GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just wanted to know if this is an exploit or not.

This has happened to me 8 times now in which when i'm about to win, the enemy player dosnt do anything and then it says disconnected with the defeated page. This only happens when i'm about to win and never does this when i'm losing. Its not consistent but it does happen, even a player I vsed last again and it happened again.

This could just be a bad timing coincidence but I just would like to be sure.

cheers.

After a significant nerf (-2 STR and -2 targets), why is Geralt: Aard not millable for it's full cost?

Suffice to say, same goes for Igni and vanilla Geralt.

This is about the Ice Giant card. I played one then boosted it by applying frost on the other side. The opponent then locked the Ice Giant, causing it to lose its boost. I then unlocked it but the boost didn't come back even thought frost was still on the board. Is that intended?

Edit: Scratch that, I misread the new rule for the Ice Giant. He can't get the buff a second time.

Last edited:
Vattier;n9387851 said:
Affecting opponent's deck isn't something new in card games. Even in Gwent there are a couple of cards that can already do that:
Treason - allows you to play a card from opponent's deck
Sweers - allows you to move cards from opponent's deck to graveyard
Xarthisius - allows you to see cards from opponent's deck and move one to the bottom
Donar an Hindar - allows you to move a card from opponent's deck to your graveyard

Ok, Thank you for clarifying the situation. However, one question comes to mind, could Donar An Hindar Skellige Silver Card have an ability after the new recent patch that came out, to not only take a unit from opponent's graveyard but can damage an enemy, because when there is no unit(s) in the graveyard then Donar An Hindar would just become a 0 value card, which just locks and that's it. So, could this be fixed to do a deploy damage a enemy by a certain number and not only lock and take?

Regards,
Hamza

Why is Yennefer: The Conjurer the worst gold car now? Seriously. Only 7 strength without armor? This card die before you play another card ... [h=1][/h]

Why did you think a 3 day mill period after such a long drought in your meta was reasonable for regular non hardcore players to hit, personally I missed the mill by a few days, but I'd been waiting for it for a while. I only check reddit so often, as most normal players would I imagine.

Are you planning to do something with mulligan?
It's just upsetting when you try to hide some card (like rouch or witch and etc) and it still popups all 3 rounds.

Hyme-Witcha;n9403961 said:
Would anyone explain me why the milling value of some cards from the '' Increased Value For Milling'' list are not increased as mentioned ? I bought some cards from the list recently that I'd like to mill but some of them only give me the regular values..

Please make sure that the card you tried to mill was on the official list available here:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...nt-the-witcher-card-game-gold-immunity-update

If this is the case, please contact our tech support through the form available here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Petrakiss;n9408781 said:
Hello,

I just wanted to know if this is an exploit or not.

This has happened to me 8 times now in which when i'm about to win, the enemy player dosnt do anything and then it says disconnected with the defeated page. This only happens when i'm about to win and never does this when i'm losing. Its not consistent but it does happen, even a player I vsed last again and it happened again.

This could just be a bad timing coincidence but I just would like to be sure.

cheers.

Please make sure nothing is interfering with the stability of your connection (on your or your ISPs side) and with the smooth running of the game.

If the problem persists, please contact our tech support through the form available here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

warlordgrey;n9459001 said:
Are you planning to do something with mulligan?
It's just upsetting when you try to hide some card (like rouch or witch and etc) and it still popups all 3 rounds.

Yes, we're looking into it.

Since ST deck is getting popular now and Morhenn is seeing a lot of play could you clarify which is correct?

Cyprian Wiley into Morhenn. Would CW destroy Morhenn before her ambush ability trigger ( as his deploy ability says ) or Morhenn would trigger first and hit CW before he could destroy Morhenn ( what happens in the game ).

So is the current interaction between Morhenn and CW where Morhenn triggers first is correct? Or it's a bug?

esra01;n9461281 said:
So is the current interaction between Morhenn and CW where Morhenn triggers first is correct? Or it's a bug?

I'd like to add my questions too. Enemy Morenn and Toruviel now activate even If I passed preemptively, though I think Toruviel gave my opponent only 6 points instead of 14. Is it the correct interaction, or just a bug?

Also, when playing Redanian Elite into Morenn, Morenn doesn't trigger before Elite's deploy ability (gain 4 armor).

And the last question: most abilities and spells in the game do not affect an entire row, except for Lacerate and Merigold's Hailstorm. Are you going to implement some cap to them?

Are you planning to give a new ability to cards that lost their ability but got a Power buff, like Manticore or Geralt? Doesn't seem worth using them in most cases when others cards' abilities offer more potential value.

And how come Harpy eggs spawn 1 attack, no ability Harpy Hatchling, when Arachas BoBs spawn Arachas Hatchlings that are identical in value to normal Arachas?

About Morenn and units with armor, if Morenn activates when the opponent plays a unit with "deploy: gain armor" then shouldn't the damage hit the unit's power instead of stripping armor?

Last edited:
dynameis.chen;n9396051 said:
Traditional Chinese language is still in progress or not?

We would like to add it one day and we're working on making it possible.

esra01;n9461281 said:
Since ST deck is getting popular now and Morhenn is seeing a lot of play could you clarify which is correct?

Cyprian Wiley into Morhenn. Would CW destroy Morhenn before her ambush ability trigger ( as his deploy ability says ) or Morhenn would trigger first and hit CW before he could destroy Morhenn ( what happens in the game ).

You are right, at the moment Morenn will trigger first and hit Cyprian Wiley. We're aware of this issue and we will be working on the priority system to make it more intuitive.

DavyGhost;n9467371 said:
I'd like to add my questions too. Enemy Morenn and Toruviel now activate even If I passed preemptively, though I think Toruviel gave my opponent only 6 points instead of 14. Is it the correct interaction, or just a bug?

Also, when playing Redanian Elite into Morenn, Morenn doesn't trigger before Elite's deploy ability (gain 4 armor).

And the last question: most abilities and spells in the game do not affect an entire row, except for Lacerate and Merigold's Hailstorm. Are you going to implement some cap to them?

maja_ldm;n9491211 said:
About Morenn and units with armor, if Morenn activates when the opponent plays a unit with "deploy: gain armor" then shouldn't the damage hit the unit's power instead of stripping armor?

The bug where Morenn would activate at the end of the round has been fixed in the latest update. Toruviel should not activate if it was played after the opponent has passed, we'll look into it.

You are right about Redanian Elite and Morenn, at the moment Redanian Elite will gain 4 armor before Morenn hits it. It's similar issue to the one I commented above and we'll be working on making priority system more intuitive.

Firekangaroo;n9472031 said:
How many of you at CDPR have read Sapkowski's books?

There are plenty of The Witcher novels fans here in the studio (myself included). Many of us grew up with them.

I heard Gwent will get a full release on steam. Will i be able to transfer my progress, from the Beta on GOG to my steam account? If not i dont see a point in playing the beta for hours if you will loose all progress when moving to steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom