GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
I may not always be happy with the meta; I don’t always agree with its direction (especially with the developer’s heavy focus on big, flashy cards which are inevitably binary if not imbalanced). I might hate the interface (which gets no attention), and strongly wish for a viable AI to play against when my life is too prone to interruptions to make pvp fair to potential opponents (and that is most of the time).

But when it comes right down to it, I still love the game of Gwent. It is still rich in ideas and strategy. The core structure is unique and almost perfect for a ccg. I sincerely believe the developers intend well for the game and do their best with the resources they have. And I think the community can be excessively critical — especially with certain weak archetypes that provide critical balancing for other excesses. But I also appreciate that the community is vibrant and cares enough about the game to disagree — and to remain connected even at times when they are not playing.

I'd love to play Gwent regularly and see devs act on issues faster. Surely, we're all excited for new cards, it's great to expand on our possibilities. Problem is, expansions with overpowered cards aren't adding variety to the meta, but almost always limit meta down to few decks, doing the opposite. Meta in Gwent does not have to shift that much, it should barely change if at all, since Gwent is quite old and there are hundreds of strategies to expand upon. New cards should add some varnish to already balanced strategies, not completely change the meta, turning really powerful strategies into average mashups.

You're saying game is full of strategies - while that's true, people are just not using them, but are rather sticking to netdecking, mostly due to cards being too strong upon release every time. Unfortunately, acting on those problems often takes too much time. Times of Viy or SK Second Wind are probably my worst memories, quickly overshadowed by current events.

Gwent lost it's core structure. Game is favoring you due to random fact of being first, or 8/9P neutrals playing regularly in almost every deck for around or over 20 points, without any setup - that is certainly not the game we all fell for. Some strategies are non exsistent anymore. Card advantage doesn't matter, no deck wants to be on Red and early pass is an instant defeat.

In any case, I'm not planning on coming back until this is changed. I'm sure it will, I just don't understand why it has to take so much time.

Instead of sensible introduction and quick hotfix, we're just forced to live with it and play what everyone else does, cause it's simply stronger by design. So much changed because of few cards, and that shows it was not a good release. I really don't get that approach.

Hey there All from New Mexico! I have a question. In the Gwent library I "purchased" with crafting cost a deck built by someone else. Am I able to create a deck that others can "Purchase" with crafting cost?

Hey there All from New Mexico! I have a question. In the Gwent library I "purchased" with crafting cost a deck built by someone else. Am I able to create a deck that others can "Purchase" with crafting cost?
Of course you can. Just click on the sharing option right in the deckbuilder

Hello, I'm kinda new to Gwent, I started with Northern realm, I learned almost all the NR cards and what they do. I made a Shieldwall deck with Roegner, Things were pretty balanced, lost games, and won others, I even got 10-12 win streaks when i get lucky with the draws. I used to win against veteran people with more 3000wins in their accounts. I got to rank 10 so fast. but now after the update, I can't even win a single game. I changed nothing in my deck, my strategy is the same, but the meta shift (I guess) is what I'm experiencing, and it is unbearable, if this is how the "Meta" changes in the game, then it is not funny at all for new player with less cards in their collections.
Is there a website where you guys look for decks, except the official one? cause in deck guides in the official site, I can't find any NR deck that is trending.

What is reward past level 100 with premium journey? Is it same as standard - 2 RP per level or premium journey gives extra RP?

Hey community, I am puzzled buy a total change of the looks and contents of reward book. I was away for a week and when I came back I found a totally redesigned reward book with zero progress on any path. What happened with the keys and resources I've invested in the initial one? I was still a beginner, now my stats are 18-25-8 (in the upper left side of the screen). Was I "promoted" to a new stage of the reward book? But even so, I had invested some resources in the old, simpler one, and now it seems they are all lost.

EDIT: The old reward book was like this one: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/reward-book-issue.11096803/
Now it looks like this one: https://cdn-l-mkt.cdprojektred.com/...-Game-Screenshot-2018.10.20---08.16.20.86.png
I had non-zero progress in the first one in all factions and invested a lot of keys and resources (like... 36 keys maybe) on all three branches in all factions with only some of the investment reaching some reward. So I wonder why have I been "moved" to a new kind of reward book apparently loosing all I had invested in the old one. I know this is only a community board but I hope you can help me with an asnwer. Maybe the "old" reward book is still somewhere and I just need to open it? Thanks!

is there a way to reset levels ? i am new to the game only been playing for two weeks, but in the beginning i enjoyed it! absolute loved it! I still play hours everyday , but i has gotten way to easy! and i always end up playing with people who only knows nilfgard and they are too easy, they all play the same deck, poisen and baninsh. If i am lucky i will 1/20 games get to play scoia'tael but it is not often. I want to play like in the beginning where it was normal people and every deck was diffrent and i couldnt guess what the other player was playing with.
Do i have to make a new user or is there a way ?

There is only one way I know — and it is not really under your control. At the end of every monthly season, all players beyond rank 25 are automatically dropped from 1 to 3 ranks (depending upon your current rank). So if you don’t win ranked games, e.g. if you only play seasonal or unranked games, you very gradually drop back.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is any way to recreate the experience you had in you first few weeks of play.

I can say that I play almost exclusively unranked (training mode vs player). Although others claim a different experience, I encounter a wide variety of decks — some meta, but most far from optimized and some very creatively constructed. If you are unhappy with a ranked playing experience, try unranked before giving up.

Last edited:
There is only one way I know — and it is not really under your control. At the end of every monthly season, all players beyond rank 25 are automatically dropped from 1 to 3 ranks (depending upon your current rank). So if you don’t win ranked games, e.g. if you only play seasonal or unranked games, you very gradually drop back.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is any way to recreate the experience you had in you first few weeks of play.

I can say that I play almost exclusively unranked (training mode vs player). Although others claim a different experience, I encounter a wide variety of decks — some meta, but most far from optimized and some very creatively constructed. If you are unhappy with a ranked playing experience, try unranked before giving up.
Thanks, I would never give up! I still enjoy playing, but i only play Standard mode, mayne i should try out something different. Just today i got in a match with the player 5 times during 3 hours gameplay.
I did have two great games just finished one against monster deck with someone who didnt just use what "everyone" else is playing with.
I only won by 2 points !
Sorry for my english, i am used to auto correct

I am interested in purchasing the Premium Pass for Gwent. Does this pass reset every season or is it a one time purchase? Thanks for any help!

Hi guys! please tell me when event (journey) with Alzur Yen and Triss will open?:rolleyes: what is august date?
Post automatically merged:

Hi guys! please tell me when event (journey) with Alzur Yen and Triss will open?:rolleyes: what is august date?
pls tell me i wanna buy journey :(

Last edited:
Ever wondered about something and you didn't want to start a new thread to ask about it? Look no further. This thread is meant for simple questions and quick answers, rather than long discussions about one particular subject. Everyone can ask questions and everyone can answer them; by players, for players.
Is there an explanation anywhere for all the terminology on the cards at a very basic level ie what and when do orders work, and all the rest of the stuff written on the cards?

Hi,

anyone knows when will returns shupe's bunny ears in the shop ?
Last appearance was may 2021 :(
It would be nice to see them again.

Top Bottom