Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
I didn't get to watch the stream, was the update/patch date announced?

Last edited:
Seykan;n8801530 said:
I didn't get to watch the stream, was the update/patch date announced?

Stream hasn't come out yet. Still around 11 hours of waiting before it starts.

TriforceDragon;n8800410 said:
What, so I can toggle his gold and lock him without affecting his strength, thus requiring an additional card afterwards to actually deal with him in any significant way?

The dude gives you 25 Gold points just for dropping him, the drawn bronze beeing worth about 8 on average, so that is effectively a 17 power swing for no real strategy other than playing him. He even gives 10 in a worst case scenario of the opponent having passed. That is still an unbuffed Geralt in a worst case scenario, not great but 10 points is nothing to sneeze at.

For comparision, a perfectly executed Old Speartip will give you a 22 point swing (2 buff, 10 from body, 10 damage dealt to enemy side) but requires 5 non-armored, non-gold, non-shielded targets on a single enemy row and 2 cratures on the same row on your side. In a worst case scenario, he i a pathetic 5 power.

A card like Imlerith gives you a 16 power swing, but requires setup in the form of Frost, a card like Philipa Eilhart does the same again provided she gets absolutely maximum value out of her ability. Both can run far lower if the board is bad for them.

Tibor pulls home those average 17 Power Swings, with the possibility for far more given the low power of some bronze cards, like if he pulled those D-Shackles you suggest with no followup like Scorch on your hand, simply by beeing played. There is no risk compared to the massive reward in the card, no setup or thought beyond playing him.
Your argument is flawed. First Old Speartip sucks and you'll see no one running it. Hence comparing it to one of the worst gold in the game is not fair. Anything is OP compared to speartip. As for Philippa and co. they don't give your opponent a free card and the option to play the last card in round 3. I don't particularly like Tibor myself but i don't see it broken nor OP like others.

Tibor himself is fine however it is the high tempo play that the golems bring that makes him really powerful as your opponent wouldve spent lots of cards just to keep up with your high tempo move. Dropping Tibor gives a huge point swing and since you will probably have card advantage due to the high tempo play in R1 and Ciri in R2 giving them a bronze does not matter. In closed beta the Orders ability wasn't a thing so Tibor was fine.

DMaster2;n8793560 said:
Nice, patch incoming. If you could do something about weather and how dumb the orders keyword is (no offense guys, but that was a terrible idea) i would really appreciate it. Nowdays you can't go in ranked unless you have a 25+ powerplay round 1.

You'd think that would mean a patch incoming yet no sign of one. I would expect a patch before the livestream but I won't hold my breath

Voyagers;n8802570 said:
Tibor himself is fine however it is the high tempo play that the golems bring that makes him really powerful as your opponent wouldve spent lots of cards just to keep up with your high tempo move. Dropping Tibor gives a huge point swing and since you will probably have card advantage due to the high tempo play in R1 and Ciri in R2 giving them a bronze does not matter. In closed beta the Orders ability wasn't a thing so Tibor was fine.
I agree with this, in fact i'd LOVE to see orders gone from this game. It's just awful as it is now, where only tempo and weather control are viable

TheDyingScotsman;n8803360 said:
You'd think that would mean a patch incoming yet no sign of one. I would expect a patch before the livestream but I won't hold my breath
CDPR always did a stream before dropping a patch. So it's not out of the ordinary.

Guys maybe you should consider adding a Spectate mode or something among with all other changes? And also is it possible for a game mode that goes 2vs2 cooperative?

TriforceDragon;n8800410 said:
What, so I can toggle his gold and lock him without affecting his strength, thus requiring an additional card afterwards to actually deal with him in any significant way?

The dude gives you 25 Gold points just for dropping him, the drawn bronze beeing worth about 8 on average, so that is effectively a 17 power swing for no real strategy other than playing him. He even gives 10 in a worst case scenario of the opponent having passed. That is still an unbuffed Geralt in a worst case scenario, not great but 10 points is nothing to sneeze at.

For comparision, a perfectly executed Old Speartip will give you a 22 point swing (2 buff, 10 from body, 10 damage dealt to enemy side) but requires 5 non-armored, non-gold, non-shielded targets on a single enemy row and 2 cratures on the same row on your side. In a worst case scenario, he i a pathetic 5 power.

A card like Imlerith gives you a 16 power swing, but requires setup in the form of Frost, a card like Philipa Eilhart does the same again provided she gets absolutely maximum value out of her ability. Both can run far lower if the board is bad for them.

Tibor pulls home those average 17 Power Swings, with the possibility for far more given the low power of some bronze cards, like if he pulled those D-Shackles you suggest with no followup like Scorch on your hand, simply by beeing played. There is no risk compared to the massive reward in the card, no setup or thought beyond playing him.

Im running Dagon weather deck and i must say that Crone and Dagon turn 1 for 35ish point + fog, with 2 cards, is much more OP then a Tibor turn 3... is just my opinion, but Nilfgaard is not the faction to look at talking about OP stuff

Last edited:
Scoiatel has also some crazy start which puts about 40 strength in one move on the battlefield. Faced it several times and you often can only pass and give up the round.

Guest 4021160

I am absolute NR fan. I want to make it work and prefer it over any other faction. It pains me to see what an utterly garbage a faction it has become. Nothing works. Most of combos has to have at least 3 turns to start working by which time NG tempo gains 30 point advantage. Any control kills it. I'd like it more robust. It would make sense to be a low tempo, but tanky deck, especially the siege archetype. Also why would venom or lacerate damage a damn trebuchet. Venom vs trebuchet. It is a damn piece of wood and nails and ropes. OK, for sake of argument, lets assume venom kills trebuchet crew. What happens to treb itself. It just stands there. Manticore venom should make trebuchet stop firing, but shouldn't remove the body.

On the flip side there's so much potential to this faction I know this patch will reward me as a pure NR player for my patience. I say NAY to NR the way it is now. Consequently I say NAY to gwent.

Priscilla - countdown ability changed from "move to the bottom of your deck" to "shuffle into your deck".

Please change Priscilla! She is absolutely worthless, with or without that shuffle...

Guest 4021160

Celestes666;n8806050 said:
For me, NR is the strongest faction, and I fear very much it wont stay that way...))

I hope you're not talking about reaver hunter unpleasantness.

Karolis.petrikas;n8805590 said:
I am absolute NR fan. I want to make it work and prefer it over any other faction. It pains me to see what an utterly garbage a faction it has become. Nothing works.

I have climbed to 1900 MMR with a NR deck. Not only that, but it doesn't have Reaver Hunters and has only one non-default gold card (Igni). Perhaps it's because pretty much no one plays NR (i played against NR 4 or 5 times in 50+ games) and doesn't know how to play against this deck, but I had around 67% winrate on the ladder and almost 80% winrate in casual.

But you are right, I am starting to think that ~2000 MMR is the ceiling for this deck. Wish NR could do better.

Guest 4021160

Esmer;n8807370 said:
I have climbed to 1900 MMR with a NR deck. Not only that, but it doesn't have Reaver Hunters and has only one non-default gold card (Igni). Perhaps it's because pretty much no one plays NR (i played against NR 4 or 5 times in 50+ games) and doesn't know how to play against this deck, but I had around 67% winrate on the ladder and almost 80% winrate in casual.

But you are right, I am starting to think that ~2000 MMR is the ceiling for this deck. Wish NR could do better.

----------
I wander what deck you're using. light cavarly + dandelion perhaps? I really really fail to see how else you could have achieved 2000MMR. I really do.

Top Bottom