GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
Is there any way to switch GWENT to my Surface Pro screen resolution? It's 2736x1824 native. Also, is there a touchscreen support on the PC roadmap?
Post automatically merged:

Can someone tell me how to open kegs in android beta? I can't see the shop icon. Maybe I'm just being dumb. Thanks in advance
Update your GWENT to the release version. The shop icon is in the top-right corner next to the keg counter.

Hello,
Question: is it possible to challenge a friend on PC? If so, how? Because the only two options available to me are "View Profile" and "Remove from Friends", which is kind of a bummer.

Yes, but the friend needs to be online on Galaxy. I just tested it in my game, and the Challenge option doesn't show up for friends who are offline.
Okay, asked a friend to log in and start the game. We are both online on Galaxy, we double-checked and made sure to have the latest version. Neither of use is able to challenge the other, only options are View profile and Remove. Should I take the matter to Support?

Hello. I am new on the forums, hence can't create a new thread. My question is very basic.
Since the UI got updated a couple weeks ago, I can't find "mill all extra cards" button. Where is it hidden?
Any why does not milling of all extra cards happen automatically, as it was supposed to, as it happened once after the UI update.

Now I have 4 or 5 copies of some cards (I'm not syaing that some of them are premium and other not, I say exactly 4-5 of the same), and I want to mass-mill 'em, but I can't find the button. Spent lits of time in settings and in the deck builder too.

I play on iOs if that helps.

Since the UI got updated a couple weeks ago, I can't find "mill all extra cards" button. Where is it hidden?
It's temporarily disabled, but will be back with the April 2nd update. Or rather, I believe automill will be back, not the button. We'll see.

Hello,

I’ve been playing Gwent since November, but just joined the forums so I’m posting this question here.

I’ve been reading online quite a bit about the game and see long-time players refer to faction abilities as leader abilities - Pincer Maneuver as Calanthe’s ability. I’ve gone through the reward trees and Contracts (and also found an old thread here) and tried to match up the abilities with the Leader (skins) as best I could, but I wonder if someone could complete (and correct!) the list for me:

Monsters
Carapace
Force of Nature
Death’s Shadow
Arachas Swarm
Fruits of Ysgith - Gernichora
Blood Scent - Dettlaff

Northern Realms
Inspired Zeal
Royal Inspiration - Queen Meve
Mobilization - King Henselt
Vicious Slash
Stockpile
Pincer Maneuver - Queen Calanthe

Scoia’tael
Guerilla Tactics
Invigorate
Mystic Echo - Francesca Findabair
Precision Strike
Deadeye Ambush - Eldain
Call of Harmony - Dana Meadbh

Skellige
Onslaught
Reckless Flurry
Sacrificial Vanguard
Second Wind - Eist Tuirseach
Patricidal Fury - Arnjolf
Ursine Ritual - Svalblod

Nilfgaard
Strategic Withdrawl
Imperial Formation
Tactical Decision - Jan Calveit
Lockdown
Enslave - Ardal
Double Cross - Anna Henrietta

Syndicate
Blood Money
Jackpot
Lined Pockets
Off the Books
Congregate
Wild Card - Cleaver

Thanks in advance!

I’ve been reading online quite a bit about the game and see long-time players refer to faction abilities as leader abilities

Because they used to be leader abilities before CDPR uncoupled the leader skin from its ability. You can still view the leaders (artwork) here: https://gwent.one/en/cards/. Just filter on showing only leaders.

Nilfgaard
Strategic Withdrawl
Imperial Formation
Lockdown
Enslave - Ardal
I can do this one.

Strategic Withdrawal - Emhyr var Emreis
Imperial Formation - Morvran Voorhis
Lockdown - Usurper

Monsters... pretty sure it's:
Carapace - Eredin
Force of Nature - Woodland Spirit
Death's Shadow - Unseen Elder
Arachas Swarm - Arachas Queen

I have some ideas about a few others, but someone else is sure to know for certain.

Edit: Or someone can just ninja me... once again. :p

@malgg I copied your template and filled in the rest.
This information is very important and should probably be pinned or easily accessible to players.
The website @4RM3D mentioned is an alternative, but its way more complicated than having a simple list, because the filters dont seem to be working well, plus you need to select the version you want (current versions dont have leaders).

Monsters
Carapace - Eredin
Force of Nature - Woodland Spirit
Death’s Shadow - Unseen Elder
Arachas Swarm - Arachas Queen
Fruits of Ysgith - Gernichora
Blood Scent - Dettlaff

Northern Realms
Inspired Zeal - King Foltest
Royal Inspiration - Queen Meve
Mobilization - King Henselt
Vicious Slash - Princess Adda
Stockpile - King Demavend
Pincer Maneuver - Queen Calanthe

Scoia’tael
Guerilla Tactics - King Brouver
Invigorate - Filavandrel
Mystic Echo - Francesca Findabair
Precision Strike - Eithné
Deadeye Ambush - Eldain
Call of Harmony - Dana Meadbh

Skellige
Onslaught - Crach an Craite
Reckless Flurry - Harald
Sacrificial Vanguard - King Bran
Second Wind - Eist Tuirseach
Patricidal Fury - Arnjolf
Ursine Ritual - Svalblod

Nilfgaard
Strategic Withdrawl - Emhyr
Imperial Formation - Morvran
Lockdown - Usurper
Enslave - Ardal

Syndicate
Blood Money - Whoreson Junior
Jackpot - Gudrun
Lined Pockets - Dijkstra
Off the Books - King of Beggars
Congregate - Hemmelfart
Wild Card - Cleaver

Got a lot of dumb questions. Hopefully people bare with :)

1- "Wild hunt Rider: Summon a copy of this unit from your deck to this row" this card doesn't work sometimes even though I have another one of it on my deck (and not in graveyard), why's that?

2- "Wild Hunt Warrior: Deploy: Damage an enemy by 1, Dominance: Damage an enemy by 3 instead" When does Deploy work and when does Dominance does? Don't get these at all.

3- Cards like "Alpha Werewolf" have two little green circles at the bottom left, what do they mean? And what does "Immunity. Thrive." mean?

4- When I click on "More Info" on cards, nothing shows up (I'm on Android..)

5- What does giving a shield to card do? Prevent it from getting attacked with bleeding, etc?

6- How do I earn new cards? I entered the shop and all I see are options to buy kegs and packs with real only lol.

7- Difference between Arena and Seasonal? They're all locked and tells me I need to reach level 10 for them, wondering if they're the same.

8- How does the "Tactical Advantage" card exactly work? It's on my deck but sometimes it's automatically played at the first round for me, sometimes for my enemy.

9- What does locking a unit do?

10- What does "Implantable Fog" do beside damaging the highest unit by 2?

11- What does Purifying do in the "Moon Dust" card?

12- Do they do sales on the kegs and card packs?

2- "Wild Hunt Warrior: Deploy: Damage an enemy by 1, Dominance: Damage an enemy by 3 instead" When does Deploy work and when does Dominance does? Don't get these at all.
Deploy works when you play the card onto the board. Dominance: "Ability triggered if the player controls the Unit the highest Power on the Battlefield." The rules on it have been changed several times, though

3- Cards like "Alpha Werewolf" have two little green circles at the bottom left, what do they mean? And what does "Immunity. Thrive." mean?
See the Glossary. The green icon is Immune.

6- How do I earn new cards? I entered the shop and all I see are options to buy kegs and packs with real only lol.
Kegs can be bought with ore, 100 ore per keg (some I think may cost more). You can also craft cards in the deck builder.

7- Difference between Arena and Seasonal?
Arena is a draft mode, where you construct a deck by picking cards one by one. Seasonal is a special mode that changes every season (month). It's the same as casual/ranked except it has a special ruleset.

8- How does the "Tactical Advantage" card exactly work?
It's a Stratagem, which whoever goes first gets on their board.

9- What does locking a unit do?
It locks (disables) any abilities the unit has. Order, Deathwish, etc.

10- What does "Implantable Fog" do beside damaging the highest unit by 2?
Nothing, but it lasts for several turns (three?).

11- What does Purifying do in the "Moon Dust" card?
See Glossary.

12- Do they do sales on the kegs and card packs?
Sometimes, yes.

Several other questions will also be answered by the Glossary I linked.

Is there a way to reduce tribute costs on Syndicate cards? In a match I just played, the opponent had 6 gold, then played a card with a 9-cost tribute ability that summons an 11 strength card. They paid only 1 gold (they had 5 left afterwards) and activated that tribute effect.

Did I miss something or is this bugged?

Why is there no auto-mill button anymore?

I started to play Gwent again after android release. In the last time i've played it. We had a button for auto-mill. Then i've learned the developers removed the button and instead add feature which automatically mills the duplicate card. After some time they've removed that as well and now we have to mill them one by one. How did you manage to move this game backwards. You should add that button again. I dont want to mill them one by one. I fell like a caveman painting the cave walls when doing that

Top Bottom