Gwent beta live stream with developers 03.07.2017

+
Pruny;n9056150 said:
Hjalmar reduced to 13, and maidens only 1 point damage pls...

or 2 str but 1 damage. and of course no veteran

it is funny how some cards are so OP tho, makes wonder what devs think in those moments.

Crones: 20 str silver who cannot be blacklisted.

maidens: up to 15 str + 6 damage + deck thinning with blacklist capacity, synergy with the best SK gold, can shut down key target if needed instead.

average value : 25/30 for bronze ahahahahhah just amazing :)))

or they should like now, but silver

no need for nerfing too much, look what hapened with NG, which nobody plays it anymore

NR has the infantries, DBL calvaries which can create a +21 swing if combined with the Kaedweni; and oh the Reavers, the Reavers, how many points can they generate? I have played them all: NR, MO, SK, NG, ST; to be fair, the aforementioned units should also be as hated as the maidens.

Last edited:
honesty.
even if you make 1 str, with veteran.
round 3 is: 9 + combo with Hjalmar
in the end of the day it is +34, with your suggested change to the gold still +32.
if you use on another card 9 + 6 = 15

crones take 3 silver slots(very important) and give 20 swing. and they can destroy your hand if you draw, because no blacklist

I'm not saying make them silver, but I am saying that for a bronze, they should be at least 3 different copies and you cannot blacklist them, because as for now they are better then crones.

probably 2 str 2 damage and no veteran could do:)

I think 1 point damage would not change much, because after frost and 3 damage the lord is at 1 stat, very easy to kill

Last edited:
I dont see maidens in round 3 too much. Also about NR i hate thaler + cavalery combo which give them a extra card for free.

Pruny;n9056490 said:
no need for nerfing too much, look what hapened with NG, which nobody plays it anymore

Actually I see a lot of NG players, those who use Voorhis or Calveit in Ranked still know how to make Tibor really hurt.

Don't worry about NG, save for Emhyr it's perfectly playable.

Quite honestly, I was expecting less. Some good changes here, some not that good. Good work on the chat as well as the new cards.

But I have to ask, why the Leo nerf? He's a pretty tame gold now.

The nerf to the Wild Hunt archtype is just ridiculous...it needed support not a nerf..the nerf to Frost was reasonable and yet they went to hit Hound and Caranthir as well? the deck could not match Skellige and Nilfgaard as it was..now it's just dead in the water. Nithral still terrible. guess i'm sitting this patch out.

Yeah, monsters were hit hard. Quite a few of their cards got nerfed and with the frost nerf, they'll be next to useless. Also, rain is the new frost.

Good changes:
- frost. Superb. Stops x-men a liitle.
- aeromancy, cant spam second white frost.
- renew!!! Finally, cant steal opponent's cards!!! Liked how they explained exactly as I thought, about whoever renewed gold card first.
- kaedweni sergant, or whatever its name, now cant add armor to non-machines, which is kinda great for me (the only deck I had troubles to win against with Dagon), and pretty much dead deck to nr fans.

I hoped to be better changes:
- Kambi. Still OP. still cant do nothing about it if your opponent played it right. 25-11 and 23-16 is big difference, yeah, but if played right, you can lock all golds of your opponent and play avalach/regis and 100% win.
- bears. Didnt get it.

Terrible changes!!!
- regis higher vampire. The very powerful card against spotters and eithne. Now dead.
- calveit and cahir cant draw golds. Nilfgaard officialy dead. You can use all your bronze/silvers and never draw gold. Rip spy nilfgaard.
​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​

​​​​​

DarkShuyin;n9061060 said:
The nerf to the Wild Hunt archtype is just ridiculous...it needed support not a nerf..the nerf to Frost was reasonable and yet they went to hit Hound and Caranthir as well? the deck could not match Skellige and Nilfgaard as it was..now it's just dead in the water. Nithral still terrible. guess i'm sitting this patch out.

As a player whose favorite deck is Wild Hunt I feel a little abashed, but I realized that it's not the huge nerf it looks, because of changes to cards outside MS.

For example:
-Renew can only target your own graveyard, so no more people stealing your Caranthir.
-Caranthir himself has not been nerfed too much; power from 5 to 7 is good (in round 3 he's still playable by himself), and being able to move 3 units instead of 5 is not a big deal considering the Frost does not act on a large scale anymore. (also, you rarely had to move more than 3 units anyway) I see more consistency.
-Nithral increases the ticking damage a lot, just wait to see him in action for 5-6 turns. Also, 7 Str is much better than 4 + 2 armor. Again, more consistent.
-SK cheese has been nerfed to the ground, no more oppressive axemen or shieldmaiden, no more huge morkwarg or 25 pts hyalmar (just lock the LoU), the result is that the Str the main meta could muster is gone; everyone (not just MS) get a huge boost by reflex.
-NR has the engineer only armoring machines, so the weather effectiveness is increased
-Now that you are no longer forced to put control removals like Alzur to deal with bears, you have more room for synergy cards (like they told directly), the enemy will be forced to work to disrupt Frost strategy.

I bet that less than one week from the hotfix Wild Hunt Deck will be a Tier 2 or better.

To arms, Brothers in Frost! Let's make our enemies as dead as a greaser!:evil2:

Celestes666;n9061690 said:
Good changes:
​​​​​

:facepalm2:
What should be in human's head to come up with this...Nice to meet you Mr.Forest Gump.

Not a huge fan of the decoy nerf, it pretty much decreases my Braenn - Milva deck point potential by up to 18 points, which is HUGE.

Good changes:

Terrible changes!!!
- regis higher vampire. The very powerful card against spotters and eithne. Now dead.
- calveit and cahir cant draw golds. Nilfgaard officialy dead. You can use all your bronze/silvers and never draw gold. Rip spy nilfgaard.
​​​
​​​​​

They boosted Emhyr, so you can play more varieties (mostly spies) with him.
As a NG player I feel more than ok with those changes... We are back in the game.
I would be more than happy if they would make Reinfarn at least 5 str and Ciri 6.
Other than that, Calveit with golems is again playable combo and I don't feel Cahir is playble option anymore anyway (even in reveal is cutted out).
Regis Vamp can still be a problem against decks that boost specific cards inthere. Was a bit problematic for a gold card to be overwhelmed with the boost of a unit when same time that unit that had the boost it was resting in grave (without it anymore). So, I think is now more balanced and still a good option.

Besides all these changes, we have to keep in our mind to the upcoming "expansion" they said that will be in August.
So, this changes will affect meta only for 1 month and half season.
After that a new season along with new cards will hit the meta, then we will see if this changes are in a good road with the addition of the new cards that will bring.

Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n9060690 said:
Quite honestly, I was expecting less. Some good changes here, some not that good. Good work on the chat as well as the new cards.

But I have to ask, why the Leo nerf? He's a pretty tame gold now.

Because you can already get 16 points with him if you reveal a Niflgaardian Knight and dealing 16 with Spotters is too much since removal>strength.

Good changes:
- bears. Didnt get it.

Terrible changes!!!
- regis higher vampire. The very powerful card against spotters and eithne. Now dead.​​​

A lot of people seem to have the same idea that x-men were the problem and it was weather the one that enabled x-men to be better than it should (frost specifically) since if you think about it x-men die or get countered by so much stuff, for example Dbomb/Dshackle/Scorch/GIgni/Villen/anything that deals 5 or less (lots of cards can do this btw) and every faction has a Silver to lock+Cleaver.
Oh and I forgot the real hard counters wich are Mardrome/Peter since they straight up vanish the card so you cant even resurrect it.
So yeah since more people were crying about Axeman rather than frost we got an unnecesary nerf to Axeman :facepalm:

Bears were never OP, it just so happened that a lot of decks liked spawning cards from their deck so Savage Bear was getting more value than it should and now if you play your Arachas/Temerian Infantry/Shieldmaidens/Nekkers etc you will only get 1 unit damaged by the bears so it's a pretty big hit. If you still don't get it just wait till the patch hits and see how fewer decks will run it :cheers:

Regis was a very fair nerf since it could get more value than Tibor/Hjalmaar/Kayran by eating Spotter/DolBlathannaProtectors/ClanDimmunPirateCaptain and you were not only getting like 26 power gold but also getting rid of one of their stronggest units at the same time. Now you can still get rid of one of their strongest cards while not getting a crazy amount of points at the same time.

The RNG deities were with me after the stream. Opened 2 kegs, this is what I got as selection:

Keg 1: Iorveth, Assassination, Caranthir
Keg 2: Renew, Rainfarn, Priscilla

Only had Renew. First time I got to choose between 3 golds, let alone 2 kegs in succession.

I don't see what is that "simple change" that was supposed the change a lot for ST players. Is that the change for elven mercs from disloyal to loyal maybe?
Because the golds are still a a mess, the best one got nerfed once again and Saessenthesis , as well as several other still needs to be reworked to fits an archetype. Millva is worse because of Decoy's nerf. She was already terribly lacking in synergy, now she lacks even more, oh well.

Couldn't see the live stream. Any way to have an acurate overview of the changes or is CPDR still so unprofessional?? Is it too complicated to throw an article with the changes????

Edit: Nevermind, found it on reddit. So that confirms that "official" forum is quite useless

Last edited:
I always hate commenting on what was said after a stream

but as always change is good,just curious to see how well it plays out over the next couple weeks.

I think weather was a nice change...like the other 5 times
I personally would like to have seen it hit both sides
but..maybe this will help with spam

Top Bottom