GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
lightningsky;n10276562 said:
Ok now I get it. "It works by pulling a copy of a Bronze Wild Hunt unit from your deck." So this is wrong.

It's not wrong, it's just excluding the "choose an Ally" part. The most common problem people have with the Navigator is the fact it plays a unit from the deck instead of creating it out of thin air like Eredin does.

How exactly does "ALLY" work? Is it on your side of the board?

Yes.

Weavess: Incantation says "Strengthen allied Relicts, wherever they are." So I'm assuming there are cards considered "ALLY" without being on your side of the board.

Key difference here is "allied" vs. "Ally".
"Allied Relicts" means all Relicts in your deck, hand or board. Graveyard is excluded despite the card text saying 'wherever they are', and Leaders not yet played are also unaffected.

Last edited:
RidiculousName;n10276622 said:
Key difference here is "allied" vs. "Ally".
"Allied Relicts" means all Relicts in your deck, hand or board. Graveyard is excluded despite the card text saying 'wherever they are', and Leaders not yet played are also unaffected.

You are kidding me. There should be a tool tip for these. Also I think it's obvious but I just want to clarify just in case; the leader card does not count as an ally despite being on your side of the board?

Does this make all loyal units either ally units or units that when played will become ally units?

Edit: After testing Leader does count as an ally? I thought it didn't because I couldn't choose Eredin when spawning Navigator because I assumed that if I did not have the card in your deck I would choose the unit and nothing would happen. Turns out if you do not have the card in your deck you cannot choose the ally unit.

Last edited:
lightningsky;n10276902 said:
leader card does not count as an ally despite being on your side of the board?

Unfortunately, Leaders do count as allies when they're on the board. I know it's confusing; it can even confuse veteran players.

lightningsky;n10276902 said:
Does this make all loyal units either ally units or units that when played will become ally units?

All loyal units become Allies when played.
But: if your opponent plays a spy, then the spy counts as an Ally for your own, loyal units. Likewise if you play a spy, it will be an Ally to opponent's loyal units.

I believe there was a definition of "Ally" in the game at some point, and it was along the lines of "A Unit on your side of the board".

Guys I have 4160 crafting mats and I really don't know what to craft.I'm playing a lot with Northern Realms cause I got more cards than in other faction.What do you suggest I should craft?

4RM3D;n10280142 said:
Without knowing which cards you have and what kind of archetype you want to play, I can only make a generic suggestion. The Nova Armor deck is pretty decent: https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/40827-...mpo-deck-79-wr

More or less what I am playing right now.Missing Stennis,Dijkstra,Shani,Natalis,Last Wish and Marching Orders.Might w8 a bit longer and see if I get any of them through kegs.Thanks for taking the time to help :D

Last edited:
Divine_Raiden;n10283552 said:
More or less what I am playing right now.Missing Stennis,Dijkstra,Shani,Natalis,Last Wish and Marching Orders.Might w8 a bit longer and see if I get any of them through kegs.Thanks for taking the time to help :D

So, basically, you are missing the whole core except for Nova.

Crafting priority: Marching Orders > Stennis > Natalis > Shani > Dijkstra > Last Wish

- Dijkstra can be replaced with another gold, preferably Royal Decree.
- Last Wish can be replaced with another silver.
- Marching Orders and Stennis are cheap enough, so you should be able to get them.
- Natalis is essential and cannot be replaced.

roach not triggering?

Just checking in with everybody. I'm having issues with roach not triggering. I've been trying to get my quest to win 3 NG matches and noticing that 3 times roach hasn't pulled when using my leader card. ( I know leader rant pull him) and last wish. Besides the bs of viglefortz pulling roach as the card he plays, Roach has not been pulling today.. First I used my leader to vesemir.... No roach... Then I used last wish to Ciri nova... No roach. He's in my deck because he was pulled with viglefortz. I think this is a glitch because each match I mulliganed him first choice. Did this cause him to get blacklisted? Irritating because it just cost me 2 matches where those 4 points where needed. Anyone having this issue?

Mancoon1980 Thread merged.

Roach is only pulled when you play a Gold Unit from hand.
Getting Vesemir via Calveit and Nova via Last Wish did not play those Golds from your hand, hence no Roach.

4RM3D;n10284852 said:
So, basically, you are missing the whole core except for Nova.

Crafting priority: Marching Orders > Stennis > Natalis > Shani > Dijkstra > Last Wish

- Dijkstra can be replaced with another gold, preferably Royal Decree.
- Last Wish can be replaced with another silver.
- Marching Orders and Stennis are cheap enough, so you should be able to get them.
- Natalis is essential and cannot be replaced.

I was thinking about crafting Shani.She seems good enough and can fit into other Northern Realm decks.Atm I'm using Priscila,Tris,Nova and Decree.Also bear in mind i'm quite new to the game so I don't know much about it yet.

coralzombie;n10289452 said:
What is being done about Dwarves?

CDPR has stated that the faction is being looked at and that it will receive some changes in the coming patch. No further details are known yet.

4RM3D;n10289462 said:
CDPR has stated that the faction is being looked at and that it will receive some changes in the coming patch. No further details are known yet.

When is the coming patch? Any Estimate on month or week?

4RM3D;n10289522 said:
Nothing official; probably at the end of the current season.

What is the official stance of the developers in regards to the unbalanced game and how they can broadcast a live tournament with the current list of unaddressed issues that have persisted over the last 3 months?

coralzombie;n10289732 said:
What is the official stance of the developers in regards to the unbalanced game and how they can broadcast a live tournament with the current list of unaddressed issues that have persisted over the last 3 months?

Better ask that in the GWENT: Ask a Dev thread.

Any plans for a keg sale or promo any time soon?

Any plans for a keg sale or promo any time soon?

Trying to decide if I should save my gift-card for a keg sale, another premium keg weekend or use now on something else.

Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom