GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any plans to fix no unit decks? they are still rampant and make players just quit Gwent [. . .]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Shupe Bundle not available on the consoles yet?
Any info?
shupe001.jpg

Hi Pawel,

Are old removed abilities from reworks, like Foltest's Pride, Kiyan, Flail, Ban Ard Tutor & others even from Beta going to make a comeback? Showing something cool then taking it away can be good and can also upset people.

Thanks!

Greetings,
1) Is there any chance to see blitz-gwent again this year?
UPD:
2) Are you planning to restart the limited-time event "GET YOUR LEGENDARY CARDS"?
(so that players spended ore before expansion OR for kegs bought for $$$, not for ore)

Thanks and have a nice day! :howdy:

Last edited:
Follow up question on Blitz-mode.

Was Blitz the most popular game mode this year ?
If people are leaving, stating imbalance, meta-decks, and slow gameplay as reasons. Is it something that would play as a possible consideration for increasing the player base, through reintroduction of Blitz game mode?

Good day, dear developers. I want to ask you this question: What were you thinking about when you created abilities for these cards? How did you want to use the card data? Where? What decks?! Lambert:Swordsman is one of the most unnecessary cards at the moment. She does fully not pay for herself. Cirila:Nova The only squad in the discharge. Seriously?! For 11 provisions?! Eskel: Pathfinder 4 forces. 9 provisions. 1 buff per turn - no, really ?! It’s easier for me to take and put the Nilfgaard Pikiner unit “Alba” = the outcome is even better. Esquel and the simple witchers. 24 provisions for 6 strength !!! At best - 9 power! In an even better case, with a 5% chance - 19 strength. Where to put these witchers? Under what ?! I really want to create a deck of witchers, but what good is it from her ?! - That's right, good 0. It is impossible. Please buff and correct the cart data, work on them! I beg you! I would also ask you to see other cards. There are a lot of such cards. Thanks for allotted time!
1568030315401.png
1568030301827.png
1568030265384.png
1568030247982.png

Hey Burza!

I have a question and a suggestion.
You may not be able to answer, I understand that with the release of 10.15 MacOS - Catalina, supposedly apple are allowing certain iOS apps to use on MacOS, will Gwent be playable on Macs when the mobile app is released?

My suggestion, with certain decks, I like the option of going first, however with the coin toss i usually have bad luck and consistently seem to go second. How about instead of a coin toss, there was a kind of rock, paper, scissors element and the winner can decide who goes first?

Cheers!

Ben

Hi Pawel,

I just remembered with that HC we were promised Unit Stacking to adjust for limited space. Is this still planed?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Once leaders and abilities are decoupled, what will happen with leader animations when they use abilities? those were suited for abilities, and also take different amounts of time, so from the pure gameplay perspective it will be best to just use the leader with the shortest animation?

Last edited:
During August, there was a short back-and fourth discussion concerning row-identity of gwent on A Suggestion for Row Identity thread.

I wanted to ask if developers have any interesting ideas or thoughts on how to make row-identity matter ?

Passive points, in terms of 1 damage reduction on back row, or 1 additional passive point that counts towards the score, for each unit placed on front row, would give the game a more strategic touch when it comes to rows, which is something a lot of players wanted, especialy those who favoured the Beta-gwent.

Besides, if changing row mechanics to something completely different, is in developers interest, would it be possible to test such mechanics during seasonal mode, such as Mahakam or Wild-hunt ?

Dear Burza,
Will we get a gameplay preview of the preorder ship board?
Also, I'd love to see completed cardback animation before october 2nd as it isn't animated in Shupe's shop preview

can we have any info on if the shadows are coming back or not? in the preorder for iron judgment you can see shadows on the board but there are no shadows in the in-game shop version of the board

Dear Burza,
Are there any plans for changing the arena? Can we expect the arena mode with the ability to choose only neutral and cards of the faction whose ability (leader) we selected. Without that chaotic mess of all the existing cards. Or something else. Just a test to find out the community’s opinion about the different options to improve the arena mode (like the previous change in leader selection order)

Thanks!

Guest 4336264

I recently bought Thronebreaker from GOG. I've completed it now (about 20 hours of game-play in total for this game...). Previously, I'd played the original GWENT card game (the original Beta version that was widely loved). In many respects, this game was comparable to the original Beta in the manner in which the game CARD GAME in-game is designed and played.

Following my play through of Thronebreaker, I decided to try GWENT again (haven't played much since the original Beta was completely reworked). I figured I'd use Thronebreaker as a type of method to try and get into the new format of Gwent. I foolishly expected that the cards I was playing in Thronebreaker would play the same, or in a similar way, to GWENT.

Surprisingly, when loading GWENT, I found that the cards - descriptions, powers, manner of play, etc. - were completely different. One example is the BOMB HEAVER - in Thronebreaker these units can be used to set the rows of the enemy on fire; however, in GWENT... all they do is... DEPLOY and destroy an artifact! I'm afraid this was a disappointing discovery - and the disappointments just kept coming...

I'd like to ask the DEVELOPERS why they decided to build Thronebreaker using game mechanics that are more akin to the original Beta game of GWENT - even going so far as to point to GWENT as the mutliplayer game for Thronebreaker in- game - only for players not completely familiar with the new version of GWENT (the multiplayer option of Thronebreaker) to discover that Thronebreaker's cards bear little to no resemblance to GWENT (only the images are the same)?

Personally, I would have preferred to have played Thronebreaker using the actual cards used in GWENT (that way Thronebreaker would really be a preparation to play GWENT - supposedly Thronebreakers multiplayer option). So, again, why have developers deviated from the norm as respects the cards in Thronebtreaker, possibly leading players, such as me, to expect them to play that way in multiplayer (GWENT), only to find the cards and game mechanics bear little resemblance to GWENT?

Could you not have used the cards currently found in GWENT and built the Thronebreaker game around them so that when a player decides to play multiplayer, the cards play the same as the game they've just spent hours playing and learning?As things have worked out, it all seems a bit ridiculous.

Finally, will Thronebreaker be give any updates - more campaigns and options to play from different perspectives? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom