[Gwent Beta Server] What CDPR should have done

+
I loved beta Gwent. I did not like the PTR.

I really like Homecoming Gwent, but I don't love it yet. But I can easily see how it is on pace to surpass beta Gwent, and I think that is necessary for the longevity of the game.

If they can make rounds feel meaningful again and address some balance issues, they'll have one of the most stable base sets I've ever seen for a card game. Expansions will be incredibly fun and will add a ton of depth.

This isn't the game I wanted, but it's becoming the game I need.

coin toss
the coin toss isn't fare. I must have played about 15 times today or more and probably only won the toss 3 or 4 times max in this time. How can this be fair? As the player going first always gains 5 points. Would be better if you do away with this immune card the player who starts gets as it isn't fair on the player going in second. or else else do something with the coin toss so you if you play 10 games you get the lead at least 5 times rather than 2 or 3 times

Hi
Gwent, in beta phase, was almost perfect game for me - a lot of mechanics, faction identity, gold and silvers cards, 3 rows etc. There was more than we have now. I'm sad. Of course we have new graphics and those eye catchers now, but is it the most important thing in a card game? I think is not.

But to the point - how do You think guys from CDPR, would id be possible to run a server with latest Gwent beta version? Just for old players, who invested a lot time in that beta and would like to play in more complex version of this game.

BR

Yes pleeeease!!

I would actually pay for that. Proper Gwent with 3 rows and fun deckbuilding.

CDPR cannot be so far from us not to understand, can they? I mean, if enough people are willing to PAY for this, why would they not do it? The fanbase is already divided, and instead of losing people who want nothing to do with Homecoming, they could actually make a profit off them - us.

I can even pay for old Gwent. And I don't care about community splitting what so ever. I want my joy back. I don't understand people who are saying not a good idea for this. So for this people, taking a game that was loved by a considerable amount of people without asking an opinion and forever is better than splitting communities and make everyone happy? You people are incomprehensible.

I'm confused about what the OP is trying to achieve here. He says he wants old gwent back for the community, but then strips it of its competitive mode. Does he not see that it would split the half of the community into another half? the quarter that wants competitive old gwent and the quarter that doesn't. just follow this rule. Don't offer ideas that will split community further.

Last edited:
gwent eng.jpg

Dear fans of the old GWENT (OBT), 03.11.18 I created a petition addressed to CD Projekt RED. Its essence is to bring back to fans of the OBT version, which are many, the old GWENT.​

Here is a link to petition :

Eng

Rus

Purpose: For the developers to pay attention and ideally launch the OBT version as a separate game.

To everyone who likes the current version of GWENT, I repeat: I am not asking to remove the HC, but simply to return the version of the OBT as a project project launched in parallel.

View attachment 10984975
Dear fans of the old GWENT (OBT), 03.11.18 I created a petition addressed to CD Projekt RED. Its essence is to bring back to fans of the OBT version, which are many, the old GWENT.​

Here is a link to petition :

Eng

Rus

Purpose: For the developers to pay attention and ideally launch the OBT version as a separate game.

To everyone who likes the current version of GWENT, I repeat: I am not asking to remove the HC, but simply to return the version of the OBT as a project project launched in parallel.

Signed!

Didn't this have a thread of its own?

Top Bottom