Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
Is there anywhere where I can read through the changes for the upcoming patch? What I'm getting from the discussion here already seems like they made some pretty annoying changes to my main faction SK (and left me without any counter against Vicovaro Medics, like, really? The Savage Bear was already only good as long as NG didn't destroy him first...). Why change something that can easily be played around anyway?

shroudb;n8812250 said:
regardless, -6 total power was completly uneccessery, especially considering the huge nerf to QG due to bear change.
Well i don't disagree, but i guess we'll have to see how they'll work after the change to get a reasonable picture.

soph912;n8812540 said:
Why should vicovaro medics have a counter and freyas not, except for mirror matches? NG can't rez from their own graveyard except putting something back in the deck.

Because Skellige can invest multiple cards (and thus turns) strengthening their own cards. Now Nilfgaard can play one bronze card and instantly steal that multiple turn investment. Plus, they can do this 3 times. There is literally nothing Skellige can do to stop this (excluding, of course, forfeiting or playing a different deck). It's not asking a lot to force Nilfgaard to at least play a two card combo before they get free reign over Skellige's graveyard (which is also in my opinion full of some of the most generally useful bronze units).

Savage Bear was fine as it was before. These changes have made a big problem out of what was previously a small one. There were only three cards that had a problem with Savage Bear: Unicorn/Chironex, Priestess of Freya, and Dudu. In my opinion, the new Vicovaro Novice should also be a 2 strength or have 1 armor, as the good Bear should not be able to block those. Those cards should have been adjusted and Savage Bear left alone. Savage Bear's primary value is keeping Nilfgaard out of Skellige's graveyard; it has some secondary value if your opponent will play a lot of units. If Skellige is to be the graveyard faction, it needs to be able to defend its graveyard.

soph912;n8812460 said:
You have no clue. This guy is competitive and this deck is fine:

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/19905-b...pls-nerf-jesus

Are you serious? He plays 3 novices for 2 emissaries and you believe it's a competitive deck?

Running anything above minimum cards number is simply turning the odds against yourself. Unless somehow a deck actually needs more cards to work (which is not the case at all for NG), you always aim for maximum consistency and maximum odds of controlling what you draw and when. That's why the 3 golems are so good with orders, they thin an extra 3 bronze cards from the deck.

​​​​​I honestly cannot figure this one out. Right now, I have no idea where CDPR is headed with this balancing. It seems like it's all over the place =/

jedart;n8811480 said:
I milled most of my leaders so that I could craft a half decent deck. I would never have done this if I'd known that leaders would only be obtainable through crafting and challenges. A net loss of 600 scraps (800-200) is simply not worth it (the game will be changed and balanced during it's life and all leaders will be viable and valuable one day). I don't demand my leaders back or a full refund in scraps (it was my choice in the end to mill them) but I think it would be fair if we were able to craft the leaders at mill cost (200 scraps each). Does anyone agree?

Completly agree.

In the closed beta u could obtain the heroes in barrels. I thought u could still earn them as any other golden card in the open beta, but they gave them to us in single player campaigns just for allowing people to try more decks or mill them to build a good deck so people dont get frustrated for dont having cards at the start.

No message alerted us that this had changed. No alert saying "Are you sure you want to scratch a facion leader? You wont get it back in any barrel!!!". What the fuck??

I agree with you, we should be able to reforge the leaders with their scratch profit, or in the other hand, be able to obtain them in barrels like previously.

CD Project Red, please, tell us ALL your changes to the game to dont repeat this annoying issue :(

Thanks!

Skryba86;n8813080 said:
Are you serious? He plays 3 novices for 2 emissaries and you believe it's a competitive deck?

Running anything above minimum cards number is simply turning the odds against yourself. Unless somehow a deck actually needs more cards to work (which is not the case at all for NG), you always aim for maximum consistency and maximum odds of controlling what you draw and when. That's why the 3 golems are so good with orders, they thin an extra 3 bronze cards from the deck.

​​​​​I honestly cannot figure this one out. Right now, I have no idea where CDPR is headed with this balancing. It seems like it's all over the place =/

not really, said deck actually often finishes with 0 cards even after putting 2 cards back with Assire

actually, going with 3 emisseries can overdraw you

lastly, 25 decks are not always the optimal for NG:
the optimal is always "playing all your cards consistently"
between a player that can play 22 loyal cards consistently, and another who can play 25 consistently, the advantage is obviously towards the one that plays the "most" cards, due to them adding overall more points

also Pasak is like top 10-50, i guess he's a bit more "competitive" than you

jedart;n8811480 said:
I milled most of my leaders so that I could craft a half decent deck. I would never have done this if I'd known that leaders would only be obtainable through crafting and challenges. A net loss of 600 scraps (800-200) is simply not worth it (the game will be changed and balanced during it's life and all leaders will be viable and valuable one day). I don't demand my leaders back or a full refund in scraps (it was my choice in the end to mill them) but I think it would be fair if we were able to craft the leaders at mill cost (200 scraps each). Does anyone agree?
Sorry but it's your fault, you should've known that milling leaders was a terrible idea from the start. And what are the odds of pulling them out of a keg anyway? If you mill a leader you should accept that somwhere down the road you have to waste 600 scraps to recraft them. Let's be realistic...

shroudb well, I won't argue with results, and I'd love to be proven wrong. Once there is something of a tournament for this version of the game, maybe we'll actually see any decks run over 25 cards and I'll tip my hat off to you guys, without a second thought.

As we stand, sorry if I won't take results so much to heart. Online ranking (especially 2 weeks into the game) is far from the competitive environment I'm referring to when I speak of a competitive deck.

In either case, I won't say I'm not quite surprised to hear that it's viable to run 2 emissaries and 3 novices to target those emissaries in a deck and get consistent results. I'd never have thought so, at all.

Oh, and for the record, following the competitive scene of games has nothing to do with actually competing. It's not hard for anyone to be more competitive than me, I've played gwent only for fun, even though I do follow the competitive scene when I get the chance to.

Last edited:
Skryba86;n8813080 said:

Yes I'm serious! Obviously you never got milled with Tibor as last card for example. Otherwise you wouldn't write such nonsense...
If you run a lot of spies (3Emissaries, Cantarella, de Wett) + First Lights + Cahir + 3 Vicovaro Novice + 3 Imperial Golems and you play with 25 cards you have no bronze cards left in the last round. So opponents Tibor is 25 points.

Last edited:
They finally nerfed the hunters! They were OP as hell. Resurecting a 13 strength bronze hunter in round 3 that attack you for 3 pts was insane! the savage bear is annoying as hell. it forbids me from playing fire elemental but i can live with it. Maybe the devs thought this nerf was needed.

Michelazz;n8814240 said:
They finally nerfed the hunters! They were OP as hell. Resurecting a 13 strength bronze hunter in round 3 that attack you for 3 pts was insane! the savage bear is annoying as hell. it forbids me from playing fire elemental but i can live with it. Maybe the devs thought this nerf was needed.

The savage bear makes me wonder... Why did they change it going from closed beta? It used to deal 1 damage to every played unit except spawned units. Now it only affects enemy units but also hits spawned units too. Weirdest change ever.

I would love to have a release date for the Patch... "Soon" was kinda disappointing since i don't really feel to play the game until the changes are online.

I think that they said within 5 days.

It was pretty dissapointed NG still too much OP, Skellige too much nerfed but the nerf to hunter was needed and NR still weak imho. Also i though they said something like the weather would be turn end but i dont see it now

XenthuX;n8814740 said:

It was pretty dissapointed NG still too much OP, Skellige too much nerfed but the nerf to hunter was needed and NR still weak imho. Also i though they said something like the weather would be turn end but i dont see it now

Yes, agree on that. Doesn't seem like NG will be affected that much, SK nerfed really bad. Hunter needed some nerf, but this is drastic and the worst thing is that SK seems left without any viable strategy for generating real steam to compete with stronger decks.

Maybe a stupid question, but is it safe to craft RNR now, can you be certain that when the patch hits you will get the 800 back? Thinking of crafting it since it could help me grind out some dailies. And then mill it after patch.

Or is the refund for nerfed cards just if you got them earlier. Yeah stupid question I know but just want to be certain I don't waste my crafting mats.

Can someone please explain to me what they said about card mill prices or card mill equal to card price?... I just didnt get it because of my not-so-perfect english level..

and i really would like to hear release date...
well, is it a day, a week, or a month..

XenthuX;n8814740 said:

Why does everyone say this? They said you will have 5 days since the patch drops to mill the nerfed cards for full value, NOT that the patch arrives in 5 days. How can anyone misunderstand that??

I am quite surprised that QG / Brokvar Hunter was viewed as problematic through the rationale that "you shouldn't be able to pull out 20-30 str. in one card", yet Reaver Hunters (easily a 40-75 point play, depending on Operator) remain unchanged. I am not really seeing the rationale.

There is an extreme amount of counter-play options to Skellige; graveyard hate (Vicovaro Medic, especially now after Savage Bear nerf, Katakan, Caretaker, Griffin), Direct Removal (Igni, Scorch, Mardroeme or Peter Saar r1 in the case of QG), Locks to prevent the CBH from growing, board manipulation (Drowner, Aard, Zoltan Chivay, Caranthir, Dwarven Merc next patch, Ciaran etc), as well as direct nukes (Alzur's etc...they don't instantly grow enormous).

With these changes, I've said it both in closed beta and now again in open beta: Skellige is inherently much, much weaker to counters than other factions as they rely very much on combos (be it longships + random filler + CBH, QG buffing in GY which makes for a low-tempo r1 loss more often than not, Warcriers self-wounding, and more) to boost units up to a level where their subsequent rounds revolve around ressing one or two of these units to match the win-conditions that other factions have available in round 3 (Dol Blathanna Protectors, Spotters, Villentrettenmerth + Tibor/Kayran/Ciri Dash, Crones + Harpy/earth elemental carry-over, Rainfarn into Joachim, Reaver Hunters, Dwarf carry-over, Ekimmara carry-over, Tibor / Kayran / Ciri Dash alone, Woodland Spirit + Foglet spam, Caretaker).
Their vulnerability to cards like Vicovaro Medic, Katakan, Caretaker, Necromancy, Letho are huge.

Skellige needs Valhalla; a way to protect a very limited number of cards from graveyard hate if CDPR wants Death and Resurrection to be the cardinal themes of the faction. That or Graveyard hate to be nerfed (yet Vicovaro Medic remains the same, Katakan just got buffed by +1, Letho got buffed and remains only "boosted" rather than strengthened, which is utter madness, Caretaker remains unchanged....).

myc24

Forum regular
Can we get an approximate time?

In the video they never really committed to a release time. I was wondering if we will be givin a approximate date for the patch?

Top Bottom