GWENT Challenger tournament announced!

+
It is interesting how unsuccessful the community has been; does it reflect a low skill ceiling of Gwent? Does it reflect that the pros are just on another level in general as gamers? Does it reflect that the qualifier was horribly executed by the ESL, leading many to quit early as it was more than 2 hours delayed already after the first match, meaning we're not seeing the best of the community (such as Garrunah)?

I personally think the skill ceiling of the game is high in general, and maybe nerves played a big part. Who knows, maybe subsequent interviews will yield info.

Either way, it's entertaining and executed well, hats off to CDPR :)

As for winner, ppd or lifecoach. Fion's victory felt like it came more off the back of Trump's numerous mistakes than higher skill.

Nimraphel;n8519520 said:
It is interesting how unsuccessful the community has been; does it reflect a low skill ceiling of Gwent? Does it reflect that the pros are just on another level in general as gamers? Does it reflect that the qualifier was horribly executed by the ESL, leading many to quit early as it was more than 2 hours delayed already after the first match, meaning we're not seeing the best of the community (such as Garrunah)?

Even though you have explained it... i dont get where the community is unsuccessful? Considering its only been in closed beta

Semi Finals...here we go

TheShift;n8519540 said:
Even though you have explained it... i dont get where the community is unsuccessful? Considering its only been in closed beta

Semi Finals...here we go
Well 3 pros advanced out of 4 games, and the only one community player is currently getting his bones cracked by lifecoach.

TheShift;n8519540 said:

Semi Finals...here we go

It's hard to pinpoint one thing, but compared to some players like Garrunah, I'd consider none of the community players exceptional. The fact that they're losing to pros, some of which only started to play Gwent less than a month ago, is a "defeat" for the community - and on the other hand its not, 'coz the event is successful and entertaining... But it does raise some questions, some of which I posed.

Nimraphel;n8519530 said:
As for winner, ppd or lifecoach. Fion's victory felt like it came more off the back of Trump's numerous mistakes than higher skill.

And it's almost there :) Expecting PPD to take it actually, he was very convincing vs. Vishra, but Lifecoach is strong. Hope for an exciting final.

FUCK GEICO

Man that shut down the stream.. what a buzkill

edit.. ok it back tracked on the stream... gwad !

Last edited:
Another great great game.

All the games we've seen today are among the best i've seen among the thousands i've seen in Gwent.

4RM3D;n8520130 said:
That one point tie-breaker... OMG, close one there.

Yeah it was.. whew!!!!!!!! lol

Thanks CDPR my Honey Do list turned into the Honey Don't list today {im not complaining tho}

Top Bottom