Gwent beta live stream with developers 12.06.2017

+
The patch's purpose is to provide a necessary hotfix to improve the gameplay, so the sooner it goes live the better.

Nothing wrong in being surprised.

A few posts deleted for going off-topic and giving answers which really doesn't help anyone. For further discussions about weather, please visit this thread, instead.

Cricco89;n8847830 said:
Yes Gwent is in the open beta, and yes i realize that. But the game did a pretty long time in closed beta, and we are in 2017: nowadays games publishers usually announce their plains for further expansion or dlc very long time before the release. So, nothing will be unusually if they announce something like an expansion or some new cards, or some new game modality. For Example i play on a PS4 and i can't play vs any of my friends... yet...

It actually wasn't in closed beta that long. At least in comparison to many games. So no, it's not the time to be announcing expansions yet.

nhk3;n8850070 said:
Hey CDPR, love the work you guys are doing, but if you intend to announce on Monday's stream that the patch is happening on Tuesday, it is simply not OK. Please consider this, because 1 day notice before a major patch is not a user-friendly policy. For a non-hotfix update, about a week prior notice will be greatly appreciated. Even a simple "the patch is happening sometime next week" would be enough if you haven't nailed the exact details yet.

I'd also like to comment on how the transition into Public Beta was handled on the information front, where the 1 week notice was simply insufficient for such a milestone event, making it seem a bit rushed.
I understand that the company's cautious to not commit to something, then having to delay, but the quality of the games you've produced and keep producing is proof that, when such a thing happens it is a necessity. I believe that were this to happen again it would met with understanding from the community, which has come to trust your open and honest communication. Please don't move away from that.

Regarding everything else - keep doing what you're doing.

It's very much ok. They know what they are doing. There can be and probably are various reasons why the patch has yet to be released. Complications can arise. If they are postponing the patch there is good reason. Doing a livestream the day before a patch is completely ok. I see no downside to this and I'm fairly sure most people feel the same. We have known for a fortnight now that a patch is on it's way so I really don't see the problem.

As for the transition from closed to open beta, nothing was rushed in any shape or form. I'm really confused why you would say this.

nhk3;n8850070 said:
Hey CDPR, love the work you guys are doing, but if you intend to announce on Monday's stream that the patch is happening on Tuesday, it is simply not OK. Please consider this, because 1 day notice before a major patch is not a user-friendly policy. For a non-hotfix update, about a week prior notice will be greatly appreciated. Even a simple "the patch is happening sometime next week" would be enough if you haven't nailed the exact details yet.

I'd also like to comment on how the transition into Public Beta was handled on the information front, where the 1 week notice was simply insufficient for such a milestone event, making it seem a bit rushed.
I understand that the company's cautious to not commit to something, then having to delay, but the quality of the games you've produced and keep producing is proof that, when such a thing happens it is a necessity. I believe that were this to happen again it would met with understanding from the community, which has come to trust your open and honest communication. Please don't move away from that.

I don't see what's the problem with a patch soon after the stream. What do you exactly need, spiritual preparation? The sooner the balance patch comes the better. Consider that a lot of people are refraining from opening kegs (to get a full list of the nerfed cards) and some have even stopped playing to avoid hitting level 20 and risk getting a leader as a legendary reward.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who feels that way. The thing is that we're given so little information beforehand that the process itself feels pretty non-transparent to me, which is something I'd expect from other companies but not CDPR.

nhk3;n8862410 said:
Well, I guess I'm the only one who feels that way. The thing is that we're given so little information beforehand that the process itself feels pretty non-transparent to me, which is something I'd expect from other companies but not CDPR.

2 detailed streams and patch notes available in-game. that's enough transparency for me tbh.

DMaster2;n8861760 said:
I don't see what's the problem with a patch soon after the stream. What do you exactly need, spiritual preparation? The sooner the balance patch comes the better. Consider that a lot of people are refraining from opening kegs (to get a full list of the nerfed cards) and some have even stopped playing to avoid hitting level 20 and risk getting a leader as a legendary reward.

I didn't care and got Shani as a reward. It didn't make sense to stop playing since you miss your daily rewards and with them you can craft a legendary...

Without reading the whole thread, I am quite worried by the fact that only nerfed cards get full refund as I have milled all other faction cards to build around my ST spell deck. If this type of deck becomes uncompetitive after the patch, then the other cards beside the nerfed ones will also become useless. In other words, I can only get refunded with D-Protector, Ithlinne but not with Aglais, Schirru as well as a bunch of other special cards that serve the spelling deck.

Last edited:
pthieu1986;n8869770 said:
Without reading the whole thread, I am quite worried by the fact that only nerfed cards get full refund as I have milled all other faction cards to build around my ST spell deck. If this type of deck becomes uncompetitive after the patch, then the other cards beside the nerfed ones will also become useless. In other words, I can only get refunded with D-Protector, Ithlinne but not with Aglais, Schirru as well as a bunch of other special cards that serve the spelling deck.

Considering how annoying Spell'tael is, this is a clear display of poetic justice.:threaten:

Aglais, Schirru and most special cards can be efficiently used in many other decks who lack the amount of cheesiness who brought the nerf hammer upon DBP.

pthieu1986;n8869770 said:

Thats the chance u take when milling everithing but one deck, especially during beta. I'm not too happy about my QG deck nerf but at least i kept everything but the exceeding cards, and after the last stream I keep these as well to get max scrap value possible after the patch.

On the other hand, I saw the stream and they really made minor change so that decks that are too powerful right now becomes more playable but they specifically mentioned that they wanted to keep every combos and mechanics the way they are.
CDPR don't want to ruin a deck or another but try to even things out as much as they can. Which I fully respect as an approach, it's definitely the best way to go imo.

So, I don't think you should be worry about your deck, I believe every deck will be perfectly playable and decks that are strong today will still be strong tomorrow (just, not as ridiculous as they used to be).

nhk3;n8850070 said:

You're entitled to your opinion but CDPR plz don't even read his comment.

I think it's entirely possible that they might add in a few more cards but we're certainly not going to be hearing about expansions during Open Beta. Sure hope we find out the Release Date of the patch though.

Pruny;n8871780 said:
pls release the patch today!!! had enough of calveit+golems+ciri+roach+rnr

Players will still use Calveit and the golems because they remain strong. Maybe RNR will be played less. We shall see.

Hey guys, I'm new here but I played a lot the last few weeks and I play scoia'tel weather control. I know everybody's already rolling their eyes because of my deck choice and this is a bit off topic but I wonder why everybody hates so much on this kind of deck. I mean it isn't even that strong and with the nerf in the newest patch it will be good for nothing except for casuals.

I managed to get rank 11 but right now I'm hitting a wall because the deck is simply not strong enough to beat any Nilfgaard variation or Morvarg Skellige, which is basically what most players play. Nilfgaard in any variation is simply so much stronger than any other deck/faction and I don't see that changing with the new patch. They changed a few numbers here and there but that won't stop Nilfgaard putting out 3 creatures with one card every turn, its almost absurd. On the other hand they nerfed Ithlinne (which is totally okay) and the protectors, so now I will lose even more because I can't beat the ridiculous numbers Nilfgaard puts on the table in the last round.

On topic, I hope they release the patch tomorrow or the day after because right now it is just not fun to play only against Nilfgaard and lose almost every game because they're so op. Although, I don't think it will happen I hope that the patch shakes up the meta.

Hehee spell'taell players are pissed, good :p Anyway your deck will be not as much nerfed. Both scoia and NG need balance, and that's good overall for Gwent

According to the last streaming, DBP goes from 4 to 2 Str and stops being buffed by Gold weather.

I recall many matches against Spell'tael where the difference of score in round 3 was very little, so this nerf alone should be enough to see the last of that deck.

Top Bottom