GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why there are common and rare cards? Silvers and Golds have matching rarity with their respective colors. Wouldnt be simpler to have another color for common cards (Copper for example)?

In the same spirit, why are leaders a seperate color in the filter when they are gold? Again, wouldnt it be easier to have them be their own color (for example Platinum)?

Gotta ask why are Common cards (66 effectively 198) rarer than Rare Cards (100 effectively 300)?

I think think this should be remedied in next patch, by knocking half of the Rare Cards to Common category, and of course granting full mill value (new full value of 30 scraps of course, not 80) for a few days.

Will we have some fancy premium art for Letho in the near future? :(

... something like Serrit (swap), maybe... please?

partci;n9805741 said:
Will we have some fancy premium art for Letho in the near future? :(

... something like Serrit (swap), maybe... please?
Along that line of thinking, will CDPR update cards for better premium versions that need the improvement? There are still several cards that are way too stagnant for premium versions, and even more generally speaking, a few cards could use new artwork designs altogether (although many cards are satisfying). I was also wondering specifically about Tuirseach Axeman getting a better premium version.

First, I would really like to thank to thank CDPR and its' devs for such a great game. I have a few questions related to card mechanics.

Questions on Summoning Circle.
-With regards to its current interaction with face-down ambush cards, was this intended or not? What was your thought process on this?
-With regards to its interaction with Artifact Decompression and Coral, I tried to use Summoning Circle as a counter before the latest update and that didn't work. I tried to do it again after the latest update just to see, and was able to spawn the non-Gold card before Jade Figurine, twice out of 8 or 9 times. Which is the glitch and which was intended? How exactly is Summoning Circle supposed to work with Artifact Decompression (or Coral)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferjoth;n9714291 said:
Is there a reason why there are not characters from the first Witcher game in the Gwent cards? There are great ones that are missing like Jacques de Aldersberg, Roderick de Wett, Kalkstein, Azar Javed and the Professor. Thank you for your time!

cajsoccer;n9783931 said:
Where are the soldiers from Aedirn? We need some Vengerberg representation up in this. LOL:cheers:

We will be adding new cards all the time, so there's a good chance you'll find your favourite characters in GWENT at some point! I cannot give you any details as to what cards we'll be adding though.

TerribleTuna;n9728041 said:
I'm a little confused about the wording for the character portraits for this season's ranked rewards: Do I need to stay at rank 10 to obtain the Ciri reward/rank 20 for the Iorveth reward? Or can I continue climbing and still receive both of them should I be at, say, 21?

You can continue climbing - for example: all players who have rank 10 or higher will receive the Ciri avatar.

Do you aim to rework the level rewards in the near future?
Perhaps to replace the keg and scrap reward levels with rare cosmetical rewards for hitting milestones.

I perfectly understand that you can't distribute even more Meteorite powder and scraps, nonetheless 100 scraps/1 keg feel/s a little odd past level 50 or 60; the Meteorite Powder on the other hand is pretty pleasing.

Greetings! In one of my last matches my opponent played a summoning circle upon Vilgefortz, who was demoted by shackles by me one turn before. My opponent could generate a gold Vilgefortz. Summoning circle's text says 'spawn a base copy of the last bronze or silver unit any player placed on the board'. So that is a misbehaviour, or did I misunderstand or miss something?

Hi, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right question to ask here, but will gwent be available to Mac? Might be more of a techy question but would still like to know. Thanks

In midwinter cards there are no row restrictions for any card. Does it mean row restrictions will be removed completely?

Raunbjorn

Are you moving away from cards being bound to a specific row and what are your thoughts on RNG? Will there be more RNG coming into the game?

Hi guys, hat down for all you are doing. I am alex and I have a question: do you plan to rework unplayable golds ? (yen con, ciri , succubus etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom