GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
KDean11;n9832571 said:
What is the highest play possible in one turn, regardless the set-up needed?

Personally, a 50+ turn with Emhyr+Fringilla+VicovaroMedic. I had play Tibor+2 Ambassador before that.

Combined two 50+ units (one of them being tibor) with Letho then used Cahir+Fringilla. It was possible to buff units way more to get more swing but this was more than enough already. 100+ points in one card is overkill.

Then they got ignied as I expected

altaybek;n9832641 said:
Combined two 50+ units (one of them being tibor) with Letho then used Cahir+Fringilla. It was possible to buff units way more to get more swing but this was more than enough already. 100+ points in one card is overkill.

Then they got ignied as I expected

Oh yeah, gotta love if that happens then opponent has igni or scourge.

Not too sure if this is a stupid question or not but if I buy kegs using real money do the cards I get carry over into the next season or does my collection get wiped ?

MrMean24;n9850141 said:
Not too sure if this is a stupid question or not but if I buy kegs using real money do the cards I get carry over into the next season or does my collection get wiped ?

Quoted from the official FAQ:
Do you plan on wiping accounts in the future?

No further account progress wipes are planned, but — since GWENT is still in the beta stage of development — however unlikely, wipes are technically still possible. If we need to reset your beta progress, we will inform you about that in advance.

Last time there was a wipe, we didn't get to keep the cards, but we got the same amount of kegs back, which had been bought with real money.

EDIT: I'm not quite sure what you meant with "next season"? If you mean the ranked season, then it's only rank progress that gets wiped, not your cards. There has only been one full account reset so far (from Closed Beta to Public Beta), and as far as we know at this point, no others have been planned.

Last edited:
babbustaman;n9870661 said:
So... Public beta... If I buy cards now will I get to keep the cards in the future? Like when it releases?

Not the cards themselves, but you'll get fresh kegs. From the official FAQ:

Do you plan on wiping accounts in the future?
No further account progress wipes are planned, but — since GWENT is still in the beta stage of development — however unlikely, wipes are technically still possible. If we need to reset your beta progress, we will inform you about that in advance. Should this happen, we will return to you any purchases (e.g. Card Kegs, Meteorite Powder, the Starter Pack) made using real-world currency after the reset.

Hello all,

since i can't create new topics in bug section because of brilliant "10 post" system i want to ask my question here.

I'm a new player and maybe it's a known thing but NOTHING in card description warns about it.

I had a game, my opponent plays Olgierd on first turn. I have empty board and on second turn play Pavetta with idea to throw Olgierd back into opponent's deck. The result was quite unexpected for me, when i played the card Olgierd wasn't shuffled back and Pavetta basically did nothing.

I never felt so salty and i still don't understand why didn't it work.

Is it a known bug or can someone explain me the mechanics behind this?

Me.Solo;n9880801 said:
I have empty board and on second turn play Pavetta with idea to throw Olgierd back into opponent's deck.

And there is were things went sideways. Pavetta's ability states:

Deploy: If neither player has passed, shuffle the Lowest different Bronze or Silver Ally into your Deck, then shuffle the Lowest different Bronze or Silver Enemy into your opponent's Deck.

First, she has to shuffle another allied unit back into the deck, before she can shuffle an enemy unit into the deck. Because the first part of the ability could not trigger, the second part did not happen either. There are more of these conditional cards, like Milva.

Me.Solo

Welcome to the forums! :)

If you play Pavetta without having any other Bronze/Silver units on your side of the board, she won't do anything.
This is due to the word then in her description: "-- shuffle the Lowest different Bronze or Silver Ally into your Deck, then shuffle the Lowest different Bronze or Silver Enemy --".

The first condition has to be met in order for the second part to trigger.

Does anyone know if any of the trackers or perhaps some website has an option to export your decks, but in pdf/txt format? Basically, export to print?

No Title

How do I get the card art to go along with GwentUp like black toof has here?

Attachments

• photo183671.png
    photo183671.png
    613.8 KB · Views: 133
i guess this has been asked b4 on other forums...but can I play against friends in gwent or is this feature still in development?? Thank you for your reply

SouvikDe;n9907641 said:
i guess this has been asked b4 on other forums...but can I play against friends in gwent or is this feature still in development?? Thank you for your reply

You can play against friends in PC vs PC, PS4 vs PS4 and X1 vs X1 matches. I'm not sure how/if cross platform friend matches work in Win 10 version between X1 and PC?

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how the new NR bronze CATAPULT card can be usefull in any case? Also Reinforced Trebuched is useless with no sinergy with Crewmen and easy to be removed.

Hi there, I have loved the Witcher games and particularly the Gwent minigame tied into the third installment. Being a single-player minded gamer I was hoping to see a Campaign of sorts in this spinoff. Is it planned, or considering to be added in for the final version? Some of the descriptions here revolving around "competitive", thus i was wondering: is this not on the road-map at all?

If not, are there any plans to provide content for Single Player besides challenges that do not reward players after completed once?

Now I do reject all sorts of in-game payment mechanics as in both cases (simply buying progression or grinding for it) decrease game quality in my opinion, but I do in fact thought the success of the third game showed a much better way of going about this: Make a good game and within that set up a next one.

I would like to pay full price for a Gwent game with a campaign minigame tied in where the player progression can actually take place (in this case by e.g.: conquering regions via battles represented in card games) and if that mini game is done well, support the offshoot strategy game from that. I am probably not alone with this, and gambling mechanics can be left on the floor making CD Project a company that remains a fan favorite

Last edited:
Top Bottom