Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
Nimraphel;n8816400 said:
Mardroeme or Peter
that dont work against hunters

dont like katakan boost, i want caretaker to be 5 because in first round can be useless

Last edited:
Imperial Golemns still a thing sigh. It's the deck thinning not so much the value CDPR come on now..

SK's ship has sailed. ___|

Last edited:
Pruny;n8816800 said:
that dont work against hunters

dont like katakan boost, i want caretaker to be 5 because in first round can be useless

Read the words immediately after what you quoted: in the case of QG.

Nimraphel;n8816400 said:
Mardroeme or Peter Saar r1 in the case of QG

Livestream 6.6.

Hello
I was too busy yestreday , so I wasnt able to watch the stream.
Could someone write down the most important things mentioned in the livestream ?

So they plan on keeping the mess that currently inhibits the game. Weather spam, agile units, etc.

I was expecting a bit more, to be honest. NG had a slight nerf, while SK got slapped hard.

So it's safe to say that the mechanics that exist right now (agile units and weather, no weather immunity, etc. are here to stay? Not liking what they're doing but it's still a beta and I'm interested in seeing what else they come up with.

Very strange changes for me - I think in some areas they have overdone some things, in others they haven't done enough. Nilfgaard in particular, they will still play exactly the same, still be able to control everything and still be able to play 30-40 points in one turn. Stupidly unchanged. Skellige they seemed to go the other way with, I get the Hunter changed but the rest...why Queensguard? Why do you still want them to be destroyed by Nilfgaard? No real changes to spell-spamming Scoiatel, a slight nerf to Mulligan and little else No real changes to Northern Realms either, there's not enough changes to the base Machine cards (Siege Platform and Stennis needed higher base strength the most - the new crewmen is nice but won't impact how they play, and Natalis should have been like that in the first place), the Blue Stripes archetype still works fundamentally the same so it still won't really work, but worst of all, the Reaver Hunters are still the same. The weather changes are strange too, why not just say they spawn Fog/Rain on every row now (conceptually its interesting that Drought, which is usually a lack of rain, has exactly the same effect as too much rain)?

Not much of it is what I would have done. Hopefully as it's just a balance patch we'll see more impactful changes in the next one.

Snake_Foxhounder;n8820220 said:
So they plan on keeping the mess that currently inhibits the game. Weather spam, agile units, etc.

I was expecting a bit more, to be honest. NG had a slight nerf, while SK got slapped hard.

So it's safe to say that the mechanics that exist right now (agile units and weather, no weather immunity, etc. are here to stay? Not liking what they're doing but it's still a beta and I'm interested in seeing what else they come up with.

yup, this stream was waste of my data traffic.
This card will get +1 (30 seconds till he shows us the card with new number)
This card will get -1 (another 30 seconds of him struggling to find the card on controller just to show us new number )
repeat this for 30 minutes.

Yet no one mentioned the game out of sync exploit, invisible cards, invisible weathers, strength counter not working, ...
Game is barely playable and they are changing +/-1 strength.

Bugii;n8822590 said:
yup, this stream was waste of my data traffic.
This card will get +1 (30 seconds till he shows us the card with new number)
This card will get -1 (another 30 seconds of him struggling to find the card on controller just to show us new number )
repeat this for 30 minutes.

Yet no one mentioned the game out of sync exploit, invisible cards, invisible weathers, strength counter not working, ...
Game is barely playable and they are changing +/-1 strength.

I'm assuming they're not fixing the game because not everyone is having the issue. If only a few people are having issues, chances are it's on THEIR end, not CDPR's end.

SnarkLord1980;n8823140 said:
I'm assuming they're not fixing the game because not everyone is having the issue. If only a few people are having issues, chances are it's on THEIR end, not CDPR's end.

perhaps go and look into tech support subforum :)
No issues with the game for entire CBT here, yet I'm encountering something like this in OBT daily. (and many people in tech support forum confirm)

Plus, it's a PC game, everyone can use different hardware, but that's on devs to make the game run on anything that runs said platform and meets system requirement. If they cannot do that, stop claiming it runs on PC.

In addition, using your argument "because not everyone is having the issue" they shouldn't do anything at all.
CDPR stop balancing cards I don't play! I'm not having any issue with them being OP. It must be on other players end. :)

Edit:
here, I'll save you 5 clicks. It's full of screenshots, so you don't even need to read the posts.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...ad/8740700-visual-bugs-cards-being-stuck-poll

Last edited:
This is just harsh... Out of everything we have in the meta right now i can't believe Skellige is the one to bite the dust. The Queensguard archetype is totally unviable after these changes.

First of all, we had only one way to defend our strategy against Nilfgaard (Whom did not get that hard of a nerf, only a slight tempo loss) and now its gone. Savage bear was our only way to work around the HARD counter that is Vicovaro Medic. Our second weakness was Biting frost as we are constantly swarming the front row. And that's where Clan Brokvar Hunter came in as a solution that could help us power trough control decks without loosing all our already relatively slow tempo by constantly wasting our clear skies. Now that's gone too. Loosing veteran is fine but regressing is just too much. The whole point of the deck was to build power for the final "Reanimation Round".

I feel like Queensguard is in a pretty good place right now. It's a strong deck but is not oppressing. It as very close match ups against most of the competitive scene and requires very good piloting to beat his hardest counters.

After these changes the deck will loose all it's tools to work around it's weaknesses. It will still have a slow start and lose round 1(which was fine before), will struggle to win round 2(probably loosing 1 more card in the process) and will just drop dead on the final round with no ability to match other tier one finishers in the meta.

Nilfgaard lost a total of about 14 power throughout the game. We lost more then 20 and the ability to defend our grave...

Last edited:
Very happy with the changes even more happy with the fact we can get the nerfed cards full value back in scraps!One question that i have is when will the patch be available?

Bugii;n8823450 said:
perhaps go and look into tech support subforum :)
No issues with the game for entire CBT here, yet I'm encountering something like this in OBT daily. (and many people in tech support forum confirm)

Plus, it's a PC game, everyone can use different hardware, but that's on devs to make the game run on anything that runs said platform and meets system requirement. If they cannot do that, stop claiming it runs on PC.

In addition, using your argument "because not everyone is having the issue" they shouldn't do anything at all.
CDPR stop balancing cards I don't play! I'm not having any issue with them being OP. It must be on other players end. :)

Edit:
here, I'll save you 5 clicks. It's full of screenshots, so you don't even need to read the posts.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...ad/8740700-visual-bugs-cards-being-stuck-poll

Nobody said they SHOULDNT, I'm just speaking from experience. A lot of devs won't fix a "broken" game unless the MAJORITY of players are having the issues.

Dhuum923;n8823600 said:
This is just harsh... Out of everything we have in the meta right now i can't believe Skellige is the one to bite the dust. The Queensguard archetype is totally unviable after these changes.

First of all, we had only one way to defend our strategy against Nilfgaard (Whom did not get that hard of a nerf, only a slight tempo loss) and now its gone. Savage bear was our only way to work around the HARD counter that is Vicovaro Medic. Our second weakness was Biting frost as we are constantly swarming the front row. And that's where Clan Brokvar Hunter came in as a solution that could help us power trough control decks without loosing all our already relatively slow tempo by constantly wasting our clear skies. Now that's gone too. Loosing veteran is fine but regressing is just too much. The whole point of the deck was to build power for the final "Reanimation Round".

I feel like Queensguard is in a pretty good place right now. It's a strong deck but is not oppressing. It as very close match ups against most of the competitive scene and requires very good piloting to beat his hardest counters.

After these changes the deck will loose all it's tools to work around it's weaknesses. It will still have a slow start and lose round 1(which was fine before), will struggle to win round 2(probably loosing 1 more card in the process) and will just drop dead on the final round with no ability to match other tier one finishers in the meta.

Nilfgaard lost a total of about 9 power throughout the game. We lost more then 20 and the ability to defend our grave...

QG is weak now too. I lose often against Spellspammingdecks but rarely against QGs.

NG lost much more than 9 power for players with 3 Golems and 3 Novices. Peter is now 4. Tibor 23 - bronze card. Calveit 3. Bugfix Ambassador. NG will struggle now against Monsters and ST.

soph912;n8825530 said:
QG is weak now too. I lose often against Spellspammingdecks but rarely against QGs.

NG lost much more than 9 power for players with 3 Golems and 3 Novices. Peter is now 4. Tibor 23 - bronze card. Calveit 3. Bugfix Ambassador. NG will struggle now against Monsters and ST.

You're right i forgot about Tibor, Peter and Calveit. They lost 14. My bad. while i feel like it's a very reasonable nerf by itself. From the perspective of a Queensguard player who just lost everything they had to fight that deck, it feels cruely unfair.

There is no way that NG will struggle. They can thin their deck until the last card and are able to use all gold & silver cards most of the time, they can look to see what they have in the deck and select the card they want to play; most importantly, their units are also buffed as hell. NG will remain their dominance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom