Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
Zjiin;n8810990 said:
But hey, at least that pesky OP queensguard got nerfed right....right?....

OP? Lmao. Not even close! They are quite weak actually. But i dont care really, right now i'm just farming kegs to get full refund on them.

Imperial golem are still as strong as before. The power swing lost 4 strength, sure, but that was only a bonus.

BTW can someone explain me the reason behind the change "Commander Neophyte armor removed "

I mean I don't get it, was that unit requiring a nerf? I'm not seeing anyone run pure mulligan deck right now. Sure a few buff this patch can make them look more attractive; but isn't it a bit early to nerf them by making them in range of alzur thunder right now?

Laveley;n8811170 said:
OP? Lmao. Not even close! They are quite weak actually. But i dont care really, right now i'm just farming kegs to get full refund on them.

I think that was irony xD.

Last edited:
Laveley;n8811070 said:
Golems will always be worth it even if they wer 1 strength. Nothing changed, they still auto-include for NG; they should rework this card.

I don't think so.
Golems are completely useless against weather decks (frost). They will die anyway...

The thinning is not important , btw.
I play with 28 or 29 cards and I certainly wouldn't without Golems...

Last edited:
Zefyris;n8811190 said:
I think that was irony xD.

But.... was it?

Seeing what the devs did there are actually a lot of people thinking qg's are actually good....

As for the neophyte. nothing changed, nobody will be playing that card anyways.....

Capnpunchy;n8811130 said:
Anyone know if they are fixing the bug that makes the single player challenges un playable? I'd like to be able to finish them all.

Yes, they are making them harder.

soph912;n8811280 said:
I don't think so.
Golems are completely useless against weather decks (frost). They will die anyway...

So? The points they give you are just a bonus.... you use them for the -3 deck space, not for the points.

I milled most of my leaders so that I could craft a half decent deck. I would never have done this if I'd known that leaders would only be obtainable through crafting and challenges. A net loss of 600 scraps (800-200) is simply not worth it (the game will be changed and balanced during it's life and all leaders will be viable and valuable one day). I don't demand my leaders back or a full refund in scraps (it was my choice in the end to mill them) but I think it would be fair if we were able to craft the leaders at mill cost (200 scraps each). Does anyone agree?

Laveley;n8811400 said:
So? The points they give you are just a bonus.... you use them for the -3 deck space, not for the points.

Nope! You have to be very careful to not to get milled with Nilfgaard spy. Therefore you run a deck with almost 30 cards. I have seen already Nilfgaard decks with 34 cards in a pretty high ranked game.

Wow, what a fail. They totally destroy SK. No QG, ridiculous nerf to hunter, lose veteran and regressive? Really???, so what are SK supposed to play now can a developer explain, cause for sure doesn't seem like anything meaningful left in that faction.

soph912;n8811590 said:
Nope! You have to be very careful to not to get milled with Nilfgaard spy. Therefore you run a deck with almost 30 cards. I have seen already Nilfgaard decks with 34 cards in a pretty high ranked game.

That 30 card deck isnt even the best spy build fyi. You seriously think people use golem just for the points?

soph912;n8811590 said:

Except anyone playing at remotely competitive level don't run more than 25 cards.

Avetohol;n8811680 said:
Wow, what a fail. They totally destroy SK. No QG, ridiculous nerf to hunter, lose veteran and regressive? Really???, so what are SK supposed to play now can a developer explain, cause for sure doesn't seem like anything meaningful left in that faction.

I agree they went way overboard with Skellige nerfs. I assume a self-wounding Warcrier archetype will emerge after he got buffed, but... I don't think that archetype has the steam to be viable over 3 rounds. We'll see, but I'm very sceptical.

Damn it, i don't think patch will change anything :(
Still we got spelliatel, ng thining, Tibor, Peter, ehhh

Laveley;n8811170 said:

I guess i should of put the /s on the end, figured it'd of been obvious enough sarcasm :p

Savage Bear - base strength upped from 4 to 5, ability now triggers AFTER enemy deploy effect.

If that line is true they pretty much killed the SK QG decks against NG. In fact any SK deck will be vulnerable against NG.

The bear (as annoying as it was) was pretty much the only card to counter vicovaro medic, but still NG could play around it by simply killing it or locking it. Now there will be literally nothing u can do to counter vicovaro medic going through ur graveyard. If u ask me such a strong card should have some kind of possible counter.

The bear was also pretty useful in mirror matches against freyas.

I don't think that a good idea, NG is pretty strong now as it is.

I do believe that 13 point with one card, in NG, was too much ( +1 card u pull out, so minimum 13 maximum 23 ). They only nerf i dont like is the 1 power to novices, 2 would have been better.

Golem are useful even at 1 power: pulling those cards from ur deck is still a quite huge tempo play and thinning.

I really dunno why they nerfed into the void queensguards, turn three they are a good play for sure but since the nerfed also the bear the QG play would have been very counterable.

I do really like the golden weather nerf too, they will be less impactfull now ( still very strong if not countered as soon as possible )

Overall i like the way CDPR think: they will left untouched the funny stuff in the game...kudos.

DMaster2;n8810900 said:
QG will simply run operator as a staple now, and bran still buff the ones discarded with his effect. The only big issue are stealing like vicovaro medic and caretaker/katakan

regardless, -6 total power was completly uneccessery, especially considering the huge nerf to QG due to bear change.

Rammyp;n8812210 said:
If that line is true they pretty much killed the SK QG decks against NG. In fact any SK deck will be vulnerable against NG.

The bear (as annoying as it was) was pretty much the only card to counter vicovaro medic, but still NG could play around it by simply killing it or locking it. Now there will be literally nothing u can do to counter vicovaro medic going through ur graveyard. If u ask me such a strong card should have some kind of possible counter.

The bear was also pretty useful in mirror matches against freyas.

I don't think that a good idea, NG is pretty strong now as it is.

Why should vicovaro medics have a counter and freyas not, except for mirror matches? NG can't rez from their own graveyard except putting something back in the deck.

Top Bottom