Gwent Board Mods

+
This is really great! Would be cool to have themed backgrounds for the faction that you are playing. Hopefully they bring you aboard to make this official! Not sure if I'm just crazy but I swear that the back of my PS4 controller is usually the color of the faction I'm playing.....

Good News: Awesome job. As a fellow Modder, I understand all too well the time it takes create something like this.

Now the bad.

My personal taste: this seems a bit too bland.

Instead of the board being completed black, I would have blown up the Nilf flag and laid down. Also, the row numbers on the side I would have made them Nilf gold as well as the player score flags.

For me a board should pop and this just does not do it for me.

Sorry! And I really do mean no offense.

colorad0kid1107 Haha yeah that would be a dream come true :D

Cantina12 Thank you!
My initial version was actually a lot less bland (with a checkerboard pattern as the baord background), but I quickly got a lot of feedback regarding the fact that a game board like this has to very easy on the eyes and not distracting :). If you want I can send you a screenshot of it and make a specialized mod version for you if you like it?

Since there seems to be a couple of people that want to know how to mod this; I'l try to get a guide together for you this weekend. If I can find the time, that is. As I said, it is a bit tricky :D

For now:

Most programs to extract assets are not updated and don't work with the current Unity version. The only one working is: Unity Asset Bundle Extractor.

If anyone from CDProjectRed or a moderator sees this; would it be ok for me to post a whole modding guide here or on another forum (reddit for example)?
I don't want to release a guide on modifying your game assets without your permission.

And thanks everyone for your feedback! It really motivates me to get working on the next faction as soon as I can :)

I like it and I use it - could be better, like:

Did you tried to switch the colors of the background with the actual play board color? Usually the warm colors are popping-up front and the cold ones are fading into the background, so this is something that kinda bothers the eyesight here (cause your attention must be on the play board and now it got the cold coloring).

Also, will like if you color the Coins for the different Factions in their color - Blue for NR, Black for NG, etc.

Maybe it is a nice idea to add something of a shine to the Player' coin, to differ in mirror matches.

A sort of a nit pick, I'll put the chess pattern for the separating line between the two fields.

Last - I think you've pulled the play board image a bit up, cause there is a thicker black line on the bottom, than the other ones on the other sides.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Awesome that you're using it partci :)

You're right about the color difference - But I think I'm willing to make that sacrifice because I want the board to be black and gold :)
I wanted to keep it all gold for the coins; but maybe some faction color highlights would look nice hm... gotta play around with it a bit.

As for the mirror match issue: I really like the idea; definitely gonna look in to that!

Could you post a screenshot so I can see what you mean with your last post?

Thanks for the feedback!

4RM3D;n9182451 said:
Eh... well... that doesn't really fit with the Witcher's universe. Though, the Witcher was a mature game and now with Gwent a lot of the themes are toned down, which is kinda betrays the Gwent atmosphere. Imagine premium versions of Yen/Triss/Ciri with... less clothing. Also, give me back my Poor F'ing Infantry.

Imagine the Crones..... *shudders

Proteozym;n9195471 said:
... Could you post a screenshot so I can see what you mean with your last post...

It burns my eyes:

And you can still make the "black" warmer and the brown colder. :p

Proteozym;n9186501 said:
colorad0kid1107 Haha yeah that would be a dream come true :D

Cantina12 Thank you!
My initial version was actually a lot less bland (with a checkerboard pattern as the baord background), but I quickly got a lot of feedback regarding the fact that a game board like this has to very easy on the eyes and not distracting :). If you want I can send you a screenshot of it and make a specialized mod version for you if you like it?

Since there seems to be a couple of people that want to know how to mod this; I'l try to get a guide together for you this weekend. If I can find the time, that is. As I said, it is a bit tricky :D

For now:

Most programs to extract assets are not updated and don't work with the current Unity version. The only one working is: Unity Asset Bundle Extractor.

If anyone from CDProjectRed or a moderator sees this; would it be ok for me to post a whole modding guide here or on another forum (reddit for example)?
I don't want to release a guide on modifying your game assets without your permission.

And thanks everyone for your feedback! It really motivates me to get working on the next faction as soon as I can :)

I would love a screenshot! The only sad part is that I only game on my PS4 and don't have a computer yet....might be time to build one!!!

I like the mod, but I also have to agree with the post about the coin. Faction colors and a distiguishing something for mirrors would be great. :)

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Proteozym;n9186501 said:
If anyone from CDProjectRed or a moderator sees this; would it be ok for me to post a whole modding guide here or on another forum (reddit for example)? I don't want to release a guide on modifying your game assets without your permission.

We discussed your idea of creating a modding guide for Gwent and although we really appreciate your passion we'd like to ask you not to create or post such guide. Among the reasons for this decision is the current state of the game and the competitive character of the game. As we currently focus on right functioning of the game we cannot preclude a situation where the game system would find such modding as an unlawful attempt to hack the system mechanics. As a consequence, without any bad faith on the user side, modding could result in the system banning the user from playing Gwent.

Thank you!

Hello, after this statement, are you saying that I have to remove the mod from my game (as I am using it right now), cause my account may be banned?

Regards.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
partci;n9252281 said:
Hello, after this statement, are you saying that I have to remove the mod from my game (as I am using it right now), cause my account may be banned?

Regards.

The above statement means that at the moment we cannot guarantee the safety of using mods.

We do not forbid the use of mods like the one discussed in this thread, but we need to make it clear that using them is not without the risk.

First of all sorry for not answering here for a while, been really busy with work. I try to get the suggested changes done this week =) (or at the latest with the next update^^)

Vattier Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! I feel honored =)
I absolutely understand your response and I will not post a modding guide.

I also understand, that you have to take safety precautions; you're developing a competitive game and need to make sure no one is getting an unfair adventage and thus can't guarantee your system won't recognize this as such an attempt. However unlikey that might be =)

Thanks again for the taking the time! Maybe I'll be able to apply to a position with you in the future and then I can create a board like this officially ;)

P. S.
I'm currently working on a Monsters variant (when I can find the time that is) ;)

Last edited:
I Made Another Gwent Board Mod!

Eredin Frost Board (updated september patch)

A couple of days ago, I've been contacted by the twitch streamer OceanMud and I designed a frost variant of the Gwent board!
He and his chat helped me to fix some issues with it and here is it for you guys to enjoy =)

Based on the feedback I've made two versions; one with a full board redesign and one with the main play area unchanged. So everyone can have their own preference =)

I hope you'll enjoy it! =)

Full re-design:

http://imgur.com/mdO7MTi

Download:

Re-design with original board:

Download:

Last edited:
I like both versions, from the screen shots at least. I haven't messed about with overwriting files and such so probably wont be using it. I could see the first version (w/ full board) being used in the Single Player they've got coming up though. Good job. How long does it take to make them?

Top Bottom