GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
No challenges in this month?

I find it strange, I was waiting to play a concrete deck all the week, but I do not see the time comes.

is almost 1 year i stopped to play now coming back i see many trasformation ….
first i dont remember what the 3 icons means on top of the deck creation (book helm wine&bread) ?
how you pick leader skill ?
is the last expansion free or you have to pay ?
thx a lot for helping

first i dont remember what the 3 icons means on top of the deck creation (book helm wine&bread) ?
I've already answered your question here.

how you pick leader skill ?
Same way you always do, but now you can also select a different leader skin in the same way you can select a different board.

is the last expansion free or you have to pay ?
The expansion is basically a new set of cards which can be crafted or collected from the new Iron Judgement kegs.

thx a lot but about minimum units what it means is this for not having all spells and artifacts in the deck?
how good is iron judgement ?
thx again

Guest 4374320

Is it possible to import a Thronebreaker save from Steam to Gwent? I was oblivious to the fact that Gwent wasn`t available on Steam and furthermore that the GOG store even existed until after I completed Thronebreaker, so the save from Thronebreaker is not automatically recognized. In other words, can I manually add a steam Thronebreaker save to Gwent? Also, if this is not possible, how will mobile Gwent players import this information?

Is it possible to import a Thronebreaker save from Steam to Gwent?
No. The Steam version of Thronebreaker is not connected to GWENT (because GWENT is not on Steam).

If you have Thronebreaker on both Steam and GOG, you can import saves between the two versions but GWENT will only recognise the GOG version.

Guest 4374320

No. The Steam version of Thronebreaker is not connected to GWENT (because GWENT is not on Steam).

If you have Thronebreaker on both Steam and GOG, you can import saves between the two versions but GWENT will only recognise the GOG version.
Thanks for the reply, when GOG Galaxy 2.0 is released, will this still be true? So when I link my Steam library to GOG, will GWENT recognize Thronebreaker, or would I still need to purchase Thronebreaker through GOG?

Thanks for the reply, when GOG Galaxy 2.0 is released, will this still be true? So when I link my Steam library to GOG, will GWENT recognize Thronebreaker, or would I still need to purchase Thronebreaker through GOG?

Galaxy 2.0 won't change anything in that regard, unfortunately. It only imports your library from other applications.

Guest 4374320

So I repurchased Thronebreaker through GOG (it was on sale) so that I could import my save (from Steam) and claim the benefits, only to find that the Thronebreaker contracts were not available (see below main post, which demonstrates why this shouldn`t happen, also apologies for not being an image, as the file size was too large). As a result, I decided that I would load up the last save (Aldersberg) and repeat the ending to see what happened. Only a handful of contracts were completed, such as for completing the campaign or slaying Gernichora, while other contracts, such opening a specific chest and finding the easter egg (CD PROJEKT weathervane, Gaunter O`Dimm whistle, and note from mage) were marked as uncompleted, despite my completion. I was wondering if this meant that to receive the rewards I would need to reply Thronebreaker (optimally, this wouldn`t be necessary, as despite it being a fantastic game in my opinion, I played over 40 hours and concluded it yesterday) or if there was a fix for this? Thanks in advance and for the previous response.

Campaign Summary:
Total Time Spent - 41h 13m
Quests Completed - 58
Standard Battles Won - 36
Puzzles Completed - 36
Golden Chests Found - 42/42
All Crates Found - 438
Recruits Conscripted - 27 (this is only for Aldersberg I assume, as I had over 500 recruits)
Shrines Illuminated - 24

So I repurchased Thronebreaker through GOG (it was on sale) so that I could import my save (from Steam) and claim the benefits, only to find that the Thronebreaker contracts were not available.

Most games that have achievements do not reward them retroactively. In some cases, that would also be undesirable because of the amount of stats that need to be tracked and the unintended side-effects that it might cause (on a technical level). Thronebreaker is no different here and, to be honest, I wasn't surprised either.

To answer your question, you do have to play through the game again to get all unlockables, but you can play the game on easy and skip most fights to ease the progress.

Guest 4374320

Final question regarding Thronebreaker, which is directly related to GOG 2.0, which I had mentioned previously. Specifically, as I now own two copies of Thronebreaker (and as a result two copies of The Witcher, one which I had purchased on Steam and one that I was gifted when repurchasing Thronebreaker on GOG), how will GOG 2.0 handle users who have multiple copies of the same game? This question appears to have an obvious response (in the positive) but I was just curious if multiple copies of the same game would appear as different titles considering that GOG 2.0 is essentially just acting as a shortcut manager for titles not purchased through GOG (or to answer my question and save you, the reader, an extended response, if users can freely choose what games they see, or rephrased, can hide titles as they already can in the GOG store library, simply respond with YES). Once again thanks in advance and apologies for questions that diverge from GWENT (yet as these inquiries pertain to Thronebreaker, I feel less guilty posting to this forum).

Hey guys,

first of all, Im sorry for bad english.
Im pretty new in this game and I have one question.
When i pass my turn in ranked games, some minions stay on the field and some get killed.
My question is how does the game decide what minion gets killed?
Can u please tell me?

My question is how does the game decide what minion gets killed?
If a unit has resilience (a tower icon in the bottom left corner of the card) it will stay on the board for the next round. If not, it will go to the graveyard or get banished.

(Also, thread merged.)

I bought thronebreaker on impulse during a GOG sale, added it to my ever increasing pile of shame. Saw something there about gwent, so installed it, and have been playing for a few weeks now. Didn't open any kegs after the first couple, just used the default starter decks and/or played arena. Did ok, apart from the odd classic/seasonal game where I'm against some gold-filled, rare-filled deck. And haven't quite cracked a 9 win arena yet, but have self-destructed in spectacular fashion form 7-0 a couple of times. ><

Now hit the first prestige level, got some idea for the game, opened all my reward kegs, and I'm ready to start building some stuff.

I've played deckbuilding games in the past, so I've got some idea of what I'm doing, though prefer multiplayer to head to head. Some of the head to head frustrations of other games seem to be here too, in particular it seems like many people are copying decklists rather than building their own, some archetypes seem overpowered or have a bit of rock/paper/scissors to them, and rare/gold cards seem to offer more for their provision cost.

I do have a few questions. I've read the stickied glossary thread, but is there a companion glossary post for some of the abbreviations/slang used on the forums?

I *think* there's a limit of just 2 copies per deck of any individual card? Is that correct?

Locking a unit is meant to disable abilities given by card text, isn't it? Any reason defender still works when locked?

I do have a few questions. I've read the stickied glossary thread, but is there a companion glossary post for some of the abbreviations/slang used on the forums?

There is no list at the ready, but if some abbreviation is unclear, you can ask about it here.

I *think* there's a limit of just 2 copies per deck of any individual card? Is that correct?

Kinda, 2 for bronze and 1 for gold cards. Do note that there are cards that can create more copies during the game, like Queen Adale.

Locking a unit is meant to disable abilities given by card text, isn't it? Any reason defender still works when locked?

Because Defender is a status. All icons on the card are statuses, like bleeding, resilience, shield, poison, bounty and, ironically, locks. Statuses need to be purified. On the other hand, locks only work against units that have an (order) ability.

Top Bottom