique flavor or if its going to become a way for interesting cards to be shared across two factions without just being added to the neutral pool? A simple, "Its SY for now" or "No it was just for Novigrad to give the other factions something" or "Its not SY exclusive and may come back in future, but that's all I can say for now." Will be enough to satisfy my curiosity.

With faction cards becoming more picky about only working with cards of their own faction, I imagine cross faction cards across all 6 factions in various combinations could be a wonderful way of making fun, flavorful cards that could cross boarders, like just as a random example, poison in ST and NG or Beasts in MO and SK.

Cheers and congrats on the impressive running! :cool:

Considering the upcoming changes to leaders, how will leader trees work and be added in the future?
  1. Will unlocking leaders unlock only them as skins, or will it unlock the ability also?
  2. Will future leaders be sold only as vanity items in the shop, or will they be added as unlockable in the Reward Book?
  3. Will future expansions continue to get expansion and some type of leader trees?
  4. How will leader challenges work with the change?
And a non-leader change related question: Are you planning improvements to leader models and the new VS screen? Because let's be honest, a lot of the leaders in Gwent aren't that photogenic to get their pictures taken up so close :D

Last edited:
Are you planning to hotfix Franchesca? I don't think anybody wants to see that leader in every Challenger line-up let's be honest you overestimated her nerf and brought to light a new monster, not as big as DJ and Foltest, but still, she has an unhealthy playstyle especially with damage and removal being nerfed!

hey there, I have a quick and simple question, are the leader arts going away or will they still be there alongside the models? what I mean by that is are we still gonna be able to inspect the leader models in-game and see the art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom