GWENT Challenger tournament announced!

+
Chaob_N7;n8128980 said:
It says using the leaderboard position as the basis for selection the top 256 players from each of the two divisions who register will be chosen based on their standing on March 22nd.

See also the main page where it says:

Q. Can I play in rank mode before the qualifiers registration process ends to improve my leaderboard standing?

A. Yes. We will check your leaderboard position exactly on the 22nd of March at 15:00 GMT.
Well, you got me a bit motivated so I'm back in the ranked. Hopefully will be able to jump a few spots until the 22nd...

Last edited:
I'm on the 230th pos. in leaderboard. Is it enough to be sure i will participate in the tournament? (Redania region)

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-03-20 17-08-26-278.jpg
    bandicam 2017-03-20 17-08-26-278.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 81
I got the CDPR invite for the Challenger tourney this-morning... followed the link to create ESL account and haven't gotten the email back from ESL confirming my account with them and providing a password so I currently cannot sign up for that necessary component... anyone else having similar issues with ESL or just me?

Really dissapointed with the Gwent Challenger

I spent the last weeks since the announcement playing ranked enough to be "safe" to get in. And I felt comfortable most of the time. Once I dropped out of the top 1000 and felt bad and stressed out, but with 1 day left I climbed back to 397 on the leaderboard. Feeling safe there, I was feeling pretty good to get an invite. Removing xbox players, dupe accounts, people not being able to attend. I didn't want to keep playing more in case I would drop a lot of points.

Today I get the e-mail saying I'm not in. And I'm reading on Reddit that people in NA that are 700+ on the leaderboard and some people even having 1000+ on the leaderboard and picked NA did get an invite. How is that fair? They even admitted they don't even have enough cards for 4 different decks. Meanwhile I'm way higher on the leaderboard and have a 99% full collection.

I know this is CDPR's first tournament, which is why I so heavily wanted to be part of it, and just makes it more disappointing, and complaining won't change anything. Just wanted to write this out. Chances are I would have not even made it past day 1, but who knows. Just feel kind of fucked over when people not even top 1000 with 1 deck get in over people who are higher.

Topic merged with official News thread. All discussions related to the Tournament can continue here.
Sorry you didn't make it in, JustinBB7 ! Your frustration and disappointment are understandable. However, perhaps you'll have another chance someday.

devivre;n8121790 said:
It took Lifecoach only a few days to reach rank 15 in Gwent, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It took me a couple of weeks of 2 daily tiers and it's the first CCG I've ever played for longer than tutorial. That's current Gwent for you.

I think this tournament is a great start, I'd love to see Gwent bloom and prosper, but I can't in my sane mind say that it's balanced for esport kinda competitive play in its current state. So it's just a promotional event rather than a serious esport event I feel like, hence I'm sadly not hyped at all.

JustinBB7;n8184850 said:
Today I get the e-mail saying I'm not in. And I'm reading on Reddit that people in NA that are 700+ on the leaderboard and some people even having 1000+ on the leaderboard and picked NA did get an invite. How is that fair? They even admitted they don't even have enough cards for 4 different decks. Meanwhile I'm way higher on the leaderboard and have a 99% full collection.

Well I'm in the Temeria division which is considered to be NA due to the time however I now have access to the list of everyone signed up with the division and I can see that nearly half the players are from Europe/Asia who just chose to apply for this time so your accusation is unfounded.

Last edited:
Chaob_N7;n8189530 said:
Well I'm in the Temeria division which is considered to be NA due to the time however I now have access to the list of everyone signed up with the division and I can see that nearly half the players are from Europe/Asia who just chose to apply for this time so your accusation is unfounded.

What is unfounded? I said people that PICKED NA, not ARE FROM NA.

JustinBB7;n8189600 said:
I said people that PICKED NA, not ARE FROM NA.

You said both.

JustinBB7;n8184850 said:
I'm reading on Reddit that people in NA that are 700+ on the leaderboard...

What I'm saying is that this has nothing to do with NA or any other region having some "advantage" since people from all over got in. There had to be two different times for people to choose from so that eveyone can play. You didn't present a suggestion or solution, only criticism.

Chaob_N7;n8189810 said:
You said both.

What I'm saying is that this has nothing to do with NA or any other region having some "advantage" since people from all over got in. There had to be two different times for people to choose from so that eveyone can play. You didn't present a suggestion or solution, only criticism.

And you're just nitpicking since you know what I meant. But stay on your high horse.

The only problem Im having with this tournament, is the qualifying was pre patch. Everyone is using different decks now. Changes have been massive and for 100k, qualifying should be current patch/cycle/test.

TheShift;n8518580 said:
You guys have done a great job presenting this tournament ... hats off to ya!

Very cool set up..
It's quite the success. At least 14k viewers through the whole even until now with 16k as a peak (only considering the official CDPR twitch). Not bad. not bad at all.

Some very interesting matches by Lifecoach.

EDIT: LOL at Gaunter O'Dimm in the background every time.

Last edited:
Yes! Its been great so far.. Lifecoach got so lucky drawing promote in the end.. i about fell out of the chair

Very nice tournament so far, it's a pleasure to watch, especially Lifecoach. Surprising to see the amount of mistakes on the part of proNeo and Oikumena (exacerbated by Oikumena's hopeless decklists :)). Maybe the nerves show and the pros respond better?

Top Bottom