GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if these fall foul of the no suggestions rule but I'm not sure I can ask these questions without inadvertently making them sound like suggestions. Anyways, here goes:

1. Are there any plans to alter the Renew gold card? The reason I ask is that I remember from one of the dev videos CDPR mentioning that you don't want players being able to use gold cards that aren't their own. The most recent change has largely helped with that but if you play a disloyal gold and your opponent has renew, they can still play it themselves whereas you cannot if you have renew. Is this an issue you are looking to change?

2. Are there any plans to make meteorite powder slightly easier to come by? I think I'm level 31 / rank 18 now and apart from the clear skies transmute in the tutorial, I've only been able to transmute maybe 8 cards so far. The premium cards were a great introduction and it's fun to be able to upgrade an existing card in this manner but in my experience, being able to transmute a card is a rare occasion which is a bit of a shame.

Anyways, thanks for all the effort you folks have previously and continue to put into the game. I'm looking forward to future developments you will bring us. Cheers.

Sir_Hedgehog;n9255841 said:
Apologies if these fall foul of the no suggestions rule but I'm not sure I can ask these questions without inadvertently making them sound like suggestions. Anyways, here goes:

1. Are there any plans to alter the Renew gold card? The reason I ask is that I remember from one of the dev videos CDPR mentioning that you don't want players being able to use gold cards that aren't their own. The most recent change has largely helped with that but if you play a disloyal gold and your opponent has renew, they can still play it themselves whereas you cannot if you have renew. Is this an issue you are looking to change?

2. Are there any plans to make meteorite powder slightly easier to come by? I think I'm level 31 / rank 18 now and apart from the clear skies transmute in the tutorial, I've only been able to transmute maybe 8 cards so far. The premium cards were a great introduction and it's fun to be able to upgrade an existing card in this manner but in my experience, being able to transmute a card is a rare occasion which is a bit of a shame.

Anyways, thanks for all the effort you folks have previously and continue to put into the game. I'm looking forward to future developments you will bring us. Cheers.

1. That's an interesting suggestion and we'll look into it. However at the moment we are not planning to change how "Renew" works.

2. No, we are not planning to make any changes to meteorite powder.

I have 2 questions to ask.

1) Can you give an estimated for release of the next patch? Not specifics, just days or weeks.

2) Do you plan on changing Reaver Hunter because the 3rd round Reaver/ Henselt combo is almost impossible to beat, especially if they threw operator to add another to their deck?

Thanks in advance for you response.

Love the game and Love the way you guys keep up with your players and fan base. Excellent work all around!

Hi there.

Will there be a chance to get loc. files or help somehow with translation?

I don't want to mess about with game files and my knowledge about this is very limited, I can't edit en-us file, but I'd like to see (or even contribute to) Czech translation.
:cheers:​

Is it intended that consume triggers axemen's ability? You fixed the exact same issue during closed beta.

DCeiTFuL;n9266121 said:
I have 2 questions to ask.

1) Can you give an estimated for release of the next patch? Not specifics, just days or weeks.

2) Do you plan on changing Reaver Hunter because the 3rd round Reaver/ Henselt combo is almost impossible to beat, especially if they threw operator to add another to their deck?

Thanks in advance for you response.

Love the game and Love the way you guys keep up with your players and fan base. Excellent work all around!

1) Soon ;) On a serious note - at the moment I cannot tell you any details. We'll announce this information as soon as we can.

2) Yes, we are investigating the Reaver Hunter and we are looking for a way to change how it works.

sfinx;n9269821 said:
Hi there.

Will there be a chance to get loc. files or help somehow with translation?

I don't want to mess about with game files and my knowledge about this is very limited, I can't edit en-us file, but I'd like to see (or even contribute to) Czech translation.
:cheers:​

We appreciate your enthusiasm and we're happy to hear you'd like to help out, but at the moment we are not planning to localise the game into other languages. It's possible we may consider adding them in the future.

BornBoring;n9295941 said:
Is it intended that consume triggers axemen's ability? You fixed the exact same issue during closed beta.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We'll look into it.

Hey guys.

1. Have you thought about a quest/task system for Gwent, where you get rewards after completing them?

2. Will you be adding trophies/achievements to the final release?

3. Have you considered adding rewards for playing the practice mode? Maybe a tiny amount but something to earn even when not playing online.

Last edited:
Why is that some players never get anything then white card as random daily reward (instead 15 ore or scraps or meteor). I saw on yt and streamers that they get even epic or legendary there. But for me and i won like hundreds of them i never even won a rare one. Played high level in closed and now lvl 40 in open and still i always won white cards. Even if chances of getting anything different of white card are low, it's almost impossible to not won even rare so far, RNG can't be so brutal as well.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9302781 said:
Hey guys.

1. Have you thought about a quest/task system for Gwent, where you get rewards after completing them?

2. Will you be adding trophies/achievements to the final release?

3. Have you considered adding rewards for playing the practice mode? Maybe a tiny amount but something to earn even when not playing online.

We are not planning any of these at the moment.

Kingoko;n9303341 said:
Why is that some players never get anything then white card as random daily reward (instead 15 ore or scraps or meteor). I saw on yt and streamers that they get even epic or legendary there. But for me and i won like hundreds of them i never even won a rare one. Played high level in closed and now lvl 40 in open and still i always won white cards. Even if chances of getting anything different of white card are low, it's almost impossible to not won even rare so far, RNG can't be so brutal as well.

Rewards are completely random.

Dimile;n9316211 said:
Are you thinking to give us the option to change our in-game username?

At the moment we do not have such plans.

Raunbjorn

After the season ends will you still be able to get the Imlerith avatar if you didn't reach top 1000 this season? I really wanna know before I quit my life trying to get that thing lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys plan on adding more wallpapers to the current media? Specifically some scenes from the cinematic? I love the shot of Geralt and Ciri playing gwent just before the nilfs barge in :)

Now that it has been announced that the season will end by August 27th and that this was said:

Dominika;n9318401 said:
Secondly, the ranking points you worked so hard to earn during the Ranked Play season — you’ll be taking ⅓ of them with you into the next one, which will determine the rank you start it with.

My doubt is the following - Let's say that I ended the season with 4200 points, that means I'll carry over 1400 to the next one, which corresponds to being at rank 9. Will I automatically receive the rewards from the previous and current ranks? Those would be 9 Kegs, 275 Scraps and 100 Powder.

Hydrahead;n9320061 said:
After the season ends will you still be able to get the Imlerith avatar if you didn't reach top 1000 this season? I really wanna know before I quit my life trying to get that thing lol.

Imlerith avatar is one of the rewards for the current season, however, we may consider making it available in the future.

I_V_I;n9320761 said:
Do you guys plan on adding more wallpapers to the current media? Specifically some scenes from the cinematic? I love the shot of Geralt and Ciri playing gwent just before the nilfs barge in :)

We'll be definitely adding more wallpapers in the future. :)

Theodrik;n9320921 said:
My doubt is the following - Let's say that I ended the season with 4200 points, that means I'll carry over 1400 to the next one, which corresponds to being at rank 9. Will I automatically receive the rewards from the previous and current ranks? Those would be 9 Kegs, 275 Scraps and 100 Powder.

Yes, you will receive the rank-up rewards with the start of the season, according to your rank. :)

Greetings, friends!

I have a question about the new ladder: I ended up having exactly 4200 ranking points, and I'm curious whether it is enough to join the new ladder, or I have to have at least 4201. :)

Thank you in advance.

Are you planning to explain how the timing of various "at the start of your turn", "at the end of the turn", etc. effects work?

Are you considering to add a rule book in-game where we can go to get answers like that?

Raunbjorn

Other than being able to play in the new ladder are there any exclusive rewards attached to this? I think you need to be more clear about this.

Which thing do you value the most when you are choosing to nerf/buff fraction? Win rate of fraction, play rate of fraction, players complains or maybe you do random things and check if number of players drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom