GWENT coming to smartphones

+

Raunbjorn

I'm just chiming in even though it has been addressed previously: Please don't forget the PS4/Xbox players. Gwent is my all time favorite card game and I'd effin love if we could use our accounts on the phone too.

And suddenly, all of the "these changes in Homecoming are for a mobile port" arguments have a lot more weight to them. Even though old Gwent would've worked fine on mobile so it still doesn't work as an excuse.

... Gwent is a perfect game to play on the go...
Are we speaking for the same game? I mean, I haven't played in months (shortly after this Homecing debacle thing, might have heard of it), but even than the game was demanding some serious attention. You simply can't play this game on the go. Not with the time a single game ("battle") requires. Not if you want to win against a human opponent. Even in "Casual" mode.

As demanding and as frustrating this game can be, "on the go" is the last thing this game has ever been.

... well, unless you are bugging around with the imbecilic AI, I guess.

and still waiting for steam version
You do not mean it seriously, do you? Having Gwent on Steam is aproximately as probable as having Artifact on GOG. Similarly, you would not expect Hearthstone to be available on Steam or MTG Arena on Blizzard app or would you?

There has been released "Thronebreaker" on Steam and it is similar to having "Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers" released on Steam. Those are just kind of "spinoffs", which are "standalone" products, which are not getting continual updates. They are just released and it is done with just exception of occassional patches, but no additional content. "Live versions" of games of this type will leave its "home platform" with probability infinitely approaching 0.

great news indeed, i'm hoping the mobile phone version to be lightweight. i don't need animated card on my phone.

Are we speaking for the same game? I mean, I haven't played in months (shortly after this Homecing debacle thing, might have heard of it), but even than the game was demanding some serious attention. You simply can't play this game on the go. Not with the time a single game ("battle") requires. Not if you want to win against a human opponent. Even in "Casual" mode.

As demanding and as frustrating this game can be, "on the go" is the last thing this game has ever been.

... well, unless you are bugging around with the imbecilic AI, I guess.

Yes, we are. A game of Gwent takes what, 15-20 minutes tops? By "on the go" I didn't mean "while walking", but "not at home sitting in front of your PC/console" - like on a bus/train/whatever, where you can give it your full attention.

That's an opinion...

and that's an assumption.

You are allowed to express both, but don't go around stating it like it's a fact.
I appreciate what you're saying, because there is no proof (confirmation from CDPR). But look at the explanation that was given back in Sep 2018 for removal of the third row, paraphrasing a bit: more focus on row identity, create more complicated abilities, row-restricted abilities, without making the tooltip obscure or too crazy. A third row would actually add to all of these points except the tooltip part, but who cares when playing on a large screen. Through simple deduction, it is easy to see why people come to this "opinion" and "assumption".

What about Android? I have been waiting for this for years and now I hope I can play with my Ps4 account on my Android phone. That would literally mean I could play every single day.

Port on Switch pls! It would be amazing. Probably, you would get more gamers from nintendo platform. In additional, as i know, nintendo game shop doesn't have any alternatives in card games.

This is news goodest! Shupe have smartsyphone by then could be. Love barrel smash in new places!

Top Bottom