GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, dear Devs of my favourite online card game!
Are there any plans for a rework to the Nilfgaard faction (in similar way we recently saw a rework to Northern Realms)?

Can we expect a fix for Special cards? For every Special card to be used, you need make 1st click to select it in hand then you need 2nd click on the battlefield for nothing (!?) and only with 3rd click you can select a target for your Special card. To play a Special card without target (Ressurection/AOE Spell) you still need to click on the battlefield.

Why is that anoying, unnecessary 2nd click exists, do you playtest the game on PC (with a mouse, not a gamepad)? This thing exists since the release of HC and i think it should be #1 in the list of UI issues along with the "queue up actions" function.

Dear Devs,
a seriosly question. Are you going to change/rework Enslave ability (Ardal) in the near future?

I Probably will not get an answer, but I know you will read it and would like to let you know that this ability discourage me to play Gwent. I have played a lot of Gwent for a year and now I only try to make the 6 rounds win every second day; and when I play against this ability I turn off and dont know why I still play this game because every second match is against this ability and makes 0 fun... is even disgusting. And I know from other forums, reddit and frends that a lot of other players feels the same.

It would be so great to see a rework.

Hi,

When we get some light to so many cards that is not being played? When we get some Adda/bran/etc leaders rework? Is there going to be any bombs synergy with any cards? So many bombs in-game. Lot of cards don't have any tags to them. Will they get any tags in future? Also when we can actually get the old cards existing game to being useful before you move onto making new cards? Also, I suggest you guys can do a QA live stream every month or so. That will be more useful than this plain thread.

Thanks for your amazing effort. I know its hard to balance an online card game but also it is not hugely difficult either.

Take care.

Last edited:
I'm an avid supporter and player of gwent and have been for some time now. Truly the ONLY thing I have found continual fault with is the utter lack of a meaningful rework of the Scoia'tael faction. They have languished in ignominy since I began playing. You almost never see anyone playing them. They are my favorites though as you go into every match an underdog. So my question I guess is are they ever going to get more than a passing nod and a new card or two? (still woefully underpowered compared to other factions). They are TRULY in need of some love from the devs. Thank you for making a GREAT game, keep up the stellar work! :)

Hey Guys, I've got a question about the achievements:

How can I unlock the "Fantastic Five" Achievement. After the updates there are no more faction leaders, just skins. Do I have to obtain now one skin of each faction? Like Syndicate, Crimson and so on? Otherwise I don't know how to unlock it, I already have two Skins or more of each "standard" faction.

Greetings, Sawyer!

@Devs... How is Nilfgaard in an acceptable state right now?

I’ve played Gwent since day one, and I’ve never been more triggered by anything with the game than I am with Nilfgaard right now. And now a new patch is about to hit and there have been no changes after this triggering last month I'm just angry.

I really want to know more about your thoughts of Nilfgaard so I can either reevaluate them and stop this anger I have facing this god-forsaken pile of a faction, or, bring this up to maybe make you guys take a look from a different angle.

I don’t understand how it’s acceptable to play against a faction where their first four cards are nearly always Tourney-Joust x2 and Assassination x2? This is way worse than the first Homecoming patches where people just dropped Artifacts. But it’s not those cards that are my main gripe, it’s them together with Bribery, Yennefer: Invocation, Damien’s double Enslave, etc. NG’s create, removal, thinning, and yoinking all together is overkill. I get that NG uses your cards against you, fine, flavorful yum yum, but removal, thinning, and create too? Come on now, behave.

I’m not even angry because I’m losing against them every game, because I’m not - I’ve managed to get an ok enough win-rate against NG with Skellige this past season. I’m angry because this is not fun. This is not Gwent. This isn’t showcasing the tagline “where skill, not luck, is your greatest weapon.” In fact, NG right now is “where luck, not skill, is your greatest weapon.” NG are high-rolling — and with the recent big buff to bronzes, it’s made even their low-cost high-rolling actually very, very good.

How is this Gwent? There’s no skill involved here. NG should be able to use your cards against you, but they should not be able to remove, create, and thin so consistently as well. They’re meant to be the un-fun faction, I get that, but I think they’re getting a huge pass right now because they’re meant to be the bad guys. But they are killing the element which everyone plays a game for: fun.

I can lose or win and have fun. I lose or win against NG and I want to close the game.

Can I connect my PC account with IOS version and in future on Android and use it on both IO and Android devices?

Hello Burza,

I am very curious why this season is lasting more than a week longer than usual. Is there some special plans that you guys are going to share with us soon?

Are there any plans to increase the row-restriction warning prompt to cover cards with aternate row abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom