Gwent beta live stream with developers 12.06.2017

+
newbuschkoeter;n8873060 said:
Hey guys, I'm new here but I played a lot the last few weeks and I play scoia'tel weather control. I know everybody's already rolling their eyes because of my deck choice and this is a bit off topic but I wonder why everybody hates so much on this kind of deck. I mean it isn't even that strong and with the nerf in the newest patch it will be good for nothing except for casuals.

I managed to get rank 11 but right now I'm hitting a wall because the deck is simply not strong enough to beat any Nilfgaard variation or Morvarg Skellige, which is basically what most players play. Nilfgaard in any variation is simply so much stronger than any other deck/faction and I don't see that changing with the new patch. They changed a few numbers here and there but that won't stop Nilfgaard putting out 3 creatures with one card every turn, its almost absurd. On the other hand they nerfed Ithlinne (which is totally okay) and the protectors, so now I will lose even more because I can't beat the ridiculous numbers Nilfgaard puts on the table in the last round.

On topic, I hope they release the patch tomorrow or the day after because right now it is just not fun to play only against Nilfgaard and lose almost every game because they're so op. Although, I don't think it will happen I hope that the patch shakes up the meta.
Because your deck is frustrating to play against. Ton of specials whose only objective is to negate whatever play/combo your opponent is trying to make, ending that with 15+ power bronzes round 3 and sometimes even borkh.

Checco515;n8874560 said:
According to the last streaming, DBP goes from 4 to 2 Str and stops being buffed by Gold weather.

I recall many matches against Spell'tael where the difference of score in round 3 was very little, so this nerf alone should be enough to see the last of that deck.
If i recall correctly any gold special won't buff them anymore. But i'm not 100% sure.

One complaint I do have about these streams: Make them earlier so us damn Aussies can watch at a decent hour not stay up till 3am!

TheDyingScotsman;n8876190 said:
One complaint I do have about these streams: Make them earlier so us damn Aussies can watch at a decent hour not stay up till 3am!

I heard somewhere that live stream does not presuppose that everyone in different time zones will be able to watch it at convenient hours. But this information is not confirmed yet so nvm.

TheDyingScotsman;n8876190 said:

If you would be sleeping anyway, can´t you watch it in the morning?

SnarkLord1980;n8876720 said:
They can't exactly stream when Aussie's are awake, because then that would be too early for Americans.

I meant that he could watch the stream replay in the morning so he wouldn´t have to stay up all night.

SnarkLord1980;n8876720 said:
They can't exactly stream when Aussie's are awake, because then that would be too early for Americans.

Yeah, that's one of the problems with a global game.

No matter what time they do the live stream, someone will be left out.

newbuschkoeter;n8873060 said:
On topic, I hope they release the patch tomorrow or the day after because right now it is just not fun to play only against Nilfgaard and lose almost every game because they're so op. Although, I don't think it will happen I hope that the patch shakes up the meta.

My guess is we'll see less ST and SK, about the same amount of NG, and more NR and Mon.

But it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Checco515;n8874560 said:
According to the last streaming, DBP goes from 4 to 2 Str and stops being buffed by Gold weather.

I recall many matches against Spell'tael where the difference of score in round 3 was very little, so this nerf alone should be enough to see the last of that deck.

Certainly not the last, 2 points of strenght isn't the end of the world but that's a great thing. I don't want any deck to disappear, quiet on the contrary, the best of the best would be a meta with a lot of different decks and tactics being equally competitive.

And that's definitely what CDPR are trying to do. This is why, instead of flat out nerfing cards to the ground, they just move the cursors a little bit in the right direction, removing a couple points here, adding a few there...

That's great and hopefully they will success and we will have a large choice of decks to play with without being worry of said deck being too weak.
I think things are going to be pretty well balanced after the patch, it's definitely not going to be perfect obviously but certainly better.

As I said earlier, I saw the stream and quiet frankly I don't see anything questionable about the change they announced, everything were going in the right direction imo.

So.. they acknowledged that everyone in the top tiers is playing NG but the changes (nerfs) made were minimal. Ok.

Kingoko;n8879040 said:
I had a bit internet problem so couldn't watch stream from start, any1 got it on yt already?

You can watch it on twitch, is up.
I didn't managed to watch the live too, but I went there and is already up the replay.

P.S.> Btw, about NF spy decks I think they overdid it a bit... Cahir shouldnt be changed and Rainfarn should go 5 not 4 !!!

NeedtoDie;n8878660 said:
I heard them saying cards you got for free won't get full refund, which is understandable.

No, they said "if you have a card that got changed, when you mill it you'll it's full value back. They used premium RNR as an example, "if you mill it, you'll get 1600 scraps back". To the people who bought kegs with real money, they are giving a certain amount of scraps per keg. You can watch the stream again, check after the 6:00 mark.

kaalev;n8849030 said:
I hope we'll see some changes to weather cards and control decks in general. It's getting boring real fast when we only play 1 round against Spellatel and Spellgaard and the other 1-2 rounds you just throw expendable cards and let them die.

I think they have to fix some OP gold-class cards too (they have already announced the incoming nerf to weather gold cards), or at least modify the interaciton with them

For instance, as OP, we have Spellatel gold spy that lets them choose from 2 special cards and then play it twice + the spy is just a 2-power unit (in other classes, any spy that lets you draw -usually a random card like cantarella-, has 10 or more power). Nilfgaard has a gold card that can destroy an enemy unit, and then make them draw a BRONZE card (which i think is very op since they surely take a high-value enemy unit instead of a random and low-value unit), or also a gold card that destroy all spy-units (so the supposed disadvantage of giving power to enemy with spies is reduced in a second)

In the sense of interaction, we have a bunch of golden cards that consume others (like letho, a neutral vampire that consumes a choosable bronze unit, the monster that consumes a unit and gets buffed an additiona 8) and the only way to counter that is a spell to block a unit (or demote it if gold), which i think is not helpful since you'll have to spend 1 turn to demote it and then other one to try to deal with such unit (and in the end, this will lead you to lose the match)

bilbo.baggins;n8879370 said:
No, they said "if you have a card that got changed, when you mill it you'll it's full value back. They used premium RNR as an example, "if you mill it, you'll get 1600 scraps back". To the people who bought kegs with real money, they are giving a certain amount of scraps per keg. You can watch the stream again, check after the 6:00 mark.

Yeah, he's been prob confused.
But for leaders they said that will not be a refund and you will not get full scraps cost of them if you mill them.
The point behind that is that you get leaders free.
But I think that they made a mistake there...
1st leaders aren't total free cause you have to get some times specific cards to defeat AI, so you need to mill cards to get that cards. Also, if you are f2p player then you have to mill some archetypes even their leaders to get a decent amount of scraps to make some useful cards.
And here it comes the next thing. If an archetype is been nerfed hard and the player has to make a new archetype deck then he has very few loopholes.

Guest 4099910

So... Buffed legendaries? Just got another copy of the scoia'tael dragon sassafrass. Will it mill at full value?

GenLiu;n8877890 said:
Certainly not the last, 2 points of strenght isn't the end of the world but that's a great thing. I don't want any deck to disappear, quiet on the contrary, the best of the best would be a meta with a lot of different decks and tactics being equally competitive.

And that's definitely what CDPR are trying to do. This is why, instead of flat out nerfing cards to the ground, they just move the cursors a little bit in the right direction, removing a couple points here, adding a few there...

That's great and hopefully they will success and we will have a large choice of decks to play with without being worry of said deck being too weak.
I think things are going to be pretty well balanced after the patch, it's definitely not going to be perfect obviously but certainly better.

As I said earlier, I saw the stream and quiet frankly I don't see anything questionable about the change they announced, everything were going in the right direction imo.

Totally agree with you, just think about nerfs in other card games (cough... cough... hearthstone) that have aimed (maybe not intentionally) to destroy such decks (and currently some people asks for more nerfs that will lead to this same result). But i like CDPR approach: lil'nefs and buffs here and there so meta is more balanced for ALL classes instead of destroying a given class and make it unplayable until a new expansion (thats what happened to rogue in hearthstone: gone from ranked play a lot of months until release of cristal core deck)

Top Bottom