GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

+
Beta Rewards Feedback

I'm really impressed with the beta rewards they announced, it was a lot more than I was expecting to receive. Just getting the chance to play and give feedback on the game was awesome, now we are getting hooked up by CDPR with a lot of awesome loot.

Thanks CDPR!

Are the rewards more or less than what you guys expected?

Strollin;n7651150 said:
But then you cant argue with a wipe for the sake of an "equal ground" which seems to be the reason for a wipe now.
I'm not saying they shouldnt, neither do I want to complain about the rewards (Im thankful there are any in the end). But if they keep this progression rate (and thats all what I'm counting on with this arguement) this is really not much tbh.
I was hoping for cosmetic rewards based on progress but 2 kegs for so much playtime (ranks or 5 levels take waaaay longer than 2 kegs via tier completitions) is really not worth it if you go for progress so I guess I will just test Nilfgaard and wait for the release then :D
(In other words, if they keep this progression rate I could probably get about 150 kegs or more in the same time like I need to get about 30 kegs or so from Level and rank rewards from the beta)

Well, unfortunately there is no way to do a fair wipe if not one of the two ways:

1) wipe everyone clean without compensating anything so everyone is in the same position - won't work for obvious reasons (you can't wipe out the players experince, you can't wipe paid content etc.)
2) don't wipe CBT guys at all - this will lead to lesser attrition by the new members and a lot of complains from the new players (I'm pretty sure we'll hear a lot of new players complains anyway).

Neithher of this options is good/optimal for business. So they've decided to make a compromise decision and compensate CBT players with some bonuses, but not too much so it will not be so obvious to everyone else.

I personally don't think that option #2 would have been a problem - anyway, in a month there will be no difference with the current situation, but Devs decided otherwise.

Will I leave the game to wait for release - probably not. How much time I will spend in it? Really depends on the balance. I don't wanna play a single NR deck just to win, I want some interesting gameplay. So it does not really depend on the wipe, but rather on the ability of the Devs to balance new faction and make the gameplay more different and interesting.

MadOctopus;n7651540 said:
I personally don't think that option #2 would have been a problem - anyway, in a month there will be no difference with the current situation, but Devs decided otherwise.

Thats why the only reason that makes sense in my eyes is the business aspect that they want to make more money from it (people dont want to grind the cards again and decide to buy kegs, generating more money), which I can understand.

MadOctopus;n7651540 said:
Will I leave the game to wait for release - probably not. How much time I will spend in it? Really depends on the balance. I don't wanna play a single NR deck just to win, I want some interesting gameplay. So it does not really depend on the wipe, but rather on the ability of the Devs to balance new faction and make the gameplay more different and interesting.

If there was some sort of reward that actually rewarded your playtime and didnt affect gameplay too much like cosmetic stuff for each level or the amount of cards/scraps etc. you have there would be a "reason" to play this game with this current stale meta. But facing the same decks over and over and having barely any variety makes it hard to keep playing if there arent really any rewards worth the time. Hopefully things will get better with Nilfgaard patch even though I already have some concerns that the meta might become even more stale than right now but lets see, maybe it will change for the better :)

I'm glad that finally the announcement was made. And i'm satisfied with the rewards. Personally i was expecting Gerald Premium only so this is a plus for me.

One question though. If the level progress will reset, it means nobody will be able to play ranked till lev 10 or there's a change to this ?

Thanks CDPR! Keep up the good work.

Marcin_Momot;n7650720 said:
Yes. This will happen during the transition between closed and open beta. Not during the Nilfgaard release.
Can you please answer a follow up question - will there be a reset after open beta? And if so, on what terms?
Just checking to be sure...

HenryGrosmont;n7651820 said:
Can you please answer a follow up question - will there be a reset after open beta? And if so, on what terms?
Just checking to be sure...

I hope not, it would make all these rewards rather pointless. I would also appreciate an official statement though.

HUmm i think ppl are mixing up two different things, which would explain so many positive reactions.

It is not clear that this will be the only wipe. A second wipe at release is not discarded because of this 1st one.. It surely doesnt seen logic but discarding it right now is unwise.

el_Bosco;n7652230 said:
HUmm i think ppl are mixing up two different things, which would explain so many positive reactions.

It is not clear that this will be the only wipe. A second wipe at release is not discarded because of this 1st one.. It surely doesnt seen logic but discarding it right now is unwise.
There won't be any second wipe. Once the game goes to open beta is as good as released, just like pretty much every other online ccg from hearthstone onward.
And this announcement timing isn't casual either, i already posted somewhere that the nilfgaard patch is probably the last content patch of CB with probably one more patch to fix the unbalances, then it's open beta time.

DMaster2;n7652350 said:
There won't be any second wipe. Once the game goes to open beta is as good as released, just like pretty much every other online ccg from hearthstone onward.
And this announcement timing isn't casual either, i already posted somewhere that the nilfgaard patch is probably the last content patch of CB with probably one more patch to fix the unbalances, then it's open beta time.

I agree with this 100%. There is a wipe before they make the game public to everyone, at that point the number of accounts will jump way up. They aren't going to wipe a second time, open beta release wipe is merely so everyone starts on pretty even terms rather than half the players possessing a full collection.

Closed beta is what gets wiped in other games, not open beta since that is the period when they are saying "it's all here, but it's not quite perfect yet" in comparison with closed beta "some of it is here and most of it will be changed".

First of all, thank you so much for taking into account all our time and effort:) i feel personally really grateful because of that,and of course i also think is a perfect way to keep us interested and also motivated:)
i'm writting though to ask about The people who are trying also to participate on the closed beta...
i have some friends who are waiting for a key quite long now and i would like to know if you are thinking about letting more people get in before The open Beta... Could anybody please tell me if that will be possible?:)

I'm also wondering about the "All Gwent season Rewards"... What's that exactly?

thank you very much in advance for your help:)

P.S: Sorry about my english

CDPR I think you guys are being too generous.......I totally appreciate your generosity. Even if this was a clean wipe without any compensation, I'm totally fine with it since this is BETA and wipe is expected. Really thank you for this gift.

Gee whiz. I wish I had the time to have played more. Insert tears here. Regardless, nice of you to appreciate everyone's efforts.

I am not sure here that those rewards are for closed beta or for open beta which going to start ? as If those are for closed beta then this is totally not fair as I thought it's just beta for testing & in the end reset going to happen so I really not played to get a good rank or level.

I only try & play for testing purpose only & now this unnecessary rewards makes me feel bad as before that rank system introduced where you reset all player lvl that time I am on 135 lvl so what about that? No rewards for that time then why Now?

And it's totally not like who have higher rank played more or helped more. May be many players played on single player just to test the game & now with this reward system they are going to get less rewards :/

There are few exploits too like PFI so what if someone just used that to gain rank & level?

Suggestion - Just wipe all progress with new patch & then start this reward system till open beta going to start OR You should really give same rewards to everyone for now & It's really good to announced about rewards at start then at the end :/

Sorry if I am really missing something here. English is not my main language.

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R TH3W makes a valid point..
but as it was then...it was a wipe that everyone got..because it was understood..this was a beta test.
we still have at least a couple months to re level up..if they knock our levels back to 10 when NG comes out..is that going to happen?

Any ways..as everyone else has said..Thank You so much CDPR for your outstanding work, in not just GWENT, but The Witcher games and all that,that is.

Thanks for the Geralt premium card..and everything else!
I've said before that knowledge was the best gift for me coming out of the beta..this is just double icing on the cake !

Once again..you guys have proved to be leaders in the industry ... EA and all those other money grabbing ass hats ..with half finished games..full of bugs and issues..dlc that should have been in the main game..cutting corners in the development process and leaving players in the dark for months on end..

I tip my hat to all of you guys..and Thank You for putting us players ..First

GosuPerngz;n7653210 said:
Will Close Beta tester get any special/exclusive cards? like Gold Gelbin Mekkatorque in HS? :cheers:

Premium version of Geralt card is just that. We are looking into adding some other stuff but at this point I can't really confirm or deny any additional items.

Top Bottom