Gwent Black Sun (Expansion) Announced

+
Well i can only imagine meme decks.

Round 1 create as many as defender you can with AQ. Pray for gods to win round 1.

Drypass round 2.

Get back defenders with w. Sabbath, play some thrive engine. Use caranthir on cat and play cat.

In adrenaline 4 play kolschey, use both cat orders and out kolschey to 6 with 2 larva create already.

That can be good, but still some kind of meme

Question. With 2 cats on board, when enemy plays an unit it Will trigger thrive twice? (i dont think so, but its an option)

Last edited:
1656676908627.png

Post automatically merged:

1656677853865.png

1656677905637.png

1656679762383.png

1656680160592.png

1656680755764.png

Last edited:
Ok i admit i was wrong.

Devs doesnt like NR.

Hahahaj

Those cards are so ridiculous.

Look that 8 provision card, you need to boost ir 4 points to be a 6 for 8.

Than you need to boost more 6 points (10 in total) to be a 9 for 8 + one more or else good order.

Yeah yeah

Edit: oooops now i see, its not 8 provision, its 9 provision, what The hell HAHAHAHAH

That is The worst expansion card i have see

Squire

Finally, we get reasonable knight support. It´s order only makes sense if you play a knight (Otherwise it´s just a 6 for 4).
The main target of this card might be Prince Anseis, Seltkirk (more duell value especially if combined with Viraxas) and the new knight. A downside of the new Grace archetype is that they can easily run into tall punishment

Evaluation: 7,5 out of 10

Knight Errant

That guy probably needs to be infused by the squire to meet his grace. Alternatives might be deck booster, tutors like Amphibious assault and to a lesser extent (as slow tempo) board boosters like Vandergrift´s Blade and Mad Charge for instance. When Grace is met this card is very powerful and might be a strong consideration in shield focused strategies. From my perspective there might be many situations where the card does not work but if it works and you have the right cards in hand he can be very powerful

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10.

The Maiden´s Shield

This card is a Knight Errant on steroids. The grace is more difficult to meet and has to be achieved on two units (which also means low tempo). The reward of Bronwen is very strong. But will you have enough boosters to get the most of the infused unit? And what about tall punishment?

Evaluation: 5 out of 10

Damsel in Distress

His prologue will be very clumsy. You should not include bronze deployer knight in your deck. Most fitting target might be Kaedweni Knight and Squire. Knight Errant might be also an option (but then you wont get the Amphibious Assault boost). Chapter 1 can be a very helpful engine (at max + 40 if you manage to trigger Grace 5 times and always boost 2 units). Chapter 2 is not that powerful but can be an additional grace enabler

Evaluation: 7,5 out of 10

Last edited:
I think, similarly to what was done to Necker Warrior, we may also expect some rework of exisiting Knight cards (Vandergrift's Blade, I am looking at you!) to support this emerging archetype.

So, what's in store for NG? I got my hopes up for Soldier support!

i think its time to "kings" have knight tags.

SO many of them are soldier already, why not beeing a knight?

With all these boosts being core mechanic for most of the new cards I guess it's time I dust off my Yrden. :cool:

@EduFerraz
Because to become a knight, one had to prove himself, not just be from a ruling dynasty as it often was with monarchs. There are some exceptions, like Anséis, but that's it - they are exceptions.

@EduFerraz
Because to become a knight, one had to prove himself, not just be from a ruling dynasty as it often was with monarchs. There are some exceptions, like Anséis, but that's it - they are exceptions.
ok, but we have so many bronze knight, wich for me they are "random" knights.

Why not kings cant be knights too?

what anseis prove? viraxa, as example, didnt prove himself too?

Anséis participated in the tournaments in Toussaint, for example. Sure, he was funded by Meve, but still...

Viraxas was an usurper, disowned by his father, who made a coup to take power.

Did you guys notice that bronwen The bold has immunity?

So to boost it you need or active The Maiden shield Grace 14 or boost it indirect (like rrynard odo order, or that other mage who gives vitality for adjacente units and etc).

So i insist, The Maiden shield its, in The beggening, a 4 for 9. If you boost it until Grace 8 its a 6 for 9.

And only if you boost it to grace 14 its a 9 for 9 with an order.

How many cards with 9 provision has 9 points + order/engine etc without need to active a dificult condition?

Rrynard odo is a good example. In back row its 7 Power, with order boost 2 units its already 9. With The ability to boost any card played.

OK i can admit in general The majden/bold order is better than The passível reynard odo ability, but Look what you need to do to active that

DRK3

Forum veteran
We got 5 out of the 6 factions revealed so far, and i can already see SK rubbing their hands, as its the only faction that is getting support for a control archetype (unless NG also gets it tomorrow), while the others are getting boost/combo archetypes that will be disrupted by SK, immunity and shields wont save them from cataclysm rows all the time.

This prediction may prove incorrect, as its hard to gauge how one OP new cards will fare against the other, but so far this is my guess.

I'm hoping they will reveal another way to interact with Scenarios. I never found draw Heatwave or just watch points shoot out much fun, which is why I'm not enthusiastic over another Scenario push.

I get that deleting an entire Scenario with a cheap Bomb Heaver was too easy but there should be another tech option. An idea would be a unit that can delete a Chapter. Or one that creates an "empty chapter", so that it would require an additional card to complete.

These Scenarios barely even place bodies on the board. They are basically engines that only one gold card in the entire game can interact with.

I'm hoping they will reveal another way to interact with Scenarios. I never found draw Heatwave or just watch points shoot out much fun, which is why I'm not enthusiastic over another Scenario push.

I get that deleting an entire Scenario with a cheap Bomb Heaver was too easy but there should be another tech option. An idea would be a unit that can delete a Chapter. Or one that creates an "empty chapter", so that it would require an additional card to complete.

These Scenarios barely even place bodies on the board. They are basically engines that only one gold card in the entire game can interact with.
Technically, there's also the bearification

rrc

Forum veteran
We got 5 out of the 6 factions revealed so far, and i can already see SK rubbing their hands, as its the only faction that is getting support for a control archetype (unless NG also gets it tomorrow), while the others are getting boost/combo archetypes that will be disrupted by SK, immunity and shields wont save them from cataclysm rows all the time.

This prediction may prove incorrect, as its hard to gauge how one OP new cards will fare against the other, but so far this is my guess.
Exactly! SK will own the other factions with their superior control. Their Rare is the best rare released till now. Scenario, I am not sure.. every scenario looks bonkers, so not sure which one is the most broken. Their EPIC is just too good and is the best epic released till now. It is basically Skjordal, but after intaking 10kgs of steroid. That Epic can be 10 provisions and will still be played. Those who design SK and give them the provisions work independently than those design and give provision for other factions :giveup:

We should just wait and see, but even in my predictions, SK will just deny every other new mechanics that gets introduced. Good luck playing Harmony when none of your engines can stick to the board :coolstory:

Top Bottom