GWENT Board & card*s

+
GWENT Board & card*s

Only make a same table and cards from Witcher 3, will be perfect, and please do something with that board:(, just don*t ruin something that we loved

Personally, I think that the current look, while not ugly per se, has too much of a digital, modern aesthetic to it and doesn't fit the Witcher world.
The original board from The Witcher 3 fits the world better and it's also not as cluttered.

But why stop there? We could have several different boards, boards that mimic the look of a simple, piss-poor tavern, but we could also have fancier boards that mimic tables in, say Passiflora (like in the high-stakes tournament) or in some royal palace. Also elven boards, dwarven boards, Nilfgaardian boards, Skelliger boards, you name it.

P.S: Oh, and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what other new music this game will have. I hope it will also fit the medieval aesthetic, just like the original gwent music did (which are awesome and also hope they make a comeback in this game, along with new ones). After all, aesthetic and atmosphere isn't just about looks, music is essential too.

Last edited:
I prefer the new design much more, it's fresh, colorful and gives me a fantasy feeling. This game is not the Witcher 3 anymore.
Anyway, I would really appreciate new boards! :D

Since there is going to be stuff you can buy, optional boards would be just perfect for that. Maybe three different options to get with money. "Classic" board could be one and then few others.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the new desgin for the boards. I think the team have chosen to emulate other boards from other similar games, so as to draw in audiences from those games. While this isn't a bad thing, it doesn't quite fit with the unique atmosphere of the GWENT world and is a bit disjointed and jarring for players coming from the original Witcher games.

Maybe, at the very least, there could be some reconsideration in the scheme of the UI, since it's such an important aspect of this sort of game. Maybe take the best of both worlds - keep the best of what they have now and throw on a more medieval theme. While, of course, keeping it simple.

And I quite like the idea of different themes. Actually, maybe there are different themes depending on where the player is playing the game in the stories? Who knows.

I love the new board, I thought the one in Witcher 3 was average. The new one is awesome.

I love the new board, I think it is an enhancement in every way. The game looks updated and fresh. That being said, I like the idea about faction specific tables. Maybe a retro Gwent table..tavern style. There is so much that can be done, but I believe CDPR is all over it. This company has never let me down yet.

After seeing the new board I have bad time playing gwent in witcher 3, that old board just looks so bland and boring. The new one is far superior.

Only make a same table and cards from Witcher 3, will be perfect, and please do something with that board:(, just don*t ruin something that we loved

The game wouldn't be balanced for multiplayer purposes if we had just re-used everything straight from Witcher 3 :) The board and cards have seen changes, but they were made for design/gameplay reasons.

Top Bottom