gwent cards needs more clarity.

+
gwent cards needs more clarity.

ik this is properly going to get deleted, but, its the only place i can post it.. so, ya.

there are some cards with missing info on them, like the succubus, it just says "move the highest other unit on its row to your side" nowhere does it state that it doesnt work on gold cards, same with the caretaker. it doesnt tell me i cant resurrect gold cards. i only play monster so i dont know how big a problem this is with the other factions but im pretty sure the gwent team made that clear in the closed beta. so why change it .-.

and how do i unlock the locked avatar for imlerith, some guy told me it would be listed how to get the locked ones in the rewards menu but theres nothing there about avatars, only daily rewards.

Gold cards are not affected by anything unless explicitly stated otherwise. That's why cards like Succubus don't say it doesn't work for Gold because that's the default.

As for the Imlerith avatar, that should be unlocked by default. But I could be wrong.

The reward avatars are listed in the rewards. For example the helmless Imlerith (which you might mean?) is a reward for a really high rank, IIRC.

Well some cards really could use more clarity. For example, Dijkstra(gold card) says he can draw and play 2 cards INCLUDING golds. But John Calveit says "Look on the top 3 cards of your deck and play one", not a word about gold card, but surprise, enemy is drawing Vilgefortz or some other gold card.

Gold cards have immune to all kinds of effect unless they got demoted ( there is some card that "demote" a gold card into a bronze one,consider it a counter for golds). If you paid attention to the tutorials, they pretty much mentioned it there already.

There needs in general way more explenation! How does the Wild Hunt Navigator really work? Why does the Wild Hunt Hound sometimes summon Bitting Frost and other times not? Has it to do with being summoned by the Leader Card? But wait, sometimes it worked and other times not!
Or what does Deathwish mean? And triggering it cause?
Why does stuff work for the AI and not for me?

Does silver Bekker's Twisted Mirror now not work with gold cards? I don't have it to check it myself.
Fringilla Vigo doesn't work with gold cards as unit on the left.

I agree. Many explanations are horrible.

4RM3D

Forgive me, but what the heck should: "Deathwish: Trigger this ability when the card is moved to the Graveyard" explain!?

and yes, I get it, something is happening when the card dies, but WHAT!?

Fimbul

Deathwish means the ability on the card will only trigger when the card is moved to the graveyard. An example of this is The Guardian:

Deathwish: Create 2 Lesser Guardians on the top of your opponent'sDeck.

This means once the Guardian is destroyed, it will spawn 2 golems on top of your opponent's deck.

Besides Deathwish, you also got keywords like deploy. Deploy will trigger the ability immediately when the card is played.

ok, got it in some way. I'm still for clearer explenations or at least an ingame index with clear explenations.

but still doesn't explain why the bitting frost summon from the Wild Hunt Hounds not always triggers.

Fimbul;n8721380 said:
ok, got it in some way. I'm still for clearer explenations or at least an ingame index with clear explenations.

but still doesn't explain why the bitting frost summon from the Wild Hunt Hounds not always triggers.

First check the card description (visible under the card, right side of the screen during the match). It says something like
Deploy: Do thing X
Deathwish: Do thing B
Brave: Do thing C

Then you can hover over the card and see the specific tool tip explaining what deploy, deathwish and brave means. Took a little time to get used to, but it's pretty handy when you figure that out.

PS: Check this thread for Wild Hunt issues: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...rd#post8598580

Isn't Geralt: Igni's description wrong? For every other card which affects enemy rows it says something like " on enemy's side" ( Zoltan, Caranthir, Drowner, etc). Geralt's description suggests he can pick any row, like Wild Hunt Hound, but it actually works on the same row he's been placed in.

Top Bottom