GWENT coming to smartphones

+

The smartphone version of GWENT will allow gamers around the world to experience The Witcher Card Game’s skill-oriented CCG play on the go. The smartphone version of GWENT will be arriving later this year on iPhones. Details regarding an Android release will be announced at a later date.

“We’ve been preparing long and hard to adapt GWENT to smartphones,” said Jason Slama, Game Director of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, CD PROJEKT RED. “Beautiful visuals aside, we’ve tailored much of our technology, including GOG Galaxy which powers GWENT’s multiplayer, to support mobile devices. I think our vision for bringing GWENT to smartphones combines the best we have to offer both in terms of graphics and gameplay. I can’t wait to share more details on the subject with you later this year.”

By iPhones you actually mean only iPhones or can we expect a high resolution version for iPad 12.9" for example? Thanks.

These are great news, the number of users will skyrocket and I will finally get rid of other worse TCG games I'm playing on my spare time :ok:

But hey you should definitely think about a revamp of the order mechanics as the game will become REALLY slow with heavy engines played on smartphone;

... I do not believe in a mobile phone release with the actual order mechanics... and business is on mobile

I hope the prediction will become entirely true !

Don't have a smartphone, and am not planning on getting one, but I'll be interested to see how this new platform eventually changes the scene.

Don't have a smartphone, and am not planning on getting one, but I'll be interested to see how this eventually changes the scene.

Yep same here.

Although it‘s very unusual that it‘s not going to be on ipad too. I‘d love to play it there.

I'm dreaming every day to do a port from Ps4 to GoG. I started play gwent in PS4 and could be better for the community of gwent if CD Project do this. You have the best card game in the world. Don't forget us.

Unexpected, but welcome, news. No more playing over TeamViewer(AnyDesk) for me!... well, after the Android version anyway.

Top Bottom