Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

Join us live on Tuesday, June 6th, at 9PM CEST (12PM PDT) on the CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel! We'll be talking about the upcoming update! As always we'll be answering your questions, so be sure to stop by!

Last edited:
Nice, patch incoming. If you could do something about weather and how dumb the orders keyword is (no offense guys, but that was a terrible idea) i would really appreciate it. Nowdays you can't go in ranked unless you have a 25+ powerplay round 1.

SkippyHole;n8793740 said:
I was expecting a patch with a couple of fixes soon, but this looks like we might get something major. Interesting.

right, maybe they will deploy the closed beta version, you know, the one that actually worked. - no invisible cards, no invisible weather, no "mulligan black screen" overlay stuck for entire match, ...

I really hope they'll go "screw the cards now, we are fixing bugs, exploits and other glitches."

PandaLin;n8794550 said:
I hope I can rewatch it on youtube. Sadly I have no time tomorrow to watch it live ;-(
I'm fairly certain that you will be able to rewatch it on Twitch. CDPR usually uploads streams to youtube with a 1-2 day delay.

I'm considering to stop playing until they do something with weather cards. Just about to buy some kegs but nvm, too boring to play atm.

Yea just bring closed beta cards back with eventually some small changes and Gwent will be playable again

At least formulate the card power models. Definitely the bronze cards are 8+ now and the silver ones can be much beyond 10. Details aside, in this current patch players are not allowed to make enough meaningful choices, the mechanics are fixed and less free. Hope to find something really innovative this time.

time to say goodbye to all the crappy players who rely on a broken nilfgaard deck LMAO!!! I hope they nerf golems and make rot tosser silver or make it doomed and relentless.also vics need to be silver or like merchant said just banish a unit and boost like 3. not resurrect a beast card 3 or more times with your 3 bronze vicks and decoying/resing them

Let me tell you a story...

It was a sunny day. A beautiful one. The 6th of June. Tibor walked out of his tent and looked around. He thought so too, this day is going to be just as wonderful as the day before. He started walking in the direction of the kitchen, today they served his favourite meal for lunch. You guessed it right, mashed potatoes with thick gravy. It was at this moment... it happened so fast... he didn't even realise it until it was already too late. Tibor looked to the right, knowing that his fate was already sealed. A dwarf, from the heart of Mahakam, oh yes, he knew the face...Brouver Hoog, running with a hammer... a big one, and in his last conscious moment Tibor saw the ancient runes, written on Broovers hammer, and he remembered this word for the rest of his life. That's right... nerf! That was the word he saw that day on the side of the hammer, and the 6th of June became his least favourite day of the year. Now tuck yourself in bed children, tomorrow is the day our old friend Tibor fears the most!

P.S.: On the 7th of June Tibor awoke with a scar on his forehad. The scar resembled a word. There were only four letters he could make out while looking into the mirror: C_D_P_R

Tibor and NG doesn't need a nerf ( maybe Tibor should be a 20 gold instead of 25, since most of the time he'll pull also roach ). Weather need, and Ciri too. Game is pretty balanced beside that, if u loose too much to tibor maybe u should run D bomb and shackles... or just learn how to play a game which requires brain ;D.

Cricco89;n8799630 said:
Tibor and NG doesn't need a nerf ( maybe Tibor should be a 20 gold instead of 25, since most of the time he'll pull also roach ). Weather need, and Ciri too. Game is pretty balanced beside that, if u loose too much to tibor maybe u should run D bomb and shackles... or just learn how to play a game which requires brain ;D.

Ciri needs a nerf, but NG golems don't? Really?

Cricco89;n8799630 said:

What, so I can toggle his gold and lock him without affecting his strength, thus requiring an additional card afterwards to actually deal with him in any significant way?

The dude gives you 25 Gold points just for dropping him, the drawn bronze beeing worth about 8 on average, so that is effectively a 17 power swing for no real strategy other than playing him. He even gives 10 in a worst case scenario of the opponent having passed. That is still an unbuffed Geralt in a worst case scenario, not great but 10 points is nothing to sneeze at.

For comparision, a perfectly executed Old Speartip will give you a 22 point swing (2 buff, 10 from body, 10 damage dealt to enemy side) but requires 5 non-armored, non-gold, non-shielded targets on a single enemy row and 2 cratures on the same row on your side. In a worst case scenario, he i a pathetic 5 power.

A card like Imlerith gives you a 16 power swing, but requires setup in the form of Frost, a card like Philipa Eilhart does the same again provided she gets absolutely maximum value out of her ability. Both can run far lower if the board is bad for them.

Tibor pulls home those average 17 Power Swings, with the possibility for far more given the low power of some bronze cards, like if he pulled those D-Shackles you suggest with no followup like Scorch on your hand, simply by beeing played. There is no risk compared to the massive reward in the card, no setup or thought beyond playing him.

Top Bottom