Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
soph912;n8805930 said:
Priscilla - countdown ability changed from "move to the bottom of your deck" to "shuffle into your deck".

Please change Priscilla! She is absolutely worthless, with or without that shuffle...
Priscilla is garbage. The fix would be easy, same effect but when the countdown hit 0 she silence herself. Problem solved, the card is now at least playable

Cricco89;n8804170 said:
Im running Dagon weather deck and i must say that Crone and Dagon turn 1 for 35ish point + fog, with 2 cards, is much more OP then a Tibor turn 3... is just my opinion, but Nilfgaard is not the faction to look at talking about OP stuff

Totally agree on that if you except the tempo golems combo.

Karolis.petrikas;n8808100 said:
----------
I wander what deck you're using. light cavarly + dandelion perhaps? I really really fail to see how else you could have achieved 2000MMR. I really do.

No Dandelion, I told the only non-default gold I have is Igni. Kaedweni Sergeants + Blue Stripes Commandoes + Reaver Scouts + Temerian Footsoldiers + Blue Stripes Scouts against weather. The rest is pretty standard: Taler, Dethmold, Cleaver, Margarita (yes, I have two locks), Reinforcements, Commanders Horn. I had Ves but replaced her with Margarita since trio effect triggers very rarily. Also tried Trololo to help with trio and to protect my other units against Igni.

I tried cavalry (armor heavy) deck, but it sucks even against weather even though it looks to be good.

I didn't reach 2000 yet, my best MMR was around 1950, and then I lost a couple games.

Last edited:
Overall very welcomed changes except for queensguard, dunno, feels unnecessary. Tibor is still playable, and NG spy decks too ( maybe too much downgrade for too many creatures ). The only unnecessary buff in my opinion is for the consume creatures. Very dangerous changes, we will see.

Skeilige is finally RIP from my side but always going to be my beloved faction for sure. Still going to play in casual though.

I don't really get the change to protectors. They weren't OP but ST spelldeck was just extremely annoying to play against. If you make them worse less people will play ST spelldeck (which was already worse than NG spell deck) but it's still the same annoying thing. Nerfing cards so that as few people as possible play it...I don't know....

edit: A special card limit would have been a better solution in my opinion

Cricco89;n8810290 said:
The only unnecessary buff in my opinion is for the consume creatures. Very dangerous changes, we will see.
Yes, nobody were playing them...thats how it should be

Last edited:
So... Everything will stay the same? Weather will still be a mindless spam fest, gold weather will still heavily punish you for correctly spacing your units against bronze weather, spella'tael will still work the same even if slightly nerfed, spellgaard will still work exactly the same, orders will remain deck thinning to infinity.

Huh.

Did not see this one coming. Maybe it's time for a pause before I start losing my faith in the game? =(

Basically I don't think queensguard can be played anymore without draig bon dhu being used several times + operator and cerys (meaning, all the appropriate silvers and gold) to be proper. Maybe even wild boar of the sea and renew to reuse it; too. By that I mean, that's no longer a good idea to run queensguard when you're not already having all those cards, when you're still early level with a lot of stuff from starter deck. To be playable they will require at the very least 1400 (to 3600 )scraps worth of cards, and that's in order to be playable, not to be competitive. Don't expect to win against nilfgard or any important graveyard hate with them with just that though.
The deck is probably still viable, just not competitive. but the queensguard alone ? Eeeeh I don't know. By round 3 rezing the shieldsmith is worth just as much (9str), and with so many peoples in early level playing frost after frost and SK being the only faction without a bronze unit that clear a row, one body rather than 3 is usually more efficient as well... With multiple draig bon dhu trigger then it can still give decents value. Errr... not as much as the protector for scoia, the reaver hunters for NR, and other big round 3 moves that didn't really got nerfed, but hey.

Last edited:
SK gutted, ST Movement not addressed, ST Mulligan about the same, Ida indirect nerf and still no offensive spell, MN weather buffed, NG slapped on the wrist.

At least NR got a bit of love...

Cmon guys, if i knew you would nerf qg for no reason i would have saved all those spare copies for full refund!

Trantyn;n8810740 said:
SK gutted, ST Movement not addressed, ST Mulligan about the same, Ida indirect nerf and still no offensive spell, MN weather buffed, NG slapped on the wrist.

At least NR got a bit of love...
SK is still playable, now you just need to focus more on morkvarg buffing (and/or olgierd) instead of the hunter bs (which you can still do, you simply can't revive a huge hunter). I agree that it was quite harsh on QG, but the savage bear priority switch was much needed. The rest is fine and this patch is going to be really fun to play with.

Cricco89;n8810290 said:
Overall very welcomed changes except for queensguard, dunno, feels unnecessary. Tibor is still playable, and NG spy decks too ( maybe too much downgrade for too many creatures ). The only unnecessary buff in my opinion is for the consume creatures. Very dangerous changes, we will see.

I don't think so. Bloody Baron and Priscilla are still unplayable.

Of course NG is still playable but Novices are useless now. Impera Golems probably not worth it. They mess up your draws/mulligan and require you to play Calveit early.

Savage Bear doesn't kill medics now before they trigger. This and the change to Brokvar Hunter is a nerf for SK.

Zefyris;n8810700 said:
Basically I don't think queensguard can be played anymore without draig bon dhu being used several times + operator and cerys (meaning, all the appropriate silvers and gold) to be proper. Maybe even wild boar of the sea and renew to reuse it; too. By that I mean, that's no longer a good idea to run queensguard when you're not already having all those cards, when you're still early level with a lot of stuff from starter deck. To be playable they will require at the very least 1400 (to 3600 )scraps worth of cards, and that's in order to be playable, not to be competitive. Don't expect to win against nilfgard or any important graveyard hate with them with just that though.
The deck is probably still viable, just not competitive. but the queensguard alone ? Eeeeh I don't know. By round 3 rezing the shieldsmith is worth just as much (9str), and with so many peoples in early level playing frost after frost and SK being the only faction without a bronze unit that clear a row, one body rather than 3 is usually more efficient as well... With multiple draig bon dhu trigger then it can still give decents value. Errr... not as much as the protector for scoia, the reaver hunters for NR, and other big round 3 moves that didn't really got nerfed, but hey.
QG will simply run operator as a staple now, and bran still buff the ones discarded with his effect. The only big issue are stealing like vicovaro medic and caretaker/katakan

A good news hidden in the midst of the changes for queensguard (and any decks with simmilar problem during automatic summoning/spawn of units) is the change for skellige storm btw. It nows hits left instead of right. the fact that you cannot avoid the rezed queensguards after the first one to go to the right even if you already played other gold/other units on the melee row made it highly vulnerable to SK storm right after the rez; basically a guaranteed 6 str hit to hit no matter what you did in preparation. You can now avoid that.
I know that's not a lot but that's.... something. I mean SK storm is such a threat to unprotected stacked row. Just having a gold on the left will now be enough to halve the initial impact.

Last edited:
Thoroughly "Meh".

Most big problems not addressed, several cards still beyond worthless and NG still left with ridiculous levels of tempo.

But hey, at least that pesky OP queensguard got nerfed right....right?....

C'mon CDPR, Sort it out.

soph912;n8810880 said:
Impera Golems probably not worth it.

Golems will always be worth it even if they wer 1 strength. Nothing changed, they still auto-include for NG; they should rework this card.

Anyone know if they are fixing the bug that makes the single player challenges un playable? I'd like to be able to finish them all.

Top Bottom