GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there ongoing discussion about tweaking (increasing or decreasing) the current limit on maximum gold/silver cards allowed per deck?

Hello,

I am interested will Imlerith without a helmet avatar (that you unlock for top 1000 leaderboard position at the end of the season) be available only during this first ranked season, or will he also be unlockable every season in the future?

Hello.
Are there any restrictions on multiaccounts?
The situation is that I'm already in top-7 for tournament and just wants to boost my chances with another account (yet it will be insane to do so from 0, but...)
What if (in theory) both of my accounts will be in top-7 August 1?

Question about A.I. Will there be a difficulty level on practice with the A.I. , like easy , hard , impossible in the future.

And second , will there be a possibility to choose what faction A.I. has in practice mode and not random as it is now.

Raunbjorn

Have you thought about making it so that you can't get duplicate golds and silver cards? I've only gotten two golds yet but getting two of the same would be pretty darn annoying.
Cheers

Can Pavetta silver card be without the tag "doomed" because playing a shuffle deck is a bit weak and there is no gold cards that helps out a deck which involves shuffling, so can this in time be improved and especially with Pavetta?

BornBoring;n9206811 said:
Was it planned that the deathwish ability is mainly used as a tool for carryover? I mean nearly nobody playing harpies (NOT celaeno harpy) or shadow so you can probably say that there doesn't even exist are real deathwish archetype. Do you plan to rework the deathwish archetype or do you think they way it is now is fine? [personal opinion: deathwish archetype is probably more difficult to balance than any other archetype in the game].

Currently we have no plans of changing the deathwish ability.

harriyama;n9208031 said:
Is there ongoing discussion about tweaking (increasing or decreasing) the current limit on maximum gold/silver cards allowed per deck?

At the moment we are not planning to modify limits of gold and silver cards in decks.

NetTroll;n9211391 said:
Hello.
Are there any restrictions on multiaccounts?
The situation is that I'm already in top-7 for tournament and just wants to boost my chances with another account (yet it will be insane to do so from 0, but...)
What if (in theory) both of my accounts will be in top-7 August 1?

Players can get in with only one account. If you get in the top-7 with two accounts, we will ignore the second one.

Hydrahead;n9212671 said:
Have you thought about making it so that you can't get duplicate golds and silver cards? I've only gotten two golds yet but getting two of the same would be pretty darn annoying.
Cheers

We are not planning to change it.

Can we get new avatars like Letho, Vesemir, Roche, Ves, Zoltan, one of the main Toussaint Knights, Queen Henrietta, etc. etc? We are very limited to a handful of avatars and it gets repetitive hearing the same few lines between mostly Geralt and Dandelion avatars. That and there are plenty of other characters that people would like to have as their avatar.

Can we expect any additional customization features within the "trinket" section? I thought it would be an excellent idea to add "banners" as a trinket, and it would be a horizontal image that players unlock through leveling up, and by using a faction so many matches to unlock faction specific banners. During the initial match up screen between players, and during matches themselves, banners would be displayed. The images of the banners themselves would range from having different characters, symbols of factions like the sun symbol of Nilfgard for example, and significant locations like the palace of Queen Henrietta in the Blood and Wine DLC for instance.

Last edited:
What's going on with ranked at the moment? Just before the last patch, I thought you guys said you were changing the rewards to "make it more fun for most players". It worked, as you could get a change of 30-45 points each win/loss. In the last few days/week the highest point change I've seen is 24. Usually about 20 though, which is extremely boring in my opinion.
Perhaps this is a separate issue, but I have about a 60% winrate over the last 10 games... but my rank has gone down because I lose more for losses than I gain for wins... What's going on?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Are there any plans to allow players to level up and gain resources in single player? I'm fine with a system that incorporates some diminishing returns in single player or just very low rewards.
​​I just detest multiplayer in any game and will not be playing that under any circumstance. I just want to be able to mill and buy a keg of cards every week or so. Heck, I might even buy some kegs, but right now the game feels like a dead end for me.

Any updated date on the addition of an Invite function on Console? Or an updated date for release? And is it safe to assume that there will definitely be an invite function at release?

Raunbjorn

I know it's a difficult question to answer but do you have any plans/thoughts about when PS5 comes out eventually? Will there be some sort of compensation for kegs bought on PS4 or will PS4 accounts be linked to PS5 accounts? From the console player's perspective it would be nice with some security when you're spending money on the game.

Thanks in advance.

Devs: Any plans to make an in-game gwent tracker that would allow console players access to the advantage PC players with tracking software have? It's not even so much to answer the question of "what am I drawing into" and more so e.g. "has my opponent played 2 or 3 priestesses of freya?" One obvious solution that I usually use is to look in graveyards--although more roping occurs this way and console response times for playing the card and aiming or selecting the effect are already slightly slower then clicking (see, e.g., Coral--on console she default targets your own back row and you have to tap up 3-5 times to select the right row--and because plays like these involve a decent amount of math if you're Coral'ing with 5 seconds on the timer it ends up being a button mash after she delivers her voice line).

Moreover, simply looking in the graveyard will not provide the information you need in the freya example (in case you forgot how many have been played because after all--you've got to remember the entirety of your deck, what rally/ADC/MO will pull, and every card the opponent has played--so in round 3 it is understandable that you're not sure if your opponent has played 2 or 3). While you can look at cards played--again this can be a huge time suck, which in addition to calculating points for your contemplated play and making card sequencing decisions--will often result in roping.

Speaking in terms of balancing the competitive game and treating consoles equally--as CDPR has stated it is its goal--it follows 3rd party trackers could either:
A. not be allowed (I'm against this but it is fair)
B. Include a substitute console add-on tracker (like any other game add-on or DLC)
C. One tracker could be built into the game interface (beyond the side bar of cards played) or
D. Another solution.

Would CDPR consider any of these options in the name of equal treatment for console players? (trying not to break the suggestion as question rule--honestly just an attempt at a fleshed out question). The tracker really makes quite a difference having played on a friends account on PC to test it and watching streams.

Thanks for any response.

Sigurd_3;n9218191 said:
Can we get new avatars like Letho, Vesemir, Roche, Ves, Zoltan, one of the main Toussaint Knights, Queen Henrietta, etc. etc? We are very limited to a handful of avatars and it gets repetitive hearing the same few lines between mostly Geralt and Dandelion avatars. That and there are plenty of other characters that people would like to have as their avatar.

Can we expect any additional customization features within the "trinket" section? I thought it would be an excellent idea to add "banners" as a trinket, and it would be a horizontal image that players unlock through leveling up, and by using a faction so many matches to unlock faction specific banners. During the initial match up screen between players, and during matches themselves, banners would be displayed. The images of the banners themselves would range from having different characters, symbols of factions like the sun symbol of Nilfgard for example, and significant locations like the palace of Queen Henrietta in the Blood and Wine DLC for instance.

Yes, we are planning to add more avatars, but I cannot provide you with any details at the moment. All I can say is that we will be trying to improve all aspects of the game.

AZY147;n9220511 said:
What's going on with ranked at the moment? Just before the last patch, I thought you guys said you were changing the rewards to "make it more fun for most players". It worked, as you could get a change of 30-45 points each win/loss. In the last few days/week the highest point change I've seen is 24. Usually about 20 though, which is extremely boring in my opinion.
Perhaps this is a separate issue, but I have about a 60% winrate over the last 10 games... but my rank has gone down because I lose more for losses than I gain for wins... What's going on?

Thanks in advance for your response.

The amount of points that is gained or lost from ranking games depends on the ranking points of the opponent. Winning with opponents with more ranking points will result in gaining more ranking points than winning with opponents with fewer points. Similarily, losing with opponents with more ranking points will result in losing less ranking points than losing with opponents with fewer points.

Are there any plans on adding more cards that manipulate the other players graveyard?

I feel like there isn't much I can do to disrupt certain popular skellige and monster decks. They have plenty of cards that disrupt my game plan, but I can't do anything about theirs'.

Hey are there any plans regarding changing / buffing / debuffing the effect of golden cards in the next patch? Since right now there are some golden cards that are just too weak to see play *cough* John Natalis *cough*

LethoClean;n9244821 said:
Do you guys ever plan on releasing board skins?

At the moment we are not planning to make such feature.

Dimile;n9247661 said:
On the same note, is there any chance that the board will be reworked from the ground up?

We will be working on improving all aspects of the game, but at the moment I cannot say if the board will be completely reworked.

esra01;n9253351 said:
Hey are there any plans regarding changing / buffing / debuffing the effect of golden cards in the next patch? Since right now there are some golden cards that are just too weak to see play *cough* John Natalis *cough*

We're constantly monitoring performance of cards. Whenever some card is not performing as good as we expected, we're looking for ways of adjusting it to become more useful and attractive to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom