GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

+
I'm pretty sure we will have news during the challenger or immediately after.

In any case, CDPR should really work on their Gwent PR because they've been pretty much silent (at least in the official forums - which should be their primarily medium and not gwent.reddit) for a absurd amount of time. This is particularly not acceptable in closed beta, imo, - specially when an CB should be when the community and the developers are most in touch.

I get there are no meaningful changes (or changes at all) until the Katowice tournament ends but this looooong period of silence is bad indeed. No small news, no hints, no nothing. :(

metro_krkljanac;n8484480 said:
I get there are no meaningful changes (or changes at all) until the Katowice tournament ends but this looooong period of silence is bad indeed. No small news, no hints, no nothing. :(

I feel you. The current meta is broken so hard, i nearly would die for an update.
So sick of this Northern Realms Shit.

Hi I'm a new Player and have some questions regarding game mechanics and content:

1. A Season simply describes a round of ranked matches until reset, right? How long is one season? Is there any information about the prices?
2. Daily rewards: Where do I see what rewards I would gain (before fullfillment)? Is there any information about it? I would like to know if it's worth to play one additional hour for the reward. Also sometimes I have suddenly +100 ores but no information about some rewards received (I don't use the "next"button after every battle but there should be also a pop-up, am I right),...?
3. Is there any information about the timeframe until open beta/final release?
4. Will open beta be a restart for every player? Is open beta like the closed beta that you'll lose your cards at the end of the phase or will you finally keep your cards?
5. There will be a campaign/missions in the final release, right?
6. Are there any Quests yet or planned in future like "collect 100 cards", "win 10 games with Nilfgaard faction (same for all the other factions)", "log in every day of the week", "reach/end campaign x/y", "reach level 20", "reach rank 10", "win 100 turns", mill 100 cards", "craft 20 cards", "buy 1 keg", "receive over 50 kegs", "have at least 10 friends", "reach Position 1000+ in the Leaderboard",...
Imo those little quests (with little rewards) will give the player more tasks and support long term fun.
7. What is meant with those "gift cards" by the developers? When do they actually gift cards?^^
8. Why is it that 90% of my opponents use monsters or Northern Realms decks? Are those this op?
9. Is there any great difference wether I play a normal Match or a ranked Match? Why should I choose normal matches over ranked ones (if I feel I have a chance to win matches eventually) ?

Last edited:
First of all, take a look at this thread for interesting information about the game.

1) Yes. About 2 months, with the exception of closed beta. What prices are you talking about?
2) 6 round win = 100 ore then 12 round win = 75 ore, etc. Each tier requires more wins and gives you less ore until the daily reset.
3) Nope.
4) Everyone's collection will be reset when open beta starts. After that, you'll keep your collection.
5) Most likely, yes.
6) That's not yet known.
7) The devs have gifted cards to streamers. Maybe they will also gift us cards, besides premium Geralt.
8) Monsters is just a popular starting deck. Once you've played more ranked matches and reached mid-tier, you'll see more variation.
9) Casual is mostly for testing decks and chilling out. Ranked matches will become increasingly more difficult, while casual remains more the same.

Thanks a lot.

To 1. I've read (in the first post in this topic), that there will be end-season rewards (you also keep after beta)?!

LifxGaming;n8492540 said:
3. Is there any information about the timeframe until open beta/final release?

the FAQ said "Spring 2017" so soon I think. Though I heard something about nothing happening until some sort of tournament had finished. Something like that. Can't be sure.

LifxGaming;n8492540 said:
6. Are there any Quests yet or planned in future like "collect 100 cards", "win 10 games with Nilfgaard faction (same for all the other factions)", "log in every day of the week", "reach/end campaign x/y", "reach level 20", "reach rank 10", "win 100 turns", mill 100 cards", "craft 20 cards", "buy 1 keg", "receive over 50 kegs", "have at least 10 friends", "reach Position 1000+ in the Leaderboard",... Imo those little quests (with little rewards) will give the player more tasks and support long term fun.

I hope they'll never implement something like that. In my opinion, quest like "log in every day of the week" are not supporting long term fun, but favouring players addiction. You should just log in cause you enjoy the game, not for an achievement. When you trade your time in order to get a reward, there is something wrong. Quests like "win 10 games with Nilfgaard faction" makes you feel the pressure to complete the quest over playing whatever you'll like to play.

Moreover what if you don't have the card of the given faction?
A big no from my side.

sfruzz;n8494510 said:
I hope they'll never implement something like that. In my opinion, quest like "log in every day of the week" are not supporting long term fun, but favouring players addiction. You should just log in cause you enjoy the game, not for an achievement. When you trade your time in order to get a reward, there is something wrong. Quests like "win 10 games with Nilfgaard faction" makes you feel the pressure to complete the quest over playing whatever you'll like to play.

Moreover what if you don't have the card of the given faction?
A big no from my side.

I actually agree with the whole log-in thing. I used to play a F2P shooter called "Ghost in the Shell: First Assault" and they have the whole log in each day for rewards thing and the more you log in the higher reward your tier etc.. etc.. and if you miss one day you're basically locked out of the top tier reward. I found my enjoyment of the game in general going down with each passing day and it got to the point where I realized I was literally just logging in for the log in reward, not because I enjoyed the game.

Obviously that's more of a personal thing. Logging in to collect a reward doesn't effect other players so it's not like it's detrimental to the game as a whole but I can see the argument where things start to shift in to a place where the game doesn't become about the fun. You start playing it purely for what rewards you can instead of the game being supported simply for the fun factor.

But seriously ... lets move back to the topic please.

Fawkzi;n8494810 said:
I actually agree with the whole log-in thing. I used to play a F2P shooter called "Ghost in the Shell: First Assault" and they have the whole log in each day for rewards thing and the more you log in the higher reward your tier etc.. etc.. and if you miss one day you're basically locked out of the top tier reward. I found my enjoyment of the game in general going down with each passing day and it got to the point where I realized I was literally just logging in for the log in reward, not because I enjoyed the game.

Obviously that's more of a personal thing. Logging in to collect a reward doesn't effect other players so it's not like it's detrimental to the game as a whole but I can see the argument where things start to shift in to a place where the game doesn't become about the fun. You start playing it purely for what rewards you can instead of the game being supported simply for the fun factor.

I used to play that game too. However, hackers ruined it for me... no fun to instadeath every time i crossed the wrong corner. Anyways, sorry for the off-topic, just wanted to say that.

So.. i think its getting a bit ridiculous.

The general lack of communication has been criticized by pretty much everyone in the last couple of months (even by forum moderators). Nothing new here.

Since the start of the CB, the devs have dispersed information and topics both on the official forums and gwent reddit, something that has been criticized and explained by the devs. Again nothing new in that regard.

What i new is that this trend is that new info about the challenger has been made available more than a day ago in the reddit but nothing is to be seen in the official forums.

I really cant understand whats going on. Are we to assume that CDPR is intentionally neglecting what should be their primarily mean of communication?
I never liked reddit. Do i really have to bear it in order to get fresh official information about gwent in due time?

I'm not even going to focus on the fact that the event is suppose to happen in the weekend and we've only receiving substantial info about it 4 days from it actually happens, despite all the outcry from the community.

This whole communication fail is getting a bit too much.

Last edited:
I got my beta key shortly after the last patch so in all the weeks that i've played Gwent i haven't witnessed a single patch or official news. I hope things will improve after the tournament but so far it's a pretty bad first impression PR and development wise. What's the point of a beta test if thers no frequent updates? I understand that CDPR doesn't want to mess with the gameplay too often since things need to settle for collecting meaningful data but i would have expected at least frequent bug fixes and visual updates. And like the user two post above i really don't get what the deal is with the tournament. It's supposed to be a big PR thing, right? I haven't heard or seen it mentioned anywhere outside of the Gwent community.

Flowneppets;n8506710 said:
I haven't heard or seen it mentioned anywhere outside of the Gwent community.

And even inside gwent community, i havent had much more official info about it, other than the official announcement, a couple of months ago.

All the info i've had came from the youtubers i've been following for months (Mcbeard, Imdeluded, Swim, Merchant and Kingblacktoof).

Last edited:
el_Bosco;n8508750 said:
And even inside gwent community, i havent had much more official info about it, other than the official announcement, a couple of months ago.

All the info i've had came from the youtubers i've been following for months (Mcbeard, Imdeluded, Swim, Merchant and Kingblacktoof).
They said on reddit that today there will be info for the turney and probably something extra regarding next patch (or even open beta?).

DMaster2;n8508840 said:
They said on reddit that today there will be info for the turney and probably something extra regarding next patch (or even open beta?).

Again... They post info on reddit instead of here. :(

Quick question, do I get to keep all the Ores and Scraps? If yes then is it best to just keep holding on the them and wait for the OB?

skymage142;n8511760 said:
Quick question, do I get to keep all the Ores and Scraps?
From the official first post of this thread:
Here’s what you’ll get:
  • Every Card Keg you purchased — we will return you the amount of Kegs you bought with real money.
  • Card Kegs for Player Levels — starting from level 5, you get 2 Kegs every 5 levels.
  • Card Kegs for your rank — 2 Kegs for each rank.
  • All end-season rewards.
  • All items granted as gifts from CD PROJEKT RED (like the gift premium Geralt card).
All in all, after everything’s done, you should have enough Kegs to make new great decks! Once again thank you for playing GWENT and making it better. We really appreciate it.

Top Bottom