GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celestes666;n8686960 said:
Biggest question I think is:
Will we able to play on PC with ps4 account and vise versa???

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

poomz55160;n8690090 said:
Will you release the game's OST as mp3 format like you did in Witcher 3 and dlc? I really love the classic soundtrack and the new one so much.

Currently, GWENT soundtrack is available on Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/user/cdprojektred/playlist/7a1qj9SfVTPYiK9VNzLhPN

Vyse1986;n8696310 said:
When you developed the original Gwent for The Witcher 3, did you already know or at least think about the possibility that it might eventually become a stand-alone game?

No, the decision was made after we got tons of positive feedback and requests to create GWENT as a standalone game. :)

Maaxqatsi;n8708290 said:
Why does it say on Assire that she can shuffle in gold cards, when she can't?

We are working on addressing all issues with card descriptions.

Oculus_Infinium;n8711730 said:
My question is about hero cards. Are they available in kegs? I found a level 1 who had something like 6 hero cards and they absolutely wiped the floor with me.

What do you mean by hero cards? :)
In GWENT we have three types of cards: gold, silver and bronze. In your deck you can have a maximum of 4 gold and 6 silver cards, all of them can be found in kegs or crafted with scraps. You have some of them on your account as well, as every new account is provided with starter decks that include all types of cards.

Will the whole game stay free? What i mean by is that for example, will the single player part of the game be only accesible to paying players?

Have you considered allowing us to buy singleplayer campaigns with some sort of in-game currency? Maybe meteorite powder? Thanks.

Hope this doesn't qualify as discussion. My question is in relation to previously answered question.

Can you go into any details as to why accounts cannot be shared between platforms, such as console > PC? Other games can do it so, it does not appear to be a technical limitation. If you cannot go into detail, can you at least confirm if it is technology related limitation?

Many thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Why are the current turn timers the way they are? I understand the burn-down mechanic but why is it that if my opponent chooses to play no cards and instead let his turn timer keep ticking down that I have to keep playing. In my previous match I had someone who was just letting the timer burn down for 5-6 turns while i had to keep playing cards if i wanted to win. However, due to not wanting to waste my hand I eventually passed my turn. Even though he had burnt 5-6 cards from waiting until the timer ticked down, he was able to jump in and beat my strength score. Why have you chosen to allow this instead of having the round go to the person not letting the timer burn down and instead force the other player to keep playing cards for worry of their opponent jumping back in and having enough strength to win? Thank you.

Will there be more Single player content?

f.e. 1 challange for every card in the game where you have to play it correctly in the different situations to win the challange.....so you learn how a card work with this challange.

As reward you get 25 ores for the easy challanges up to 100 ore for the rly hard challanges.

Think this would also help new player to understand the different cards, synergies, etc....

Are you planning to allow limited time data transform from one platform to another?
For example, when beta ends and game is officialy launched, there could be 1 week to transfer date from PC to PS4.

Hey devs, I have a question about light longship. I know you said you're reviewing card descriptions, but do you know about this one?
When open beta started, I played a skellige axemen deck with light longships, thinking they would hold their power from one round to the next (via graveyard and resurrection) but was disappointed to find they don't... I found when they die, they reset to their base power of 5, 6 or 7 when resurrected for the following round.

Okay here's the question: is that intentional?

Thanks in advance

Fr33c3l;n8691000 said:
How often can we expect game patches? There are tens of reported bug issues on Technical corner and none from CDPR haven't says if they're working on it and when (or even if) it will be fixed.. Absolutely no offence because I love this game but how it's possible that such many problems weren't catched on closed beta? Gwent is good piece of game, however good support is much more important nowadays.

GWENT has changed a lot with the transition from Closed to Public Beta. We are continuously working on all reported issues, even though sometimes we are not able to respond to all messages on the Forum.

Yahdop;n8726800 said:
How exactly does matchmaking work when it comes to casual as opposed to ranked?

You have a separate MMR value for casual and ranked games. Casual matchmaking is aimed towards finding high quality matches between players. In ranked, MMR is used as a base for Ranks and is reset every time a season changes. Nevertheless, please bare in mind that we are constantly tweaking the way the system works and this design is not yet final.

Will the system requirements go up at release? i have a budget PC (fx 6300, gtx 750ti and 8gigs of ram) and i noticed that the requirements for recommended are quite high. Im worried that it might go up more a bit too much in the future.

One thing I really liked with the release of Open Beta, are the single player challenges and how they rewarded you with cards (leaders). Any chance of more of those down the line, with maybe more cards we could earn?

Hello CDPR developpers ! I had a few questions about the monster Deathwish archetype you kinda introduced with the Open beta. (harpies, Celeano Harpies, Earth Elementals, Shadow) First, do you think it could become its own archetype with its own leader and decks or do you think it should stay in the Consume bubble? Also do you plan to expand it with new units (bronze, silver and gold) and don't you think that the fact that Consume can get the strength AND trigger the Deathwish ability force you to nerf the DW units in order to balance Consume?

I recently created a thread about this really fun archetype in the Monster's Tactician's Corner and I'd be really happy to see more about it.

Thank you in advance !

How am i supposed to learn the game when i cannot start thread on forum (it says i need to first post 10 times - forcing me to flood forums for no reason), and there is plenty of mechanics that arent clear? Like Redanian Knight-Elect boosting some units but dont boost other, even tho there is not special requirement writen on its description...

falrinth85;n8746510 said:
How am i supposed to learn the game when i cannot start thread on forum (it says i need to first post 10 times - forcing me to flood forums for no reason)
Moderator: Sorry for the inconvenience, however, this is a necessary defence measure against spam. We recently suffered a series of relentless attacks, which rendered the Forums nearly impossible to read. This was the only viable solution at our disposal. Please, see here for tips about posting: New members and posting limitations

And now, back to the questions.

How important is it do the devs to stay in line with the books? A lot of cards have effects that obviously relate to the character in the novels(Zoltan's parrot, Yennefer's Unicorn, etc.), but some effects seem kind of random, even on Legendary major characters, like Vilgefortz being loyal.

Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n8745390 said:
One thing I really liked with the release of Open Beta, are the single player challenges and how they rewarded you with cards (leaders). Any chance of more of those down the line, with maybe more cards we could earn?

We will be adding more challenges and more leaders to the game.

falrinth85;n8746510 said:
How am i supposed to learn the game when i cannot start thread on forum (it says i need to first post 10 times - forcing me to flood forums for no reason), and there is plenty of mechanics that arent clear? Like Redanian Knight-Elect boosting some units but dont boost other, even tho there is not special requirement writen on its description...

At the start of your turn, if your Redanian Knight-Elect has Armor, he boosts adjacent units by 1. You can find the description of all cards and keywords in the Collection and Deck Builder panels – the tooltips appear as soon as you hover over a card. :)

Firekangaroo;n8748410 said:
How important is it do the devs to stay in line with the books? A lot of cards have effects that obviously relate to the character in the novels(Zoltan's parrot, Yennefer's Unicorn, etc.), but some effects seem kind of random, even on Legendary major characters, like Vilgefortz being loyal.

Loyal and Disloyal are some of the keywords in the game, just like Armor, Deathwish, Ally, Summon, Reveal etc. They refer to the card (disloyal cards are put on your opponent’s side of the board), not necessarily to the character itself.

And you know, if we had to stay totally in line with the books, the game would require us to provide all players with heavy wooden sticks and allow them to beat each other up… we don’t want that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom