Gwent beta live stream with developers 03.07.2017

+
Cybershot;n9074440 said:
Have you played the NR faction lately? Their Trebuchets and Ballistas used to ignore armor, now they don't. That is, a Ballista will no longer insta-remove an Axeman, even a double-reinforced Ballista will no longer remove a Behemoth etc. You might well argue this is a NERF rather than a BUFF to NR.

aside from Axeman, there aren't really that many Armor around, and those are mainly in NR.
and the Axeman deck got a huge nerf anyway, so it's not that much of a problem that they can't be killed in one shot.

Interesting changes. Seems mostly good to me.
Just two things I would say.

- I don't know how weather will play out after the patch. It seems better indeed but the futur will tell us.
- I'm not sure about the +1 strenght of the bear. I feel like the unit would have been already pretty strong at 6, even with the change but again, we will see.

Anyway, thx guys for the work you're doing. As always, it's great to have a good team like yours to take care of the balance of the game.

DarkShuyin;n9073880 said:
1: Right back at you, if you DO think weather was that much of a problem I don't consider you a good player either, Now i'm not the casual weather scrub that implies that weather was okay the way it was (it's not) the problem was more the cards that abused weather. don't get me wrong, i'm fine with the frost hit. destroying the entire archetype with it however, i'm not fine with.
(P.S I didn't have weather removal in my deck ;) weather can be countered by many ways)

2: I agree, different for the Wild Hunt archetype though (if we're talking just Frost) CDPR designed that archetype to run with the Frost engine, take that engine out and the deck literally dies. so for Wild Hunt it was designed as an auto-include and i'm pretty sure CDPR designed it that way, maybe a misplay from their side. I also hear that people view it as the ''easiest way to play'' and yes sadly that is true, it's a very straightforward tactic for the regular player, I played it differently though. I used cards that other weather players weren't even running (as I mentioned my methods regarding evaiding weather are..rogue-ish compared to your regular weather player) it can be played at a very intelligent level, though sadly because of it's..straightforwardness..it got abused.

3: That's how I feel when my entire hand is revealed against a Nilfgard player, yet they get buffed. tell me, how is it ''fun'' to play against someone who knows exactly what you're playing and can play accordingly? how is that not ''oppressive''?

I like Deckbuilding and making stuff that no one else has thought of, been this way with many card games. won many tournaments as a result too. either CDPR needs to balance weather in a good way without totally killing it, or they need to make archtypes like Dagon Fog and Eredin Frost viable without needing the weather cards.

1. You clearly did not play the game when the weather effect simply decreased all the units strength to 1. The person who had the last say was in a huge advantage as he could easily win with just one card played at the end. I do not understand how you see that as a healthy mechanic and this just only proves my point about weather mains. Doesn't matter how unhealthy the mechanic is, they do not see anything wrong with it.

3. NG is probably the 2nd worst faction so I do not understand why you whine about it. Reveal NG also reveals his own hand and there is unquestionably a ton more strategy involved. NG doesn't revolve around spamming the easiest mechanic until the opponent has no answers to it. Comparing reveal to weather is incredibly silly. I'd rather see meta reveal NG than Weather. Playing against weather player is like playing vs a bot. I see no difference in skill level and it is the most irritating and unfun archetype to play against

I like the weather changes. People who used to spam it are going to have to learn to actually play the game. Maybe look into making it symmetrical again?

NG leader nerfs ar a bit unnecessary. I understand it's basically Renew for round 3 if you thinned your deck properly, which is easy enough to do with spies. However, Calveit's draw is that he lets you plan ahead. So maybe have players be able to see all 3 top cards, just not be able to draw golds.

One thing to look into going forward, is maybe reducing the number of agile units and returning some of that tactical gameplay. At the very least, have units' abilities be tied to rows, while still keeping them agile. For example, trebuchets work normally from the siege rows but are only a 6 str card on any other row. Or maybe buff units' abilities/damage if they're on the correct row and nerf them if they're not.

One thing I must agree on, which was brought up several times on stream, is the term "new player", meaning casual. Catering to the lowest common denominator just creates a mess of a game that's neither casual nor competitive.

I don't want the game to require a college degree and several books to understand. But I don't want it to be a casual, braindead mess. I never played a card game prior to Gwent. I got in because I like Witcher. I took my time to understand what I'm playing. It's not like this requires some serious thought. It's common sense, coupled with practice. You can put an "I win" button and casuals who have no interest in the game will still complain that it's too hard to just push it. Don't insult people's intelligence. Anyone with half a brain and common sense will be able to get into the game easily, so don't worry about Jimmy Casual. They'll drop the game after a month anyway.

The patch isnt even out yet but there's already a new variation of xmen on DB. FMH.:facepalm2:

P.S. How long will it take for devs to finally fix the core of the problem? Interesting...:hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
nunqmuo;n9077880 said:
The patch isnt even out yet but there's already a new variation of xmen on DB. FMH.:facepalm2:

P.S. How long will it take for devs to finally fix the core of the problem? Interesting...:hmm:

Ah, so it begins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom