GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

We all loved the Witcher series so much and the Gwent of course.
But....It seems something its not right here.At least for me.
Noone asks anything about that.Ant that worries me the most.
So...I have some questions.

The Witcher games were single player experiences.We , the players and final customers , supported that from the very beginning till the end.
Now you have created something beautiful but the single player magic is totally ...dead.

Why ?

Why i dont have the freedom of choice to play single player mode ?
Why do i have to play against money spending players ?
Why i cant earn and unlock all the cards of the game playing alone ?
We , the players , didnt have fun while playing Gwent solo in Witcher s game ??? Of course we had !!!
Thats why i am here today.Thats why i am searching for answers!

And...
I can remember for sure a company with respect at single players.
I declare not against multiplayer mode.But for my personal freedom of choice.
And my final question.
The way "multiplayer" works today 02/07/2017 , is really multiplying fun ??? Or multiplying only money ???

Thanks in advance

Are there any plans at reviewing the "sequencing" concept when mulliganing cards? Namely, the fact that you draw the cards that you mulligan at the first round.

Hi, I don't know if this was answered before (I have seen most of the replies but not all), but I'll try :

Can you share some statistics about winrate for players going first and second ? And do you think about offering some kind of bonus for the first player, because most of the time, going second feels like a huge advantage.

lomvicmarko;n9023970 said:
Why do we have to deal with bad user interface on PC? Are there any plans to address this issue because it really messes up with flow of information and action.
It really feels like it can be brought to a whole new level and it really doesn't take much to get there.

We are constantly working on optimizing and updating the UI. Can you please give us some details with regards to what you do not like in the current UI?

Murlykot;n9036660 said:
Card contrabandist-gavencar. This card take +1 power, if opponent play any card on his rows, but this ability don't work, if opponent play gold card (no lider). That is how it should be?

None of the card abilities work with Gold cards, unless stated otherwise.

Murlykot;n9036660 said:
Card medic-gavencar. I used card "dummy", which must to replay my medic and to give it +3 power, but take only replace. My medic after all have 4 power, but not 7.
I add screenshots, if my comments are too unclear.

Could you please report this issue via our Customer Support form? https://www.playgwent.com/en/support/

OneTrick;n9037980 said:
I had a question regarding the graveyard, I usually play a Monster deck with Foglets and at times I play against a similar deck. I also run the Griffin that allows me to swap a card from one graveyard to another but when I click it I just see all cards without any way to distinguish my Foglets from his. Is it true that there is no way to see which cards are in which graveyard when you see them all like this or am I missing something?

We are aware of this issue and we are working on it.

blaxximus;n9047870 said:
can the random card you might receive after winning 2 rounds be any rarity?

Yes. :)

Pyxis69;n9052350 said:
Hi !

We all loved the Witcher series so much and the Gwent of course.
But....It seems something its not right here.At least for me.
Noone asks anything about that.Ant that worries me the most.
So...I have some questions.

The Witcher games were single player experiences.We , the players and final customers , supported that from the very beginning till the end.
Now you have created something beautiful but the single player magic is totally ...dead.

Why ?

Why i dont have the freedom of choice to play single player mode ?
Why do i have to play against money spending players ?
Why i cant earn and unlock all the cards of the game playing alone ?
We , the players , didnt have fun while playing Gwent solo in Witcher s game ??? Of course we had !!!
Thats why i am here today.Thats why i am searching for answers!

And...
I can remember for sure a company with respect at single players.
I declare not against multiplayer mode.But for my personal freedom of choice.
And my final question.
The way "multiplayer" works today 02/07/2017 , is really multiplying fun ??? Or multiplying only money ???

Thanks in advance

As a standalone game (unlike the mini-game in The Witcher 3), GWENT was intended to be a competitive, multiplayer card game. Nevertheless, we are working on the single-player campaigns, which will become available when the game comes out of the Beta phase.

Dominika;n9068820 said:
We are constantly working on optimizing and updating the UI. Can you please give us some details with regards to what you do not like in the current UI?

Thanks for replying.

Sure I can go into some detail. First of all I know this UI is made to go cross platform so it is highly inefficient on PC and I think going forward it would be nice to have separate client for PC.

Everything is so damn big and centralized, it really hurts eyes when we are sitting close to a screen. Then there is issue of lots of wasted space that could have been used to make everything look better and be more functional. but that I guess ties in with my centralization point.

Lets analyze this. Most important thing about collection is comfort so you would expect to see more cards at once then what is shown especially when we have so much wasted space. It would be nice to be able to increase number of cards we can see by adding option to switch scale of images and there for increase number of rows that can be seen. Another quality of life option would be to include check box or something to allow us to see all cards in color, my eyes want to pop out trying to spot card that I don't know name of.

Red: All of that wasted space is redundant Why have it there when you can just pick faction(from drop down manu, and you can show all that info there as well) and get same info there it is not that is something we need to look at all the time. That space could have been a lot more efficiently like expanding collection page or filter, anything would be more useful then this.

Blue: This is redundant as well I can't think of single reason why it would exist on PC, It should be replaced with card color filter(Bronze,silver gold) for example or removed for extra space if you really want to.You could just palace one drop down menu box at top of the screen in yellow zone.

Yellow: Aesthetically this is sound but i think screen got copped off little to much and on bottom all that space just for two buttons?

Mouse over: Space that is used for mouse over can be utilized better. We can still have it but we could add option to turn it off and expand collection page and get info about card effect on tooltip. Or maybe something else like you know filter option or something more useful since we can see cards in full glory by right clicking.

There is so much that can be done and I just scratched surface, there is so many ways this can be done better with minimal effort, or with lots of effort it can be made modular (well I would made everything modular in game lol)

Everything in game suffers from similar issues from battle UI to deck builder. Now don't get me wrong game looks beautiful and it is done at top quality but we need some more function.As I said Console UI isn't compatible with PC one since we observe screen from different distances and use different devices to move around. Trying to make UI for both is impossible task so I like to think that is just place holder for us because it is kind of unacceptable(ouch!) since it is aggravating. Just trying to find my deck between all decks I made is real pain.Main menu needs to be changed as well with upcoming chat function as well since 3/4 screen is taken by few picture buttons.

Having fixed chat screen at bottom in the middle makes more sense kind like in dota 2 for example and we could use in game lobbies for communities gather, and what about news etc... Just use damn space :D

I can talk about this all day about each screen since i put some thought on it ever time it pissed me off but I hope I made it a bit more clear why I don't like it and why I think developing this further is worthwhile goal on long run.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm new to this game and I really enjoy it: thanks.

I would like to know more about unranked match making system please.

I currently try to win all my first rounds (and concede most of the time after the first one, my deck seems to be bad), but I'm getting experience, and so on levels.
As my level is getting higher, will I play against better opponents or is there an "hidden point" system involved in matchmaking?

75% loose (I'll try to become better, I promise... but my girlfriend also plays on my account and she is... perfect) = 75% loose ratio opponents or opponents of my level?

Thanks a lot :)
have a nice day !

Omageus

I have to ask. What was the reasoning behind the Celveit nerf. He is my favorite leader despite being one of the weakest bodies of all the leaders. His ability was a lot of fun. It really allowed my deck to be flexible and this change is going to force me to find a new way to play him or worst case ill have to abandon him altogether. The patch hasent dropped yet. So i have come to this forum to beg and plead with you to reconsider this nerf. As it stands my NG decks are sub tear. They are my favored faction. I dont want to play NR, or monsters, or the damn vikings. Have a heart, and dont cut out the vary soul of NG. Now i understand that this is futile and you are going to anyway but i had to at least try..... all i want to know is why this change was deemed necessary.

I don't understand the "changes" made to Savage Bear. Yes, you fixed the bugs with him, however I believe he is still way too OP for a bronze card. You mentioned in the stream that you don't want players to have to build decks only around certain archetypes, however in making Savage Bear now a 7 strength card AND still bronze AND the x-men now at 3, it seems I will have to. So, my questions are: Why? Why can't this card be a Silver? Why was his strength increased?

My ranked seaaon did not reset and i din't recirve and season end reward. I dont get it . Did a new season start ?

Is it possible to reveal any release window of the full game ? Cant wait to play single player story mode.
A specific month would be enough .

In hindsight, how do you feel the weather nerf has worked out? Do you think there's still need for further adjustments, or does it now fulfill the role you had in mind for it?

Alright this is my only question and it seems to be dodged a lot,

How will the cross platform play work with the ps4 and pc how will one that is on pc play with another on ps4 is it like a random encounter where its possible to play with a ps4 player or will you implement something like a directly linked Gwent friend system where you can have friends in game who are not on the same platform? My main reason for asking this is because my friend plays on Gwent using the ps4 and we are unsure if we will actually ever get to play with each other (It would be nice to know whether or not we will be able to play together like in in world of war tanks or warplanes).

blaxximus;n9047730 said:
If an enemy player goes afk from the very first turn of the game. do i really have to sit there and wait for him to burn every single turn timer, then round 2, then wait for him to burn his 2 turns before i get the win? is there no other option for me, the active player?

Anti-AFK system has been already implemented to the game. After the first AFK turn, your opponent’s timer is reduced to 20 seconds (as opposed to full 60 seconds), and after that to 10 seconds.

omageus;n9076480 said:
Hello,

I'm new to this game and I really enjoy it: thanks.

I would like to know more about unranked match making system please.

I currently try to win all my first rounds (and concede most of the time after the first one, my deck seems to be bad), but I'm getting experience, and so on levels.
As my level is getting higher, will I play against better opponents or is there an "hidden point" system involved in matchmaking?

75% loose (I'll try to become better, I promise... but my girlfriend also plays on my account and she is... perfect) = 75% loose ratio opponents or opponents of my level?

Thanks a lot :)
have a nice day !

Omageus

The matchmaking system of casual games is based mainly on your performance, the number of games you played and their outcome. :)

At the end of a season, will the MMR receive a total reset or a soft reset (aka a couple ranks lower than the current rank)? If it is a soft reset, does that mean we will not get the rewards of the lower ranks?

Hey guys quick question here, regarding the beta ending /release: will the material (meteorite dust and scraps) we have is going to remain or will it be lost? The latter with the purpose of creating cards, etc,; before it might get reset or destroyed. Thanks for the kind reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom