Gwent Black Sun (Expansion) Announced

+
More scenarios?
1656357519250.png

Post automatically merged:

1656417833787.png

Last edited:
Cool card, but I gotta ask. What is the point of all these "cursed" tags? They don't actually do anything, do they? Is there some cursed synergy I'm missing?

YaY! 13 for 5!!
Well, only if you kill the other card. And, also, damage from cataclysm don't always hit the point. I think it will be better balanced with 1 less body point.
I love seeing pirates being chosen for this expansion :3

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
I think you mean YIKES instead of YAY :D
That was a sarcastic YaY which in fact was a face palm..
Well, only if you kill the other card. And, also, damage from cataclysm don't always hit the point. I think it will be better balanced with 1 less body point.
When has killing a card ever been a problem for SK? Come on! Also cataclysm always does 3 damage. If you mean it hits a shield or armor, out of 13, even if a one or two hits armor, it is not a big deal.. SK always breaks the max value for bronzes and honestly I didn't expect a 13 for 5. I almost positive this would be the strongest bronze introduced in the game.. anything more than 13 for 5 would be too much, right? RIGHT??

Wow kill a unit such a dificult condition to met for skellige. It should be a 6 prov card not a 1 point nerf.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I was really hoping for more Svalblod stuff. I like the idea of units transforming into beasts in order to set up graveyard plays.
Pirates could be cool but I feel like the new onslaught can quickly make them broken. It has too much potential.

Wow kill a unit such a dificult condition to met for skellige. It should be a 6 prov card not a 1 point nerf.
Well it may be more or less difficult depending on the other player. But, the facts is you have to kill that card, which will not be always an option. It's not 13 points yes or yes, there is a condition where the other player is involve (he can purify the card or put a defender, for example).

Well it may be more or less difficult depending on the other player. But, the facts is you have to kill that card, which will not be always an option. It's not 13 points yes or yes, there is a condition where the other player is involve (he can purify the card or put a defender, for example).
Yeah, but then they made the sorceress 6p, even though it has a condition, and order, and plays for a maximum of 10. So I'm not sure how this is going to be fine at 5p.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, committing a defender for a 5P card? That itself is a win for this card. Purify? Play a low tempo card to counter a 5P card which has already played for 7 points? Nah.. both the options don't seem logical. We should just accept the fact that 5P cards, I mean, 5P SK cards can play for 13 points and just move on.

NG soldiers support has to happen now
Yes please! I am really tired of Assimilate and I don't blame the NG players for that too. NG doesn't have anything playable. It is either Assimilate or Clog/Mill nonsense. I tried to play Soldiers, Spy etc. but nothing works. Hopefully the Scenario helps Soldiers so that NG players can play something other than the same thing they have been playing for years now.

Deranged Corsair — are we interpreting “its” correctly? Does “it’s row” refer to the enemy’s row (grammatically correct) or the Corsair’s row (which is more reasonable).

Scenarios — Aesthetically, I am happy to see more scenarios in the game. Supporting one archetype per faction felt incomplete. But all scenarios are not only unreasonably powered, but are also very binary and encourage use of Heatwave which is also binary. And forcing out Heatwave encourages use of still other binary cards. Moreover, the new scenarios are far more op than the original ones. I expect endless voyage to obliterate any strategy that remained in the game. Cataclysm is rain on steroids, and we will be basically subjected to it for an entire round.

Last edited:
Deranged Corsair — are we interpreting “its” correctly? Does “it’s row” refer to the enemy’s row (grammatically correct) or the Corsair’s row (which is more reasonable).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're interpreting it correctly as the enemy's row.

Top Bottom