Gwent beta live stream with developers 12.06.2017

+
skeletoro;n8879550 said:
So... Buffed legendaries? Just got another copy of the scoia'tael dragon sassafrass. Will it mill at full value?

No, only changed/nerfed cards will mill at full value.

arihuss;n8879770 said:
Totally agree with you, just think about nerfs in other card games (cough... cough... hearthstone) that have aimed (maybe not intentionally) to destroy such decks (and currently some people asks for more nerfs that will lead to this same result). But i like CDPR approach: lil'nefs and buffs here and there so meta is more balanced for ALL classes instead of destroying a given class and make it unplayable until a new expansion (thats what happened to rogue in hearthstone: gone from ranked play a lot of months until release of cristal core deck)

NF spy deck is totally destroyed if you see how they lowered the overall power of the cards and the nerf effect of leader (golems totally unplayable). Sure, maybe will appear other spy deck or a reveal deck. But as the changes are, NF spy is out of meta for second time. SK was near to be hitted and in just 3 days they hear all those SK players to cry...
But I agree 100% that is better than blizzard's approach and in better direction.
In the end I think is too early, the game still needs some fixes and some more balance... Maybe "side deck" for e.g. insteed of nerf more than half deck's archetypes.
Overall I feel just hmm... OK with nerfs atm but hope they'll not go again in 2-3 days update announcement in a row. :p

P.S.> I forgot something more... Nautral cards shouldn't be nerfed hard cause are... nautrals, that means all have access to them. There is nothing unbalanced there. And when they will start new cards coming this will be happen for sure. Some cards will see much more play on decks than others.
So, if cards are good or even more as nautrals I can't see a problem. Only if a card or cards are OP on specific archetypes then thats unbalanced and needs nerf. And nerfs should be on the direction to just make them good cards, not OP or totally unplayable. ;)

Last edited:
Will 1600 scraps premium refund work only on cards acquired before the patch hits or also for the cards gotten during those 5 days?
In other words, will it be possible to acquire the full collection by buying a ton of powder and repeatedly craft->transmute->mill one nerfed legendary?
I hope not, that is the only thing I really have an issue with.

Nucleus84;n8881240 said:
Will 1600 scraps premium refund work only on cards acquired before the patch hits or also for the cards gotten during those 5 days?
In other words, will it be possible to acquire the full collection by buying a ton of powder and repeatedly craft->transmute->mill one nerfed legendary?
I hope not, that is the only thing I really have an issue with.

I highly doubt it. I've never heard of that happening in a card game before.

Guest 4099910

bilbo.baggins;n8879820 said:
No, only changed/nerfed cards will mill at full value.

Oh - I thought sass got changed very slightly (plus one strength or something). The bit I wasn't sure about was whether the full mill deal applied to cards that were improved (still a change, but not a nerf) and also, whether it mattered that the scoia'tael dragon card (forget the exact name... Saethessassinarathalot??) was a basic/starter card. We all started with one. but now I've drawn another one and will end up milling the extra one either way.

Guest 4099910

I probably wasn't very clear with my terminology as now that I think about it, sassafras could be taken as a nickname for saskia. ;) I meant the other one, the S-name ST draconid that actually looks like a dragon. Hah.

Alts-Gamer;n8876410 said:
I heard somewhere that live stream does not presuppose that everyone in different time zones will be able to watch it at convenient hours. But this information is not confirmed yet so nvm.

Oh the sarcasm. I wasn't being that serious geez

Brenex;n8846490 said:
So no patch until Tuesday?? Oh come on, I had to stop playing to not hit lvl 20...

i think if you get the leader cards you'll get max scrape then you can actually craft whatever leader you want

skeletoro;n8881940 said:
Oh - I thought sass got changed very slightly (plus one strength or something). The bit I wasn't sure about was whether the full mill deal applied to cards that were improved (still a change, but not a nerf) and also, whether it mattered that the scoia'tael dragon card (forget the exact name... Saethessassinarathalot??) was a basic/starter card. We all started with one. but now I've drawn another one and will end up milling the extra one either way.

Why would you get full scraps for an improved card? And, unfortunately, it doesn't matter if a card is duplicate and/or from the starter deck, otherwise i would be scrap rich. I have found 4 duplicate golds so far, one of them the starter Triss card. I also found a 2nd RNR in a keg yesterday ( i got the 1st one from a keg as well ), and i don't think i'll get full scraps for both of them but only for one.

krswoodward;n8881980 said:
i think if you get the leader cards you'll get max scrape then you can actually craft whatever leader you want
You can get all the leaders for free from challenges. That is why people complain. Getting them as level reward or from keg is always 100% duplicate.

Guest 4099910

Just because an improvement is a change. A change for the better, but still a change. I'm not saying I *should* get a full refund, just wondering if I would. If all "changed" cards are eligible then... maybe? I do agree it wouldnt be particularly fair, but the question still remains. Is there a list somewhere I can refer to?

skeletoro;n8882170 said:
Is there a list somewhere I can refer to?

The results of the patch notes have been recorded on a few sites that I've seen:

Dekki - https://dekki.com/en/games/gwent/posts/article/ssy2yftpiq
[The list of refundable cards is at the bottom of the article]

GwentDB - http://www.gwentdb.com/news/117-additional-balance-changes-coming-with-the
[An update from their previous list, though I didn't see the list of full refund cards in this article]

Or check out the Gwent Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/

krswoodward;n8881980 said:

They confirmed they are not refunding leaders.

TheDyingScotsman;n8882020 said:
I hit level 20 ages ago and never got a leader card, so I think people are over-reacting

it's a 28% chance of getting 200 scrap instead of a useful gold, so not really over-reacting. Some people got a leader at lvl 20 AND at lvl 30, which is a big waste of a gold drop.

BlueyesOwl;n8880860 said:
NF spy deck is totally destroyed if you see how they lowered the overall power of the cards and the nerf effect of leader (golems totally unplayable). Sure, maybe will appear other spy deck or a reveal deck. But as the changes are, NF spy is out of meta for second time. SK was near to be hitted and in just 3 days they hear all those SK players to cry...

Huh?

First...Golems are still a free six points with 3 card thinning. Golems are still one of the better cards in NG. Secondly, Vicovaro Novices are dropped 2 points in strength, Tibor was dropped 3. Vicovaro Medics are doomed, which they should have been all along.

There are no changes to NG that even change my spy deck, other than Novices being susceptible to Bears. I play Fringilla Vigo, so a 1 point Novice means nothing, when I'm using her to carry over a buffed Rot Tosser's power, and a 2 point Golem is the same as a 3 point if you Fringilla the power of the adjacent Imperas.

Top Bottom