Gwent beta live stream with developers 06.06.2017

+
Dhuum923;n8826370 said:
You're right i forgot about Tibor, Peter and Calveit. They lost 14. My bad. while i feel like it's a very reasonable nerf by itself. From the perspective of a Queensguard player who just lost everything they had to fight that deck, it feels cruely unfair.

13. You forgot Vanhemar

pthieu1986;n8827210 said:
There is no way that NG will struggle. They can thin their deck until the last card and are able to use all gold & silver cards most of the time, they can look to see what they have in the deck and select the card they want to play; most importantly, their units are also buffed as hell. NG will remain their dominance.

then how come the best deck atm is dagon? Doesn't sound very Nilfgaardish to me...

On a serious note, though - NG is a very consistent deck, and that certainly makes it a popular choice.

cgidiot;n8827650 said:
then how come the best deck atm is dagon? Doesn't sound very Nilfgaardish to me...

On a serious note, though - NG is a very consistent deck, and that certainly makes it a popular choice.

I only got half-decent NG golds so far and nothing else.
I wouldn't play Nilfgaard if i don't had to and after the patch I will switch as soon as possible. NG is only dominant in the lower ranks now and will be much worse soon.

Celestes666;n8815510 said:
Can someone please explain to me what they said about card mill prices or card mill equal to card price?... I just didnt get it because of my not-so-perfect english level..

and i really would like to hear release date...
well, is it a day, a week, or a month..

Hi mate, so they said:

1. Once the patch drops, you will have 5 days to mill for full craft value the cards that they are NERFING;
2. They are doubling the mill value of common and rare cards, so instead of 5 scrap for a common you will get 10, and instead of 10 for a rare you will get 20.

Regarding the release date, they haven't said anything.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Upcoming Patches Notes Topic

Maybe i didnt look for it enough, but apparently there was a dev stream on the 6th, that revealed an upcoming patch, and yet there was no topic created in this forum with the patch notes. Shouldnt that be done by the devs and put on the 'News' section?

I kept reading about people discussing the upcoming changes and wasnt able to figure out where that info was available. Had to find a post on the stream topic that lead me to a reddit page with said patch notes. My point is, that information shouldnt be that hard to find right?

P.S. - i even looked on GOG Galaxy, as some games put the patch notes on the game's page

DRK3

The patch notes are still being finalized. Once CDPR is ready, they will post them in the News section. Please be patient a little longer.

(Also, thread merged)

cgidiot;n8827640 said:
13. You forgot Vanhemar

I stand corrected once again! ;)

So the upcoming doom of my beloved Queensguard deck as been spinning in my head all day at work. I was remembering all the super close games i've had against other cool decks. How my heart raced during the last turns of the game. And other less fun games against incurable cancer decks like Spellsgaard that just crush your soul with their lack of interaction. I mean you know there is something wrong whit a deck when Shieldmaidens and Hunters have to ping your own units (If you are lucky to have some left) because their whole board is gold... It really pains me to see the deck get a Blood Eagle like that.

Right now i'm trying to enjoy it's last moments and i'm stuck at 2,1 mmr. Can't get passed the new swarm of control decks taking over the meta. Nothing felt wrong about Skellige to me. It was a strong deck whit plenty of way to interact with. It had it's strengths and weaknesses like any good deck should have. It's the first time CDPR stings me and i don't like the feel of it. Right now i'm a sad wolf.

I bet the dev's will get wrecked by the pros lol. But who knows...They got all the cards at their disposal and know the stats better than us lol

I crafted Tibor and Kayran.
I have converted them to premium.
When the patch comes, I will get 1600 for each if I mill them, is that right???

I have RNR from keg drop (as well as quenn guard, and other soon-to-be-nerfed cards).
If I convert them to premium, then mill them, will i get full price (double the standard)???

4RM3D;n8837860 said:
DRK3

The patch notes are still being finalized. Once CDPR is ready, they will post them in the News section. Please be patient a little longer.

(Also, thread merged)

So, patch not coming out today? :(

Celestes666;n8841240 said:

I have RNR from keg drop (as well as quenn guard, and other soon-to-be-nerfed cards).
If I convert them to premium, then mill them, will i get full price (double the standard)???

Relevant Thread

Dhuum923;n8838650 said:
Right now i'm trying to enjoy it's last moments and i'm stuck at 2,1 mmr. Can't get passed the new swarm of control decks taking over the meta. Nothing felt wrong about Skellige to me. It was a strong deck whit plenty of way to interact with. It had it's strengths and weaknesses like any good deck should have. It's the first time CDPR stings me and i don't like the feel of it. Right now i'm a sad wolf.

Yeah, I totally feel you. I thought the QG Archetype as it now is is perfectly in balance and not too strong at all. Just as you said the dominating decks are NG/Dagon/Spellsgaard/Scoia'spell at the moment (at least around my rank at ~1.8k mmr). I do have to say that the match up against the spellheavy decks was not such a horror as it appears to many people. Maybe the players were'nt yet on their best, but if I played focused I could compete with the help of D-Shackles etc (same goes for playing against Dagon).

As for the upcoming changes: Especially the nerf to Savage Bear feels really bad for me, since it always was a fun duel against NG with the fight for graveyard reign, now it becomes obsolete. Of course we should not be too quick with our judgement, but since the matches already were so close I honestly can't think of how QG is still competitive after these changes.

Celestes666;n8841240 said:

Isn't it rather 800 scraps and 400 meteorite powder as 100% refund for disenchanting premium legs?

Last edited:
So, if I understand it correctly, my tibor and kayran will give me 3200 scraps - 1600 to craft it again = 1600 free scraps!
What if I craft another another Tibor another Kayran?)))))) another 1600 free scraps?))

Celestes666;n8842680 said:
So, if I understand it correctly, my tibor and kayran will give me 3200 scraps - 1600 to craft it again = 1600 free scraps!
What if I craft another another Tibor another Kayran?)))))) another 1600 free scraps?))

They are not really free, you are trading 800 meteorite for the 1600 scrap, if you ever want to upgrade a card to premium and have no more meteorite, it will be harder to obtain than scrap, keep that in mind.

After all, you will end up having most cards and no longer have a need for the scrap, and will want meteorite for upgrades. You will get more and more scrap as you play and mill almost everything you get in kegs, but the same can't be said for meteorite powder.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
4RM3D;n8837860 said:
DRK3

(Also, thread merged)

OK, just found weird that the devs, who knew what was coming, take more than 3 days to make the patch notes, when someone who had no inside knowledge posted a reddit thread with them shortly after the stream.

We haven't seen the patchnotes yet probably because they are reconsidering, or altering even more than shown during the stream. I seriously hope they reconsider some of the yet unreleased changes.

Top Bottom