GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
Pretty sure there wasn't any defender. Since the frightener was the first card he played.

But that seems broken too... artifacts are really powerful, using defenders seem silly to protect them and really overpowered. Defenders should only block you from using locks, poisons, bleeds, damage.

Pretty sure there wasn't any defender. Since the frightener was the first card he played.
Well, if it happens again and you're sure there is nothing blocking the Bomb Heaver, you can report it to Support.
I know for a fact I've used Bomb Heaver on the Frightener artifact before, but it was a long time ago.

Defenders should only block you from using locks, poisons, bleeds, damage.
Not a topic for this thread, but you can join a more appropriate thread, such as this.

(Posts moved.)

*Im a new player. Played the game from 3 days*

I have a question. Is there any diffrence in getting a diffrent leader or its only for cosmetics, because i saw that you can change the abilty of a leader in the deck buider . Becouse i have a few key's to spend and im not sure if i have to buy a new leader or just boom it all on the first one that is unlocked.

Cheers !

I have a question. Is there any diffrence in getting a diffrent leader or its only for cosmetics
The only thing that's different between Leaders, other than the appeareance, is the voicelines they have for emotes. Different skins for the same Leader are a purely cosmetic customization option.

In the past each Leader had one ability, but they were decoupled, which resulted in the current system.

(Post moved to our community Q&A thread.)

If i understood correctly i can just spend all my points on Eredin (because i play Moster decks) and every other leader will be only for collection and getting the ore + the lore (wich i could say will be good becouse on every game im a collector)

If i understood correctly i can just spend all my points on Eredin (because i play Moster decks) and every other leader will be only for collection and getting the ore + the lore (wich i could say will be good becouse on every game im a collector)
Yes and no. You don't need to spend any keys in order to play a certain "leader ability" of your Monsters deck. When you click on "Play", the "leader" that you can choose in the settings is only for cosmetics. The Monsters faction tree is a good start, although you can start on any facttion tree and then you can still use the ore for Monster-kegs, even if you started on Northern Realms. Just in case you didn't know: You can click on that Monsters symbol, you don't have to start with Eredin's tree.

Last edited:
The Moster tree is almost complete without the leaders because I wasn't sure about the privileges of a leader that's why I asked. Now I will continue with Eredin (because when we speak about cosmetics he looks great). Thank you very much for the fast response and for the generous answers. 🙌👏

Can anyone tell me when the next balance changes will come ?
I hardly manage to motivate myself playing in the current format.
You're question is probably not meant that serious and more a complain about the current state gwent is in, you as a long time player should known that there usually will be some sort of balance changes at the end of the current Season in 4 Days hopefully a big one and not just a band aid with only some small Skellige nerfs.

You're question is probably not meant that serious and more a complain about the current state gwent is in, you as a long time player should known that there usually will be some sort of balance changes at the end of the current Season in 4 Days hopefully a big one and not just a band aid with only some small Skellige nerfs.
Actually my question was not exactly meant as a complaint, however given the amount of changes that got somewhat hinted I was unsure if I missed a statement that there would be a delay.
And given how long MM has been out I was also not sure if they would delay it a bit longer to get more data.

Actually my question was not exactly meant as a complaint, however given the amount of changes that got somewhat hinted I was unsure if I missed a statement that there would be a delay.
And given how long MM has been out I was also not sure if they would delay it a bit longer to get more data.
The patch overview will go live on August 3rd.

Can someone please explain to me the Duel function that NR has? Do they take turns doing their base power or does it count the boost they currently have in the damage?
I had a game where my foe had Prince Anaishole (base = 4 points) boosted to 6 points, and I had my Ekimmara (token, 2 base power) boosted to 8 points so I was certain that my Ekimmara would win and kill him if he dueled it, BUT NOPE! My unit dies and his guy was alive with 2 points left or smtn...

Can someone please explain to me the Duel function that NR has?
In your case: Anseis dealt 6 damage, leaving the Ekimmara at 2. Then, the Ekimmara dealt 2 damage to Anseis, leaving him at 4. Anseis dealt 4 damage, killing the Ekimmara (putting it to -2 current power).

In general, Dueling units deal damage equal to their current power, taking turns until one of them dies.

In your case: Anseis dealt 6 damage, leaving the Ekimmara at 2. Then, the Ekimmara dealt 2 damage to Anseis, leaving him at 4. Anseis dealt 4 damage, killing the Ekimmara (putting it to -2 current power).

In general, Dueling units deal damage equal to their current power, taking turns until one of them dies.
I don't get it lol. Why did my guy then deal 2 dmg?

The only explanation I have is that they take turns dealing Anseis' base power in damage. So they take turns doing 4 points of dmg until one of them is dead, with Anseis getting the first hit in thus being in an advantage.

He deals 4 dmg, brings my guy from 8 to 4, then my guy deal's 4 back, bringing him to 2 and then he brings my guy to 0 and Anseis left at 2.

But that's not how the game explains it, they should be more precise about what Duel does!

Why did my guy then deal 2 dmg?
I already told you. Anseis' first attack left the Ekimmara at 2 power, so it dealt 2 damage.

The only explanation I have is that they take turns dealing Anseis' base power in damage.
No. Current power, not base power, and each card deals damage equal to its own current power.

Check out this old thread for a very thorough explanation of the mechanic.

Is there going to be a seasonal week in Arena?

Isn't it the last week before a big release when there are seasonal effects in Arena?

Do you know when it's gonna happen?

I'm not sure if this is answered yet, and I'm relatively new to forums in general and also to Gwent. Last season was the first time I reached Top 500 in Pro Rank and finished at 482. When the season reset I was relegated to Rank 3. I read somewhere that top 500 players get to stay in Pro Rank. Is this not true?

Will there ever be an option to do Geralt's journey again? like maybe an event down the line where people can catch up on journeys they missed or just be able to buy that journey from the store at some point when there are no other journeys live. I get the feature is still quite new so that would be far down the line, but would be quite encouraging to know for players who couldn't play during that time and missed out on the most important character. Feels bad man (

Hello again! Is there a known issue with the Dwarven Skirmisher hitting for only 2 and not the intended 3? Is there some other variable I am overlooking, or am I mistaken about the function of the card?

Top Bottom